CORE Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing co-workers"

I worked at CORE full-time

Pros

Everyone at the Core is extremely friendly. There tends to be some micromanagement, but once you prove that you can handle your tasks, you have more responsibility and freedom. I loved the Core and miss it so much!

Cons

A lot of sitting at a desk. No A/C in the warehouse.

Advice to Management

Great company. Congrats on all your success.

2. "Great Work/Life Balance"

I have been working at CORE full-time

Pros

Positive Work environment
    Room for Growth

Cons

I believe there are no cons

3. "Pretty fast, pretty good."

Current Employee - Developer in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at CORE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Direct contact with all your superiors.
    What you do on a daily basis matters.
    Flexible hours.
    Everybody who works there genuinely wants to be there.

Cons

High visibility on everything you do.
    Very fast-paced, to the point of being too short notice for some projects.
    Some days have a lot going on, some days are very empty.

Advice to Management

Sit down and talk to employees outside of only when mistakes are made. There's a little bit too much focus by some of the higher management that nothing outside of absolute perfection is even tolerable.

"Creative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at CORE (Less than a year)

Pros

The checks cleared. It was air conditioned. There was a washroom. I got to sit in my own dirty office, and I got to wear shorts.

Cons

Was hired as full time through a creative staffing agency (which is selective about the candidates it presents to it's clients BTW) after about 5 days. Which is unusual and costly. Was told I'd be working on direct mail pieces and revamping the companies identity, and an assortment of creative projects. 90% of the time sat in my office surfing the web. because I was told it was "quiet" at the moment and was told that things would pick up. The 10% of the time that I actually did work i ended up making minimal copy edits on few direct mail pieces. There wasn't any work for me, so I started to wonder exactly why they brought on another employee, let alone paying $$$ to do so. I sat in my office doing nothing. Couldn't figure out exactly what was going on with the place, because nothing seemed make sense. The work the other creative did was minimal also. Needless to say, the position didn't last. An amazing waste of time and effort. I recommend to avoid this place at all costs. Don't compromise your talent or integrity, because you won't be working with any.

Advice to Management

Get some therapy.

"project manager"

Pros

residents are easy going property is nice on half and a neglected other half

Cons

lots of black widows, lots of mold throughout the property lots of neglected maint issues

Advice to Management

get a clue and start doing what you say will be done upper mgmt. literally lie to the staff to try and keep the status quo NO training or continuing education

"Creative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at CORE (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work on well known accounts in financial, insurance, and consumer goods industries. Each day is something different.

Cons

Disorganized from the top down. EVERYTHING is a fire drill! Money is lost in corrections to jobs on press or after printing, and in lost opportunities with potential clients.

Advice to Management

Let people do the job you hired them to do. Stop the daily micro managing and concentrate on new client acquisition. Leave it to your employees to service and keep clients once the have signed on. Better communication between management and employees with regards to deliverables and time frames.