CONSOL Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
CONSOL Energy President and CEO Nicholas J. DeIuliis
Nicholas J. DeIuliis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company to work for good benefits (in 15 reviews)

• Excellent pay and benefits, good morale and company culture, very little micromanaging (in 8 reviews)

1. "maintenance leader"

Current Employee - Maintenance Foreman in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Foreman in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CONSOL Energy part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

to extend my professional skill sets to a company which can benefit

Cons

off shift call outs to troubleshoot a problem.

Advice to Management

I was a qualified instructor in the following skills, 3 phase high voltage, High pressure hydraulics, mechanical rebuild skills, taught lock an tag procedures.
    held safety classes each work week.

2. "Maintenance Foreman"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CONSOL Energy full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Working in a coal mine

Advice to Management

Keep growing

3. "Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at CONSOL Energy as an intern

Pros

Great team to work with, held valuable responsibilities, was able to visit the field, and project that was worked on held commercial value.

Cons

There were no apparent cons of the experience.

Advice to Management

Could increase the intern hourly wage to rival leading operators in the area.

4. "Exciting Times Ahead!"

I have been working at CONSOL Energy full-time

Pros

CONSOL Energy is undergoing a massive transformation and if you love to build and create - this is the place to work.
    Pros: Salary, monthly bonus opportunity, vacation time, benefits, work environment is fun and enthusiastic

Cons

The only con is if you don't like change, there's a lot of it around!

Advice to Management

Keep up the enthusiasm!

5. "Promising Future"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at CONSOL Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Autonomy in your role to succeed
    - Executive leadership that understands and supports the need for modernization including but not limited to the use of information and analytics for decision making
    - Great compensation and benefits

Cons

- Some of the office productivity technologies in place are behind other E&Ps.
    - If you are not comfortable with change, this is a company in transition, but it represents the opportunity to truly contribute to its future and have a direct impact.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay on message and ensure that every employee regardless of rank has a clear understanding of the company vision and strategy but also how they impact both in their role.

6. "IT Technical Support Intern"

Former Intern - IT Technical Support in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Intern - IT Technical Support in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at CONSOL Energy as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

GENERAL
    Consol Energy really and truly cares about its workers. I have had many internships at other companies and this is by far the most understanding when it comes to school- dress code- sick days- and days where your car breaks down. The building is beautiful and the environment is very friendly. Everyone gets along!

MANAGEMENT
    Not only that but the freaking Vice President will come down to talk to the INTERNS as much as he can. This is not a place where you are ignored by upper management even as an intern . The bosses I have had are simply amazing. I have had the pleasure with working with a boss who is super fun and an all around nice and understanding man. My new boss in the company is just the same. They really know how to keep their employees happy.

OPPROTUNITIES
     I was an intern, but since that time I have graduated and they have moved me up. I am now working full time under a new boss (still a great and laid back guy, still a friendly environment) and I am making more than most of the people that I have graduated with since accepting the position. Not only is it a fun environment but the VP came down to my intern cube and helped me PICK the job I wanted. In my opinion this place treats employees, at least interns, like royalty.

WORK LIFE
    They pay more than some other internships , and every day they are getting more diverse. They really gave me time for school work so I can stay above my head during college. And when I felt overworked, I would just tell my boss and he would do everything in his power to help me out and give me time off. They also really care about your education and well being. I was offered another internship position and they said I can work at the new place for the summer and I could still come back to them after if I wanted. I know some interns have gone with other companies and Consol takes it very well and is still friendly when people leave.

Overall Consol has really helped me out in my career, finances, and social/life well being. I love it here and can not wait to get moving in my new full time position with them

also the benefits are pretty great!

Cons

I started working around the time Consol was having money issues. Since then many people have left and we have sold the Consol Energy Center naming rights to PPG. The money problems were scary but management has been taking HUGE strides to set Consol back on track and it has been working so far.

This is located in southpointe, PA so it may be hard to get students with no cars or time to drive there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the FANTASTIC work! You guys have made a huge difference this quarter! It definitely shows that you care about hard work, and the well being of your employees.

7. "Application Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at CONSOL Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost the work environment is great. Everyone is super friendly and willing to teach you new things or assist you.

Cons

So far my experience has been pleasing. The environment is relaxing yet still stimuliating.

8. "Good Company, going through transition to be a better company"

Pros

Great family atmosphere, co-workers are great, upper management is easy to talk with and everyone is always working toward the same goal.

Cons

The company is letting go of the old image and transition to a more sustainable company, allot of the older employees are not taking this transition well and want the company to go back to the good times of the early 90s.

Advice to Management

Set a direction and work toward it. Don't keep trying different items for a month or so and revert back to the old ways before the new directions have had a chance to be fully engaged.

9. "Deckhand - River Operations Division (non-union)"

Former Employee - Deckhand in Monessen, PA
    Former Employee - Deckhand in Monessen, PA

I worked at CONSOL Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First, actually last worked here in 2011, Glassdoor wouldn't let me go past '13 for some reason. Some of this may have changed since then.

Pay was great for an entry-level position, flexible (at least at the time) with time off without pay in emergencies, training provided, opportunities for overtime were plentiful at the time. Motivated individuals could strike for pilot after 2 years and be making near 6 figures 2-3 years after that.

Cons

2 week hitches weren't a con for me at the time, but those with family or general troubles at home might find it difficult. The sleep schedule is too much for some people, 6 hours on, 6 hours off for 2 weeks at a time.

10. "industrial engineer"

Former Employee - Industrial Engineer in Poland, OH
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineer in Poland, OH

I worked at CONSOL Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

hours and wages were more then reasonable

Cons

shifts were not consistent

Advice to Management

they do a great job keep up the good work