CPA Global Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Simon Webster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Though the company policy is flexible hours but these managers are not allowing that to happen making work life balance difficult" (in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management think the organisation is the 'Game of Thrones' set" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Amazing Opportunity So Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at CPA Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. It feels like CPA Global is always about to make a gigantic leap forward in some way. I'm constantly seeing positive changes across the company, within the development of the software, the management of people, and the quality of my coworkers. It's really encouraging! After all, nothing good comes from resting on your laurels.

2. My work is more appreciated here than at any other organization I've worked for.

3. I love that some of our higher-level decision makers are smart, talented women! It’s absolutely amazing to me that I get to have regular contact and guidance from people like Melanie Fitzpatrick. Mel always takes the time to ensure that I am empowered and that there are no roadblocks in my way.

4. Flexibility. Like most, I have a lot of “stuff” going on outside of work. In my current position, I’m truly able to balance my work and my life. LOVE it!

Cons

Rapid growth has its challenges and frustrations and it takes time. You've got to be willing to adjust, grow, or change in order to best meet the company's needs as it matures.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on hiring well qualified and hard working people!

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CPA Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary and benefits. Good people.

Cons

Poor Management Direction and strategy.

Advice to Management

Develop a better business strategy and stick with it.

"Its a job"

Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Southfield, MI

I worked at CPA Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Independent work environment.

Cons

Not enough guidance and help given to new employees after initial training. Expect unrealistic goals after less than 3 months of employment.

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. . .This company is a SINKING SHIP!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CPA Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will end up working with great colleagues as your team members. That's ALL!!!

Cons

1. Company has less than 10% of their entire staff that have actual HANDS-ON IP Prosecution and/or Litigation experience, including management. Company hires their staff from car washes; fast food restaurants, etc.. . . (Non-Legal/IP background) and give them some BS online IP training that is outdated about 12 years . Clients stay w/compay because they end up getting services performed at a discount due to the numerous errors and lies told to them during the prospecting and implementation stages.

2. Company has racist views regarding African Americans who are experienced in IP. Company does not fairly represent what IP market reflects due their own internal racists fears.

3. Females (non- African American) that are in senior management either have to flirt and/or have "personal" relationships with senior management (males) members OR be willing to be a backstabber; manipulator and straight LIAR in the form of their male counterparts.

4. Company has over six software offerings and only has 1 document management system that actually works.

5. Renewals system is so antiquated that if the clients actually knew how their renewals instructions were handled from both the US and Jersey standpoint would pull their portfolios IMMEDIATELY. Company continually experiences lawsuit settlements annually for the past 3 years with guess-estimate of more to come.

7. Company brands self as SOFTWARE and renewals provider with NO INTERNAL SYSTEMS and/or COMMUNICATIONS to provide an AGILE environment. Misrepresents by providing consultative services to prospects and existing clients regarding efficiencies, streamlining and utilizing internal resources and does not practice NONE OF THE SAME.

Advice to Management

1. DUMP ALL senior level managers. Hire former IP industry related managers that have HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE.

2. Contract all marketing and branding responsibilities to professional industry experienced marketing company

3. Dissolve most of the international offices and operations. Move the entire administrative and executive functions to the US to ensure proper fiduciary compliance.

5. Hire EXPERIENCED IP prosecution experts (not non-hands on experienced IP) for both your staff and ESPECIALLY MANAGEMENT positions.

6. Hire experienced IP prosecution staffers who experience was client facing such as your competitors have been doing for the past 3-5 years. Sorry but yes this means more AFRICAN AMERICANS!!!!

7. Dissolve all software systems as 95% are non functional and/or IP-centric.

8. Invest financially and benefits wise for experienced 15+ years IP HANDS ON EXPERIENCED IP professionals. Sorry but yes this means more AFRICAN AMERICANS!!!!

9. Stop hiring and promoting non-IP experienced managers, especially senior level managers.

10. Make benefits package more comparable to the IP industry. Salaries are below IP industry standards (for experienced IP professionals) and present benefits with even smaller competitors.

"Patent Analyst"

I worked at CPA Global full-time

Pros

Bonus pay and extra cases

Cons

Lot of work and no work life balance

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees

"Poor direction in certain divisions"

I have been working at CPA Global full-time

Pros

Excellent health benefits
    Great 401(k)
    Flexible telecommute policy

Cons

Poor understanding of the work from upper management
    Difficult to move-up from within
    No education benefits offered
    Pay behind-the-curve

Advice to Management

Invest in your talent.

"Tone deaf leadership"

I worked at CPA Global full-time

Pros

The company is stable and makes a lot of profit.

Cons

Despite the fact that this company makes money “hand over fist,” there is very little effort to take care of the worker bee employees (those that do the work). Senior leadership is extremely well-paid and frequently rewards themselves with bonuses and lavish benefits, but have no problem cutting the benefits for everyone else. They are so insulated from those below them that they don’t even know the impact of their decisions and (and this is generous) can appear to not care.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. Or at least try to hide some of it from those less fortunate.

8. "Search manager review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CPA Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work, where there is absolutely no discrimination in gender or ethnic group. Fast paced, high quality work expectations. Brilliant people.

Cons

Lack of feeling of job security due to company restructuring and future sale.

Advice to Management

Address job security concerns.

"Innovative company with growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at CPA Global full-time

Pros

* Great company culture
    * Awesome employees with smart ideas and good work ethics ...and know how to have fun
    * Decent compensation package, not the best, but not the worst either
    * Opportunity to work with some newer technology and exciting projects
    * Plenty of work to keep everyone busy
    * Exciting direction possibilities and a visionary leadership

Cons

* Senior Leadership is heavily UK based and focused
    * Existing products are not fully understood by key decision makers
    * Career paths are not defined across the company, leaving many employees directionless
    * Product vision and direction are driven from the top down with little regard for input from anyone "in the trenches".

Advice to Management

* You have really smart people working for you who have a passion to make things better. Put aside your egos and listen to them.
    * End the silos. Integrate, integrate, integrate!

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at CPA Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, a decent working environment, and interesting work.

Cons

Internecine quarrels between managers of different teams result in there being heavy office politics to cope with.