CO-OP Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

CO-OP Financial Services CEO Todd Clark
Todd Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Benefits! Healthy company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at CO-OP Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were great. Everyone was eligible for bonuses twice a year. Fun employee activities. I was treated great. I wish I had never left.

Cons

High pressure environment. Very fast paced. Could get overwhelming at times but my manager was very supportive and supported work/life balance.

2. "Uncomfortable Southfield"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, easy job, most people are respectful

Cons

Non-existent leadership, inappropriate behavior, low pay for industry

Advice to Management

Someone needs to come out to Southfield and watch behaviors of leadership

3. "Ok place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at CO-OP Financial Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is great but when you get on the floor the other team leaders are rude don't want to help. Great place for students to study

Cons

Workforce don't care about employees not very family,Christian place! Not very organized! Work place make sure you don't get your bonus if you ask work for us to take off they deny it and if you decide to take it off anyway see you get deducted $10 out of your bonus also people quit and they just rehire so they really don't care if your unhappy!

Advice to Management

Get rid of workforce hire people that would care and not give special treatment to friends! Make it family oriented.

4. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Irving, TX

I worked at CO-OP Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, great benefits

Cons

would like to have received a higher pay rate

Advice to Management

enjoyed the experience, more interaction with management on a one on one level

5. "Great Benefits, Great People, Not Enough Compensation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are great, learn a lot. Benefits are really good, cheap and affordable to take care of yourself and or family.

Cons

The amount of efforts put into driving employees is not worth the pay or at least should be paid more. Very little training, trial by fire.
    Unless you are a "Yes" person or get involved in politics. Chances of moving up are slim.

Advice to Management

Take care of those that take care of you. Those that truly put in the time, recognize those workers. Not those that kiss butt. Take the advise from those you manage as positive criticism w/o personal attack. In the end, everyone is trying to accomplish the same goal in customer satisfaction and continue the growth of the departments and company.

6. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, great management coaching

Cons

work on weekends, turnover, trainers not as good as previous.

"Awesome Culture, Awesome Benefits, Great Location"

Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here at CO-OP, very much a family feel. Because it answers to its Credit Unions and is a private company, there is no answering to Wall St. every quarter. Employees are very helpful, want the best for their customers and always seem to want to help out to make it a better place to work. Very laid back atmosphere, casual dress everyday and lots of laughter in the department I work in. The benefits here are the best I have had and I have been in the workforce for 20+ years. CO-OP pays over 90% of medical, dental and vision benefit costs. 401K match is awesome. They match you dollar for dollar up to 6%. If you contribute 6% they will match your with 7%, 13% return can't be beat. I live in the Inland Empire and to have an awesome company so close to home, can't be beat.

Cons

So far, I have only had positive experiences here with CO-OP. There are no real cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead the way in the Credit Union movement through great technology innovations and services. Listen to your employees, they have great ideas and can make a difference. Keep the great benefits and perks you currently offer and expand upon them.

"Solid company to work for"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Whittier, CA

I worked at CO-OP Financial Services (More than a year)

Pros

CO-OP was a place that made going to work fun. They really care about their employees and provide a very generous benefits package. I regret leaving there as it was one of the best places I have ever worked.

Cons

High pressure environment and highly technical.

9. "Member services at Ft. Worth Location"

Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Member Services Agent in Euless, TX

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services (Less than a year)

Pros

-Nice building/environment

-Good pizza from the cafe on Wednesdays

Cons

Training skims over the top of what you'll actually be doing. You're basically just an answering machine that can check balances, anything past that and you'll have to send a "request" to have the Credit Union call the customer back on the following business day. It's not a job where you'll be using the tools provided to get something done, 90% of the time I'm explaining to the customer why I can't help them.

-0/9 of my Time off requests were approved (I have nearly 70 hours PTO)

-Back to back calls with no time in between, with each of your customers hold time being 10-30+ minutes. Customers still call hours after the Credit Union is closed.

-Most managers do not want to take escalated calls

-After being "promoted" or cross trained on multiple things I got basically no pay raise but my work load had been increased.

-You get penalized for any unscheduled time away from the phone.

-You will NOT be able to answer the most basic questions. Like "Where was that transaction made?" or "What check # is that?" or "What is pending in my account?"

Advice to Management

Provide proper resources to actually assist members, none of what you're doing is "customer service"

"Generalist"

Current Employee - Generalist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Generalist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at CO-OP Financial Services (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very professional, great training. Management does not hesitate to help if you need help or if they know you need help.

Cons

Low salary, very strict, you have no life due to hours, they will let you be off when the company does not need you not when you need to be off.

Advice to Management

find a rotating schedule so employees can have a whole weekend off once in a blue moon.