CO-OP Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2019

3.5
CO-OP Financial Services CEO Todd Clark
Todd Clark
Pros
  • "In addition, CO-OP offers a great benefits package and competitive pay(in 8 reviews)

• "A true shared vision of aiding in the digital transformation of the credit union movement(in 7 reviews)

1. "Work Environment"

Former Employee - Busineess Analyst

I worked at CO-OP Financial Services full-time

Pros

Very Flexible and Friendly Work Environment

Cons

I don’t see any Cons

CO-OP Financial Services2019-09-19
  2. "Mixed emotions"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Duluth, GA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and compensation are good

Cons

Lack of process, Low moral, very difficult to get work done

Advice to Management

Simplify process, take on fewer projects, crawl before you can walk.

CO-OP Financial Services2019-10-07

October 16, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We do believe that we provide good benefits and compensation packages, and that is an area that our team continues to monitor for improvement. It is disheartening to hear about the low morale that you are experiencing in the workplace. Improving company culture is an initiative that we are currently putting a lot of focus on.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - CRC Representative III in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time

Pros

I enjoy my job just not the company. I have some good quality coworkers who make the job more enjoyable.

Cons

No support from management only constant criticism and changing expectations. They continuously hire unqualified personnel for leadership roles. Too much reorganization to the company. Staff are not held accountable, leading to a vicious cycle. The pay is what draws people but the workload and unrealistic expectations are what drives them away. Don't come here and expect to get rich. Don't look for advancement... because they make it almost impossible. There are lots of shady things going on here where people are held to a double standard or allowed to slack off or treat others like dirt. There is a complete lack of support for the call center as far as technical support, training and procedures. Our systems almost never work properly and they simply don't have the manpower to keep things under control, yet they keep adding more & more clients to our workload instead of addressing what needs to be fixed first. There is a very high turnover rate and they seem to hire just about anyone to fill seats. New hires do not have the support they need and work under extremely stressful conditions. They expect you to work lots of overtime and hardly ever approve your requests for time off.

Advice to Management

Keep your staff accountable. Do not promote unqualified staff and do not let them write the manual. Put your clients first. Have the same level of empathy and care for your employees as you expect us to provide to your clients. Seeing a hard working manager motivates us so when we see management slacking, giving excuses or having a bad attitude it really discourages us. We need those that carry titles to know how... to interact with others and show kindness, compassion and respect. There is a lot of turf warfare among management, making this a rather hostile work environment. People don't seem to understand one another's job descriptions very well. Cronyism is a problem here where only the friends and associates of managers get hired to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications.

CO-OP Financial Services2019-09-30

October 8, 2019Human Resources

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and make some suggestions. Aligning with our company value of open and honest communication, we want our employees to feel empowered to speak up. I am sorry you were disappointed with the performance and culture of management in your office. I think you bring up many concerning issues and we will be addressing this with our team.

5. "Two year employee"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great 401k plan, benefit are nice. Have made many good friends working here. Have had many opportunities to move up within the contact center department.

Cons

Occurrences take an entire 6 months to fall off of your record.

CO-OP Financial Services2019-08-15
  6. "Great Benefits and flexible work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Clive, IA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great health insurance, growing and people focused, building a great culture. The people are great and dedicated to be better.

Cons

Need improvements in paid time off but they are working on enhancements. Their flexibility helps offsets this.

CO-OP Financial Services2019-07-30

August 8, 2019Human Resources

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We have been focusing on building a strong culture, so it is exciting to hear that you are seeing that. As you alluded to, we have recently hired a new Director of Total Rewards and our benefits team is working to re-evaluate our current offerings. We are happy to hear that you are getting the flexibility you need.

7. "Great team"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is great place to work.

Cons

Take care entry level employees

CO-OP Financial Services2019-07-12

July 17, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to hear that you find CO-OP to be a great place to work! We believe in valuing others in every interaction. If you have specific concerns about the value we place on our entry level employees, please share this with your manager or an HR team member.

"Good Part Time Gig"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have decent pay and the supervisors are great.

Cons

Higher ups were disconnected, constantly implementing new rules about shifts and getting covered. Made it tough for part timers.

Advice to Management

Consider CRC reps

CO-OP Financial Services2019-07-15

July 24, 2019Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have great relationships with your supervisors, but it is disappointing that you feel a disconnect with upper management. We strive for straightforward and transparent communication at all times, and more importantly at all levels.

9. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been with CO-OP for a few months now, and I can definitely say it’s a breath of fresh air. The team is encouraging and welcoming. CO-OP is also incredibly transparent for an organization of its size, and my boss is very forward with expectations. The 401k match is great too. I’m looking forward to many years with the team!

Cons

Time off should be evaluated. It seems minimal and incredibly inflexible (you can only take full days). Also, the IT service desk for employees is unresponsive, which can get super frustrating when you need items.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to seeing the new Executive Team propel CO-OP to new heights over the next few years!

CO-OP Financial Services2019-06-27
  10. "CO-OP is an awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Configuration Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance and positive culture

Cons

nothing to report at this time

Advice to Management

Continue making smart choices

CO-OP Financial Services2019-06-12
  11. "customer representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment in this company is always positive and professional.

Cons

Working weekends can be a problem.

CO-OP Financial Services2019-06-04