CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

2.7
CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin
Richard Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits, willing to work with you (in 47 reviews)

• Good environment and work life balance (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises or yearly cost of living adjustments (in 18 reviews)

• Low flexibility, work life balance (in 17 reviews)

1. "Assembler"

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time

Pros

Good pay for the woerk

Cons

No communication between people.

Advice to Management

1st and 3rd exchange more information.

"Toxic - run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Launch Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Launch Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k match is good but if you couple that with the no raises you will find the math says you can do better in the long run with a company that pays raises and a lower match.
    So I find it interesting the number anonymous entries with one liner comments that are giving CNH 3+ stars. Most last year the rating was a 2.7 then at the end of the year a magically increase to 3.0.

Have to wonder if these aren’t sham entries from HR trying to boost the number. Too bad you have to at least give it a 1 star. 0 stars should be an option.

Cons

So if you read a few of the more detailed entries you will see the similar themes. There are no raises. People go years upon years without raises. I have since left after 4.5 years with no raise. There were others from here that went 8 years with no raise when they left. When interviewing HR will tell you a nice story about how you can get raises but that will never come true.

Oh, and the benefits they keep going up in cost so couple that with your no raise then you are getting an annual pay cut. Let’s not talk about the cost of living that seems to always increase year over year.

The bonuses are a joke. You will be told what your payout ranges is and will never see anywhere near that. Best I saw was 40% of the payout. HR also told a nice story about the bonuses which never came true.

The environment here is toxic. The turnover rate is huge. For those in charge integrity, morals and honesty is not part of the philosophy or culture. Don’t come here if you want to do the right thing for the customer as that’s not the goal. Here its make things look like they are going well when they really aren’t. Fake news and alternative facts are the norm.

The employee review is a forced ranking system, which most companies have long since gone away from for good reason. So don’t expect your review to actually match with your performance. You will be forced into a box and then a review will be fabricated to match the box you were put in. The only result of this is disgruntled employees that weren’t properly reviewed. If you are that rare person that gets a green box congrats. If you got the red box, sorry but someone had to get them. If you are lucky someone from your department will leave or retire at the end of the year so they can give the red boxes to them. Part of the game.

Advice to Management

There is a huge lacking of leadership.Too many people have been in company a long time and don' t have a clue what the real world is like. You need a bunch of new talent at the top.

"Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The boss is fair and works with his team.

Cons

PLM is a joke, when the manager tells you he would have placed you in the green but he was told he needs to have someone in the red to make the "Bell Curve" work, so he places you in the red. Great incentive to give your all.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the current PLM process and rank everyone according to their performance.

4. "WCM specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people are nice to work with ;)

Cons

communication with management with goals or projects are at times

"No integrity, toxic mis-management"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good 401k if you last at least 3 years, other departments had a better time of it.

Cons

No integrity, toxic mis-management:

Extremely low integrity: Very high level manager acknowledged that high level managers below him were lying about important matters. This did not bother him. I had concerns about workload and management when I hired on and asked a high level manager about them. He lied to me then or I would not have hired on.

Toxic work environment: Management solely through negative reinforcement, seemingly without reason other than to dump stress. I was chewed on for half an hour for something that occurred months before I joined and was in a radically different area. Setting feet against new projects, feigning incompetence in the hopes of not getting involved, and stating “thats not my job,” has been beat into what should be a team. People actually hid so as to not be the first person that management saw.

Churning, constantly told to reverse course: Was chewed out for not going to a meeting that I was invited to while attending the meeting that conflicted (I was told to never bring a laptop into a meeting by the same manager, so there was no way to receive the new invite). The day before, I was told that the conflicting meeting that I attended was my highest priority (neither meeting was a pillar or safety meeting, which according to policy were highest).

One way communication: My last day, a manager was still making false statements to upper management about the function of a computer process that I had tried twice to straighten him out on. Once written, a computer program will only work a certain way, no matter how firmly you lie about it. Tool design was frequently forced on the floor without consideration for whether or not it was needed or even desirable, much less how it would be integrated into the overall processes and workload of the line. I was told to show the cost benefit of tools that were completely idle. Attempting to call attention to communication problems will lead shortly to a meeting with your management, being told how poor you are at your job and that the problem lies with you.

Plain ol’ mismanagement: We were in a budget crunch. I gave management my time requirements to complete a large mission critical task that I had prior expertise in. The standard contractor had made it clear that they did not want the work, as it was outside their scope. Even assuming that my time estimate was low by 50%, that I only worked 8 hr days (typically 11+ hour days not adding in beaks), and that corporate overburden adds an additional 200% to the cost of my pay, the contractors quote was about 4 times my quote (which was not cheap to begin with). I was chewed out for not insisting that the contractor do the work.

Very high turnover rate in my position. I was told that I would be the 5th in 4 years.

"glory days"

Former Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits include good pay and really good people to work with in Wichita.

Cons

Company promotes incompetent people and wonders why morale and productivity is poor. When they have good people they consider them a threat and drive them away.

Advice to Management

Understand the difference between people who know the product and those who think they know the product. The product line can only advance if the product meets customers expectation not corporate expectations.

"Hoping, but not holding my breath for sunnier days."

Current Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with and interesting problems to solve

Cons

Political. A lot of people have quit caring and moral is low. Pay increases and bonuses are vague or unattainable goals.

Advice to Management

Start valuing intellectual capital. Having a pulse and work instructions does not make you qualified to do the job.

"Turn Around and Leave NOW!!"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Specialist in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Specialist in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of the employees. Enjoyed working with the hourly crew and most of the salaried staff. A lot of effort doing positive things for the community.

Cons

The management is incompetent...at all levels. Top management at this location clearly does not even understand the basics of running a production operation...a complete joke. The performance evaluation process is pathetically weak and encourages lying, cheating, and falsification of records. There are no promotion opportunities, an unwritten company policy against raises (haven't given any in 7 years), and bonuses are being phased out. The bottom half of the pay ranges are way below market-value and no one will ever see anything in the upper half of the range. Oh, and don't forget the 10-12 hour days, constantly changing shift coverage, splitting shifts, double-shifts, and on-call 24/7. Several of the managers have no ability to prioritize...or even remember what they said 10 minutes earlier. Often giving conflicting direction on what is important or even understanding what is needed. Massive incompetence all over the place.

Advice to Management

Several members of the management chain of command at this location should seriously consider firing themselves. The corporate management should reassess WCM and what value it provides, because everything at the plant level is about fabricating data, falsifying project priorities to match something already done, and pretending to understand the philosophy for the sake of an audit. A complete sham, smoke and mirrors, a circus.

9. "busy busy busy,not enoughh breaks"

Former Contractor - Assembly in Wichita, KS
    Former Contractor - Assembly in Wichita, KS

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

decent pay,can actually pay my bills

Cons

plant shuts down 2 months out of the year

Advice to Management

show more respect to contract workers

10. "i feel that i have a great job , it pays well but they also make you work for the money, benefits are great also"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisorssembly Mechanic in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisorssembly Mechanic in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits and the pay is good

Cons

very little time off usually