CORE Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

CORE Communications Reviews

Updated Dec 21, 2017

3.3
CORE Communications CEO Ryan Caugherty (no image)
Ryan Caugherty

"Great company"

Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at CORE Communications

Pros

Great people work there all around from top to bottom

Cons

None, you really learn a lot and the people there all want to help each other grow.

CORE Communications2016-05-04
  2. "All Digital Technician"

Former Employee - All Digital Technician in Tucson, AZ

I worked at CORE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay during the big projects. Kinda flexible hours. Worked with some good people.

Cons

The company was very disorganized. Poor training. Use of own vehicle. Shady practices. Too much wage theft by "owner". Unfair policies. Small jobs with long distance travel. Overall poor management.

Advice to Management

You need to check up on the Phoenix location. Some major tax evasion is happening with the people who run that location.

CORE Communications2017-12-21
  3. "Personable Company, Low Pay"

I worked at CORE Communications full-time

Pros

You get to meet and learn at an accelerated pace from experienced personnel in marketing and sales. You also learn how to manage time effectively and work well with others in a team based atmosphere. These skills can be applied for jobs specifically revolving around sales.

Cons

This companies pay depends 100% on how well, or how bad you are at selling. One day you can come home with a fair amount of money, another day you can come home with absolutely no money. They do not pay for your gas and you have to use your vehicle so keep up with all of your expenditures for taxes if you plan on keeping this job. There are team building activities like volleyball that sound fun but there are... times when you have better things to do with your time off. The people you start with will be gone after they receive a $200 pay check for one week of work (65+ hours) so don't get too familiar with them.

Advice to Management

I would recommend changing the pay structure but it would go against the principles they are teaching.

CORE Communications2016-12-07
  4. "Not for everyone"

Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CORE Communications for less than a year

Pros

-very personable team members -support staff is on top of details -motivating leadership

Cons

-12+ hour days -required extra curricular "team building" meetings after long days -have to drive your personal vehicle without compensation for gas -commission only

Advice to Management

cut down on the extra meetings outside of work

CORE Communications2016-10-27

"a review of Core Communications"

Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CORE Communications

Pros

First off a lot of reviews about Core are false. This is a door to door sales position. Your job is walk into businesses and sell office supplies for Quill. While that may sound challenging, it really isn't that bad. The great thing is you will receive training and support as well as amazing coaching on your attitude and mentality. This is a great place to develop yourself and change for the better. Ryan is a great... dude who really wants to see his guys achieve their goals. This isn't a traditional job. There is no hourly wage/salary, you are paid in CBR's. With that being said it is possible to make 100k/yr. It is also possible to make less than minimum wage (or possibly no money at all, although most who do don't stay), and as they continue to change the pay structure it will become possible to make even more money. I have found that the average reps (including me) make about $500 a week (25k-30k a year). The other benefit is that this is a very high performing office and standards are high. Therefore you will rise to the standard or fall. (good or bad depending on your perspective)

Cons

With that being said, there are a lot of things to juggle with this campaign. You not only have to bring in accounts you also have to manage and retain your customers. Put plainly, you sell a business some S*&% and you have to get them to keep buying from you. If you can build a genuine relationship with people and you easily connect with people you'll do spectacular. If you can't.... good luck. You will also be... required to work a lot of hours, although that has never been something that bothers me so I didn't find it a big deal, but you will put in 60 hrs a week minimum.

Advice to Management

idk, tell quill to make prices more competitive if they want more market share

CORE Communications2016-05-02

"Best place to Learn & Grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at CORE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Core has helped me grow as an individual and as a professional. the coaching and development that I get here not only helps my personal relationships it is allowing me to accomplish my goals a lot faster than I had ever imagined.

Cons

You get from Core what you put in to it. For some that is too much to ask. but for those that have big expectations for their futures you will experience the perfect environment to help you get there!

CORE Communications2016-04-10

"Management trainee"

I have been working at CORE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere and culture is incredible, truly unlike anything I've ever had before. Everyone here was very welcoming and helpful. CORE has helped me not only with professional goals but personal goals. With the training they provided I developed key skills that I can take with me anywhere. This was perfect coming right out of college because it taught me so much and helped me get my feet wet in the business... industry.

Cons

This is not for lazy people. It is a lot of hard work but the end goal is worth it.

CORE Communications2016-04-12

"Don't believe the hype"

Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at CORE Communications

Pros

Any of the reviews you read that are positive are most likely generated by one of the owners or group managers. The turn over there is about 90% and you will lose a lot of money driving all over town with no base or gas pay.

Cons

Don't waste your time. I don't want to see any one lose a good opportunity with anther company by picking this one.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about the opportunities

CORE Communications2016-04-11

"Amazing opportunity, people & training"

I have been working at CORE Communications full-time

Pros

This is a company that stands out from the rest. This is not just a paycheck to paycheck kind of job. It's a career opportunity that offers a positive learning environment full of young professionals who are eager to excel. Core Communications will teach you both personal and work life skills that you can take on to any path you may take in your career.

Cons

Long hours, but totally worth it.

CORE Communications2016-02-23

"Fine for a "kid" with no dependents"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CORE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn to appreciate hard work and money. Great entry level experience. Excellent way to learn communication skills and face to face selling. Great environment with regards to colleagues.

Cons

28% commissions on each sale PERIOD. Remind you that the entire day may be as little as one order for a box of paper for $27. Nothing more, sometimes less. Team retention quotas cause issues with certain people hitting quota and anyone who doesn't causing loss of $ for entire team. Extended work hours beyond your "assumed" 9-5 with ZERO benefits. No expense options. On business trips always expect to pay your own... gas. Business trips are exciting, if you're in college. Expect 2 to a bed and up to 4 to a room.

Advice to Management

You've been around for 5 years now. You must doing something right. No need for advice from a peon.

CORE Communications2016-01-25