CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cost of living increases but company has started to align salaries with industry standards to retain good employees (in 18 reviews)

• No raises - you need to be promoted to a new position at the next level (in 32 reviews)

"Toxic - run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Launch Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Launch Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k match is good but if you couple that with the no raises you will find the math says you can do better in the long run with a company that pays raises and a lower match.
    So I find it interesting the number anonymous entries with one liner comments that are giving CNH 3+ stars. Most last year the rating was a 2.7 then at the end of the year a magically increase to 3.0.

Have to wonder if these aren’t sham entries from HR trying to boost the number. Too bad you have to at least give it a 1 star. 0 stars should be an option.

Cons

So if you read a few of the more detailed entries you will see the similar themes. There are no raises. People go years upon years without raises. I have since left after 4.5 years with no raise. There were others from here that went 8 years with no raise when they left. When interviewing HR will tell you a nice story about how you can get raises but that will never come true.

Oh, and the benefits they keep going up in cost so couple that with your no raise then you are getting an annual pay cut. Let’s not talk about the cost of living that seems to always increase year over year.

The bonuses are a joke. You will be told what your payout ranges is and will never see anywhere near that. Best I saw was 40% of the payout. HR also told a nice story about the bonuses which never came true.

The environment here is toxic. The turnover rate is huge. For those in charge integrity, morals and honesty is not part of the philosophy or culture. Don’t come here if you want to do the right thing for the customer as that’s not the goal. Here its make things look like they are going well when they really aren’t. Fake news and alternative facts are the norm.

The employee review is a forced ranking system, which most companies have long since gone away from for good reason. So don’t expect your review to actually match with your performance. You will be forced into a box and then a review will be fabricated to match the box you were put in. The only result of this is disgruntled employees that weren’t properly reviewed. If you are that rare person that gets a green box congrats. If you got the red box, sorry but someone had to get them. If you are lucky someone from your department will leave or retire at the end of the year so they can give the red boxes to them. Part of the game.

Advice to Management

There is a huge lacking of leadership.Too many people have been in company a long time and don' t have a clue what the real world is like. You need a bunch of new talent at the top.

2. "inspection jobs"

Current Employee - Inspector in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Inspector in Fargo, ND

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

decent pay and benefits for hourly people 4 10 hour shifts monday- thursday

Cons

getting to work by 6:00 am for a 10 hour day

"Worst job in my 20 years as an engineer, at 5 major companies. So bad it defies comparison to past 4 companies."

Former Employee - Engineer in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Racine, WI

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above average 401K matching program.

Cons

Egocentric top management, established culture of distrust, employee compliance leveraged with fear, continuously well-cultivated animosity between corporate and UAW workers creates culture of wage slaves who have little or no incentive to feel true loyalty or pride toward their work.
    No pay increases. There are trivial bonuses possible, and they are pitched to the employees through an empty robotic smile, hoping to convince employees that this is a good deal. But the math is simple:
    When the economy inflates and your salary does not keep up, this amounts to a pay cut. An annually compounding pay cut.
    People quit or get discharged, and their vacated responsibilities are spread out to those people who remain. A few vacancies are refilled, but not enough.
    The job itself is extremely cumbersome due to how they execute their "world class manufacturing" system. It is absolutely a job within a job.
    Lots of ambitious talk and rallying speech from management, but it's hollow at best, hypocritical at worst.
    People shuffled into management positions who have no business managing those whom they given charge over.

Advice to Management

Corporate restructuring.

"Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The boss is fair and works with his team.

Cons

PLM is a joke, when the manager tells you he would have placed you in the green but he was told he needs to have someone in the red to make the "Bell Curve" work, so he places you in the red. Great incentive to give your all.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the current PLM process and rank everyone according to their performance.

5. "Material Planning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Holiday pay, Decent compensation if you're not promoted from within.

Cons

Higher starting wage for same jobs on outside hires. Top down management style,

6. "Huge workload"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great brands. Hard working people. Good industry. Set your own schedule.

Cons

Top down control. Very little training for new hires.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to improve the culture. This will take a few years. Work life balance will need to be more manageable.

7. "WCM specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people are nice to work with ;)

Cons

communication with management with goals or projects are at times

"No integrity, toxic mis-management"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good 401k if you last at least 3 years, other departments had a better time of it.

Cons

No integrity, toxic mis-management:

Extremely low integrity: Very high level manager acknowledged that high level managers below him were lying about important matters. This did not bother him. I had concerns about workload and management when I hired on and asked a high level manager about them. He lied to me then or I would not have hired on.

Toxic work environment: Management solely through negative reinforcement, seemingly without reason other than to dump stress. I was chewed on for half an hour for something that occurred months before I joined and was in a radically different area. Setting feet against new projects, feigning incompetence in the hopes of not getting involved, and stating “thats not my job,” has been beat into what should be a team. People actually hid so as to not be the first person that management saw.

Churning, constantly told to reverse course: Was chewed out for not going to a meeting that I was invited to while attending the meeting that conflicted (I was told to never bring a laptop into a meeting by the same manager, so there was no way to receive the new invite). The day before, I was told that the conflicting meeting that I attended was my highest priority (neither meeting was a pillar or safety meeting, which according to policy were highest).

One way communication: My last day, a manager was still making false statements to upper management about the function of a computer process that I had tried twice to straighten him out on. Once written, a computer program will only work a certain way, no matter how firmly you lie about it. Tool design was frequently forced on the floor without consideration for whether or not it was needed or even desirable, much less how it would be integrated into the overall processes and workload of the line. I was told to show the cost benefit of tools that were completely idle. Attempting to call attention to communication problems will lead shortly to a meeting with your management, being told how poor you are at your job and that the problem lies with you.

Plain ol’ mismanagement: We were in a budget crunch. I gave management my time requirements to complete a large mission critical task that I had prior expertise in. The standard contractor had made it clear that they did not want the work, as it was outside their scope. Even assuming that my time estimate was low by 50%, that I only worked 8 hr days (typically 11+ hour days not adding in beaks), and that corporate overburden adds an additional 200% to the cost of my pay, the contractors quote was about 4 times my quote (which was not cheap to begin with). I was chewed out for not insisting that the contractor do the work.

Very high turnover rate in my position. I was told that I would be the 5th in 4 years.

9. "Started out great, awesome people to work with. Got bad for awhile during a lot of management changes."

Former Employee - Material Handler in Goodfield, IL
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Goodfield, IL

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great supervisors and management. Great pay and excellent benefits. WCM working to improve work conditions and work areas. Company does care about employees.

Cons

Some favoritism going on but is being addressed and weeded out by WCM department. Paint and assembly area till very dust which causes sinus illnesses.

Advice to Management

Keep going the way you are, the changes made are excellent.

This is CNH Industrial in Goodfield, illinois

10. "Global Company"

Former Employee - Strategic Sourcing in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Strategic Sourcing in Racine, WI

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time

Pros

Great Experience to learn lean principles and learn from multiple cultures in the Procurement World.

Cons

There should be more Town Hall Meetings . Provide the openings World wide on a regular basis to promote employee growth.