COmputing TechnologieS Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Lead Clerk IV"

Former Employee - Lead Clerk in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Clerk in Sterling, VA

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company offered great benefits such as health, sick and leave.

Cons

No growth opportunities, micro management.

2. "CPR/QA"

Former Employee - CPR/QA in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - CPR/QA in Fairfax, VA

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pros, sorry it is the most unpleasant place to work at.

Cons

I just cannot find one pro for the company. At the time of employment there are a lot of promises but that is all there is. Workstation is unhealthy for any employee. Cots lost four Government contracts during the time I worked there and all of them were lost due to inadequate management. Employees sued and after two years we received huge checks due to our salaries not being paid as per contract from Department of Labor.

Advice to Management

Employees are Human Beings and deserve to be treated as such.

3. "So far, so good!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at COmputing TechnologieS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great, management is friendly, and software is supportable. While I'm admittedly new here in Kansas City, I strongly suspect that this is a place I will want to stick with (developing software for them) for many years to come. If I learn differently, I'll post about it when/if it happens. I was concerned when I read other reviews for COmputing TechnologieS, Inc, because some people (one person?) had very negative things to say. I must say that I haven't seen a single one of the problems that the other posts mentioned. Overall, it looks like a great place. I'm not posting this anonymously, because I want people to be able to see it is legit, as one poster claimed that only management left good reviews. :) I'm a software dev in the trenches, and I'm leaving a good review.

Cons

The only thing I've seen so far is that the code base I'm working with is in a framework that is a bit old (Struts 1.2). That just isn't that big of a deal for me though, so it's a very minor 'con'. Also, decisions that require "higher ups" to sign off are a bit slow, but that is normal for the industry we work in, so it was something I expected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Finding a way to automate and streamline the time recording system would be nice, but <shrug>, this is also not that big of a deal.

5. "IT/IA and Development"

Former Employee - N/A in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - N/A in Kansas City, MO

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros to working here

Cons

10 hour work days plus a Mandated extra hour for lunch, 11 hour days strictly enforced.
    Constant turnover from the lucky few that score new jobs. Toxic management. The prime is the reason

Advice to Management

I refuse to give any advice

6. "Working at cots has been an experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS full-time

Pros

Cots has a great outside environment.

Cons

It is very unprofessional but it starts from the management. This company is mainly Hispanic so you have to listen to Spanish all day between clerks and employees. This problem was approached to management but yet it still goes on. This is very rude. If you are not related or know someone you wont get special treatment. People have side business's within the company using our system. Everyone is connected that are managers and lead clerks. People can barely speak or read English but they are the highest paid and just have one assignment. HR and management are no help. Unable to move up and no moral. Management and HR are not helpful or welcoming.

Advice to Management

Please learn how to talk to your employees and stop the favortism. The problem is everyone is family and close friends. Please stop making it your priority to watch certain people when all need to be watched equally as a company. I felt uncomfortable and targeted and by speaking with other employees that are not of the Hispanic race they feel the same also. I'm certain it has been this way for a long time but I seen plenty of favortism towards Hispanics in that work place between management and lead clerks. You all know it but cover it. I'm unsure how this is allowed in 2013 in America.

7. "Family atmosphere with good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Pros

Great benefits in a family atmosphere. Strong commitment to employees. Good communication between management and staff. Good opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

Sometimes the family atmosphere goes too far. Incompetence is tolerated for way too long. Strong leader phase. Some offices not progressive in terms of women in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Tackle personnel issues head-on. Do more than set high expectations. Follow up and demand performance from all. Be more flexible with telework.

8. "COmputing TechnologieS Review"

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS full-time

Pros

Some really great people to work with on staff and management is responsive to employee concerns.

Cons

Company was going thru major organizational changes when I was there.

Advice to Management

Company technology focus is behind the curve and needs to be more cutting edge.

9. "Work environment"

Pros

Fun, easy going, and exciting.

Cons

Sometimes weird hours. Working with the government.

10. "My experience at COmputing Technologies, Inc. was an amazing educational and experience gaining endeavor."

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gives pople a chance to be the best them they can be.

Cons

Some of the Managers are not very qualified, and the workers tended to suffer.

Advice to Management

Replace some of the poorer managers.

11. "Not in KC"

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS full-time

Pros

The others that say this is a good company, are the Managers themselves, making themselves look good, and the owner of COTS falls for it!

Cons

Mgmt in KC do NOT care about you, they are sarcastic and demeaning, just for fun. They are a subcontractor to CSC, and they are worse and will not listen to you

Advice to Management

Fire your KC management and start over