COPE Health Solutions Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2020

3.5
COPE Health Solutions CEO Allen Miller (no image)
Allen Miller
Pros
  • "All my team members are great with very strong work ethics(in 17 reviews)

• "Our unlimited PTO policy is a huge benefit and I have enjoyed some wonderful vacations since joining(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's a lot of work with very little work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Long hours from time to time but that’s how the entire consulting world goes(in 9 reviews)

1. "COPE"

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience and time to bond with patients

Cons

Unpaid internship and too many rules

2. "Organized and professional."

Current Employee - Cope Health Scholar in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Application, interview, and training process is smooth. Great learning experience for students interested in working in the medical field.

Cons

Very independent job. You choose how much you want to learn. Nobody will actively tell you what to do, to enhance your learning experience.

Continue reading

"Supportive Company Culture and Excellent for Early Career Growth"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Hires individuals who will fit in with the culture which creates a comfortable space to make your coworkers your friends and have strong teams 2. Environment and leadership make it easy to ask questions without feeling silly given work can often be very niche 3. VP and above are accessible for conversation / access to industry leaders 4. Flexible scheduling and supportive work life balance 5. Unlimited PTO and decent benefits 6. Smaller company (< 100 employees) which isn't for everyone, but was a pro for me as I considered job offers. I wanted to work somewhere I felt I recognized faces and wasn't just a cog in a machine. 7. Exec team really does listen to employee feedback and makes noticeable changes to improve employee experience 8. Ability to dabble and work across client work, BD, internal initiatives, etc.

Cons

1. Like any consulting firm, work fluctuates. Given high levels of expertise and client interest in VP and above, work does not trickle down at times. Work week can change from 55 hours one week to less than 40 the next. Can be the name of the game in the consulting space. 2. Given small firm, projects are staffed on a needs and availability basis which does not always ensure junior employees are working in areas they enjoy or have expertise in. 3. No standard training set of skills more learn as you go or on the job, which could also be listed as a pro (depending on the task) 4. Not a con for everyone - work content fluctuates out of realm at times, perhaps tangential to company's expertise. The firm's edge is that it has expertise within population health, but some engagements can be off brand. 5. Accountability is not always clear 6. No standard team approach. Some consulting firms have set teams for long term and teams work together on one client engagement after the next. Teams are more fluid here and people help where they can. While the collaborative environment is great, the lack of consistency and shifting of employees seems to be a continual problem across the company. 7. In recent years, they've experienced high turnover

4. "Scam"

Current Employee - Volunteer

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally nothing about this program was good. Maybe the free food they give you for training ( probably where everyone’s money went to).

Cons

It’s a waste so much money! They really do scam you with experience as it is the same as volunteering only difference is you pay to do a program. It’s only been a couple months into doing this but I had so many encounters with the program and how it’s ran so poorly. It’s so draining and stressful to do this program physically and mentally !

Continue reading
  5. "Excellent Mission and Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company mission, culture, and leadership. The work is engaging and challenging and there's a lot of opportunity.

Cons

The work can be a bit daunting at times but the unlimited PTO gives you a chance to recoup.

"Wonderful team!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was attracted to COPE Health Solutions by its values and equally impressed by the COPE Health Scholars (workforce development) programs. All my team members are great with very strong work ethics. Everyone works hard toward a common goal. There are tremendous learning opportunities with new processes and systems as well internal career growth paths. Management team is very encouraging of work-life balance to ensure all team members are taking alternate week day off when weekend work is needed.

Cons

COPE Health Solutions is a fast-paced environment so the work is endless and you have to learn how to prioritize wisely.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing team, great medical and personal benefits. Lots of opportunity to grow within the firm and personally/professionally. They are great about promoting work life balance. Seeing the impact your career has on others is the best part. Rewarding job, supportive team.

Cons

Compensation. Working on weekends are common but they are great about giving you time off to make up for it.

"Nightmare."

Former Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at COPE Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart coworkers who work hard and truly care abut their work. A lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

I do not know where to begin. A lot of their "leadership" consists of under qualified people who managed not quit because they figured out office politics. It's atrocious how under qualified a lot of them are. The worst I've ever been spoken to by other humans took place at this company. When I think about it I'm still shocked.

"Consultant"

I have been working at COPE Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team members - great learning opportunities - multiple work stream and internal growth opportunities/ initiative opportunities - Some of the executive team I have worked with are really good and knowledgeable - Benefit package is on point. Like seriously, it’s really amazing. - the truth is, the kind of work you will get to do at COPE will help propel you in your career, especially if you are just starting out. COPE has a very solid client list and are continually growing their client base. - honestly, COPE is genuinely an amazing company to work for.

Cons

- As you get promoted be ready to work like crazy. - pressure can be very high - Program managers ( these aren’t consultants, they work with the health scholars program) seem to be very very unhappy. Like, they are realllllly unhappy. - if you don’t have a good manager, then you will be wasting your time and might not be very productive. So you better go look for work to do on your own. - bonus package is somewhat a joke in recent years.

Continue reading

"Toxic work environment, arbitrary promotions and layoffs"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at COPE Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Bagel Fridays, team happy hours

Cons

COPE Health Solutions is one of the most dysfunctional consulting firms that my colleagues and I have come across. There is no training program, no staffing model, and no formal review process. Promotions are arbitrary -- or rather, they are granted to those who are able to adeptly navigate the office politics. One might notice that a number of young individuals have managed to climb up the ranks by quickly progressing in the firm, yet this renders a future exit strategy challenging -- external firms may have a difficult time taking twenty-something AVPs/VPs very seriously. A constant fire/hire culture perpetuates a toxic work environment, in which employees are constantly worrying, "Am I next?" Some are let go under the pretext that they were under-performing, although it's difficult to assess the accuracy of these claims, as there are no performance metrics against which to benchmark. For others, there's not even the pretense of a reason, and are simply asked to leave immediately. That week, employees will receive a weekly newsletter with a small blurb that thanks the individuals for their contribution -- the emails can give off a strong sense of insincerity, especially given the ambiguity in reason for departure. Much of the consulting work is dedicated to either (1) creating dashboards from data or (2) helping hospitals get money that the government guarantees them. Because the firm is so focused on squeezing money from contracts, employees may have poor work-life balance, although this is not unusual for a boutique consulting firm. But it is unusual to work at a firm that cuts left and right in order to show a positive profit margin to its board members. You may notice that the Glassdoor reviews are average -- this is largely because current management requires (or strongly encourages) that employees complete positive surveys to attract potential talent. Please be mindful when applying to the firm.

Found 90 reviews