COUNTRY Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
COUNTRY Financial CEO Kurt F. Bock
Kurt F. Bock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Positive environment, good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Good base salary in an industry that doesn't often provide one (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • You're building a book of business Country Financial owns (in 10 reviews)

• Your unable to focus on the Financial side if that's your strong suit as your required to chase P&C business to meet thresholds (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate culture is incredible! Generous salary, incredible benefits, flexible work schedule, and support not only in your professional goals, but in personal development as well. I encourage any friends living in the area to apply!

Cons

This is still a full work week with goals to meet and projects to complete, so if you're looking for a place to just "get by" this isn't the place for you. The teams here work together and have fun, but they get things done!

Advice to Management

Continue supporting and building the camaraderie between teammates. You are invaluable in every division of this company! Thank you for leading well.

2. "Marketing development is a great way to get your foot in the door at a great company."

Current Employee - Marketing Development in Marengo, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Development in Marengo, IL

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. Work from home. Great agents to work for. Face paced business. A lot of learning opportunities. Dedication to the process will increase monetary opportunities due to commission sales

Cons

System and marketing tools were a little outdated. Agents that hired me never used marketing tools before so there was a lot of time spent learning the program.

Advice to Management

Marketing could be a great way to increase business. Seems that recently they have done a good job targeting this area of business.

3. "Financial Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary for first five years to assist in getting your business built. Great benefits

Cons

They have a great training program up front, however, ongoing training and support is not sufficient for new agents just starting in the field.

4. "Be ready"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be lucrative and exciting to meet goals or personal levels.

Cons

We are limited to our company's offerings, which are not always competitive.

Advice to Management

Partner with other insurers before we miss the boat. I can go online and get 10 quotes in n an hour. Having to meet and go through the sales pitch with a representative is antiquated.

"So far so good, could b better"

Current Employee - Billing
    Current Employee - Billing

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work. Working at home is a plus. Hours are good. Friendly atmosphere. Corporate events held are good breathers from time to time to take a break from the day and enjoy a good talk or learn a class.

Cons

Strict dress code. Out dated technology. Does not adapt to change well. Seems like the "little guy" does not get heard enough. Management is always watching what you do. Shift bids are a thing of the past and should not be used. The watchful eye makes for a very stressful work environment. Moving up or even laterally seems almost impossible.

Advice to Management

Take some advice from the "little guy" from time to time. They really do know more then you think. Allow more opportunities for them.
    Adapt quicker to change. Can't live in the past forever because eventually you will be forgotten.

6. "Great work environment, decent training."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Eugene, OR

I worked at COUNTRY Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and friendly atmosphere both helpful and encouraging. Base pay is decent and training is both informative and somewhat enjoyable.

Cons

Hard to sell just by comparing products and prices due to usually being more expensive for same product, need an already decent network to succeed and find enough customers to do well.

7. "People was my business and helped me raise my family and I am very thankful for that!"

Pros

I really miss being with people I'm a very sociable person and I am very honest and work well with other people

Cons

I do not drive for I had a stroke 10 years ago but I do take the reliable pace bus!

Advice to Management

Being with people is my life! I worked with people almost all my career and have such a knack for it so my advice to you would be just because I'm handicapped does not mean I can't do the job! I would love a chance to sell insurance it would be a nice change for me

"Good company, poor IT management"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Bloomington, IL

I worked at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, financial stability. Solid brand. Mutual company. Hard working workforce.

Cons

Poor IT leadership. Middle management is terrible about innovation, with poor awareness of industry practices. Selfish with zero servant leadership mentality. Good old boys club, backing each other up. That has to go. Even the slow moving giant competitor has woken up and is shaking up IT management.

Advice to Management

Wake up and see what your lack of skills is doing to the workforce that deserves proper frameworks, guard rails and support.

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Bloomington, IL

I worked at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fellow employees; benefits - medical, dental, vision

Cons

Down sizing in several areas; management doesn't care about employees; replacement of American workers; Contact Center is a meat-grinder with micro-management - if you like being nothing more than a number then you'll love it.

Advice to Management

None...never listened when it was provided so no need to provide any now.

10. "Billing Services"

Former Employee - Billing Services Representative B in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Billing Services Representative B in Bloomington, IL

I worked at COUNTRY Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not a phone job. Great people. Highly value Six Sigma training. Bonus based on company profits. Flexible schedule with flex-time.

Cons

Low pay and little advancement. Very corporate atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your team.