KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CNM Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 29 of over 37 reviews

4.4
CNM Managing Partner Nathan Matthews  (no image)
Nathan Matthews

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

great place

Mar 9, 2022 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Atmosphere lots of room for collaboration

Cons

none that I can think of.

2. 4.0

Great place to work

May 17, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice faculty and staff, good students, overall great place to work

Cons

Part-time pay is about half (hourly) the rate of full-time pay

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Under appreciated

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty good perks and benefits. Fun holiday party

Cons

Requests your feedback and opinions but really doesn't listen or act upon them for career advancement.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Managed like a disorganized, cliquey Big-4.

Mar 6, 2022 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hires smart people at company (and then they leave).

Cons

Women with ideas not welcome. Partners do not want to hear from subordinates, prefer to do things the same way over and over. Culture good for just a few, not the majority, I find many employees cruel. Very high turnover.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent culture, better work-life balance than big 4

Nov 3, 2021 - Associate Director in Woodland Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good learning opportunities - high performers can get promoted / recognized quickly - work with smart, nice people - diversity of experiences. Can work on different types of engagements and collaborate across service lines - little to no travel - work from home - reasonable benefits - paid overtime below Managing Director level - decent diversity (significantly improved over past year); refer to website for photos and resumes of leadership

Cons

- less opportunity to oversee large teams (smaller firm) - less structured and limited methodology documentation, which provides opportunity to build a practice and develop, but can be frustrating - leadership talks a lot about “putting people first”, but may still choose lucrative/recurring fee clients vs employee well-being and development - salaries are just ok. Can get more elsewhere - sick days are not distinct from overall PTO

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Oct 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people to work with Challenging client problems to solve Everybody is very friendly and nice. They try pick clients that mimic their culture Great benefits (summer Fridays, 401(k) match and overtime bonus) Great work life balance (40-55hrs a week)

Cons

No continuity on clients so can be difficult to retain consistent staff on a job Poor communication between teams.

7. 4.0

Solid company

Oct 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, loved working on the team and leadership really supports you.

Cons

I have nothing to add here

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Jun 21, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big 4 caliber coworkers without the negative culture

Cons

Growing pains and going through transitions

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Pleasant

Feb 25, 2021 - Operations Associate in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Operations team is organized by staying constantly connected.

Cons

Allocating tasks is made complicated sometimes.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Onboarding Process and Firm in General

Feb 1, 2021 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was nervous to jump ship from previous job and start a new job during Covid. Everything being remote and no personal interaction. I thought maybe I would get lost and they would forget and it would become uncomfortable. CNM seemed different even from the interview process. I was not actively looking. The culture seemed different. I took the leap of faith and I could not be happier with my decision. Some things to note: - Multiple partners reached out and scheduled 30 minute calls to discuss how I am feeling and their story at CNM (small things that matter) - Weekly 30 minute calls with their culture and engagement manager to see how I am doing, answer any questions I may have, and let me know of anything that I have to do to date. Other firms do not do this. - Each person within my office set up Zoom calls to meet me and make me feel welcome. - CEO has town halls and is completely transparent. Big firms are never this transparent. It is a breath of fresh air. - The firm is so swamped with work and low on resources that the Management team and partners are not taking in additional work to stretch their employees thin. This is insane! Firms never leave money on the table and do not care about their employees this much. (I love billing over 40 anyway. They pay Overtime!!) - No micro managing thus far. I have built trust with my managers quickly and they trust their employees. There are tons more to post but these are just a few of the things that have made my first 90 days great.

Cons

None to mention so far.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews
</>Embed

CNM Reviews FAQs

CNM has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at CNM to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CNM employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CNM. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

87% of CNM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CNM 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CNM to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with CNM Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CNM? Share Your Experiences

CNM Careers

Cover image for CNM

Founded in 2003, CNM is recognized as one of the premier technical advisory firms in Southern California with Big 4 experience that...More

• Our Values
  • Careers
  • Employee Benefits

Company Updates

Logo

498 days ago

Careers
CNM is hiring! Due to exceptional organic growth and regular quarterly promotions (even during COVID), CNM is adding positions and hiring right now in all offices. Opportunities Available: Contractor - ideal for technical accounting professionals requiring even more flexibility but still want to be part of a high performing team and Full time opportunities - regular positions for those looking to restore work life balance, to enjoy quality of life while staying technically proficient and working on the most exciting projects and clients in the marketplace Service Lines/Service Offerings: Technical Accounting - IPO readiness, ASC 606, ASC 842, SEC Reporting, SPACs SOX Process Automation/Data Analytics/RPA Cyber IT Internal Audit IT SOX Financial Services: Technical Accounting/Internal Audit/SOX Internal Audit New jobs are added weekly, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at ta@cnmllp.com for more information or to discuss how a career at CNM will benefit you while allowing you flexibility.
Shared image - CNM LLP jobs