CNM Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 25, 2019

4.6
Nathan Matthews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Culture, Beautiful Environment"

I have been working at CNM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen
    Benefits on 1st day (insurance, cell phone reimbursement, technology allowance, wellness/health allowance, etc)
    Large number of opportunities
    Work/life balance
    Transparent communication
    Strong company culture
    Flexible vacation time

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Best Company and Job I've Had Thus Far"

I have been working at CNM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership who truly lead by example. Perks that include competitive the expected health, PTO and medical benefits but also bonus perks like a technology allowance, cell phone reimbursement and a health and wellness subsidy that pays for my gym. Large number of opportunities continue to flood the firm, which allows for growth for both internal and client facing employees.

Cons

Growing at a fast rate, so with that comes some growing pains. The firm is experiencing having a "good problem" of not being able to staff quick enough for the high demand from existing and prospective clients. However, the firm harps on open and honest communication and very much take transparency in the firm seriously.

Advice to Management

Please keep practicing the open and honest communication that you preach. It works and we appreciate all that you do.

3. "Rare opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at CNM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In life, you find yourself at a crossroads where you have to choose between two options. If you're lucky, you don't have to choose because you can have both. That's what you get at CNM. You get the challenging projects and top notch experience that you'd get from a Big 4. At the same time, you get a genuinely caring company that earnestly seeks to develop you. I'm totally surprised and thankful that they're actually better than they speak of themselves. On top of that, the camaraderie and diversity of the professional team here is second to none.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. I mean, even the kitchen is stocked with premium snacks, foods, and drinks.

Advice to Management

I know we're growing pretty fast and opening up new offices, but please don't ever lose the DNA that got us this far.

"Great for Ex Big 4"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CNM full-time

Pros

Extreme focus on work life balance, inspirational people, challenging and fascinating projects.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing - this is a very strong company with great people, the culture is exceptional.

5. "Great technical accounting consulting company"

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CNM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work/life balance,

- Clients are appreciative of the work performed,

- Partners make sure the employees are treated fairly

Cons

- PTO is lower than expected for a consulting company. A number of the competitors offer better paid time off (comprised of vacation and sick time) but CNM lags behind.

- Also health insurance for more than one individual is a bit on the expensive side.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Adjust benefits

6. "IT Audit Senior (contractor)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CNM (More than a year)

Pros

Focus on client relationships; nice group of people!

Cons

I had to provide my own laptop and pay $100 out of pocket to encrypt! I saw managers and directors doing staff and senior work because there was not enough resources!

Advice to Management

Step up on managing your resources so that you employees can keep getting challenged at their level instead of constantly performing at a lower level. Continue hiring employees who are laid back and just nice people! It makes a huge difference in promoting a positive work environment that new employees want to join and clients can also recognize and appreciate that.

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at CNM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady work is always available

Cons

No flexible with family life

8. "Project Manager"

I worked at CNM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, good benefits, learn a lot

Cons

The juggling of too many projects, medical benefits are not that great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Truly, a great place to work!"

I have been working at CNM full-time

Pros

- Flexible working arrangements depending on the project
    - Phenomenal leadership
    - Good pay and other benefits
    - Great culture and environment
    - Transparent and honest communication from management
    - The firm is continuing to grow, which offers good opportunities to grow with the firm

Cons

- Depending on the project and where you live, the commute can be a challenge. However, clients are scattered throughout the LA area, Orange Country, and other parts of Southern California which allows for a variety of projects to work on and locations to work. This con does little to tarnish the overwhelming pros.

Advice to Management

- Please, keep up the good work and maintaining the awesome culture and values of the firm.
    - The new periodic review process has a lot of good potential and I am looking forward to the program being optimized.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at CNM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Great management who actually care about work/life balance, and just doing the right thing in general. 2) Growth phase firm with plenty of opportunity for ambitious people. 3) Great clients. In general, the people have no ego, pay is competitive, and the culture is thus really positive. With the monthly huddles and quarterly happy hours, the firm consistently retains a strong level of camaraderie amongst employees and has a family feel. Management is determined about growth but doing so in a sustainable way that doesn't burn people out. Experiences may differ from person to person, but people I know are all about as happy as accounting professionals can get, with myself certainly being no exception.

Cons

It is a growing firm, so it doesn't necessarily have the resources of a big 4. You won't have a discount tickets to Disneyland and you won't have discount codes to big hotel chains. But you'll have a bunch of other perks that more than make up for it. And as a Consultant, the firm arms you well to go out and do your job effectively.

Advice to Management

CNM's core strength is its culture and its investment in people. Never forget that and keep that principle always in practice!