CPC (Colder Products Company) Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Production Worker"

Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a temp to just recently they hired me on within 4 months which seems to be a common practice. It is a very diverse company with many Somalian, Hmong and Ethiopians eating lunch lot of cultures. They just rolled out a career path which is exciting along with making some positive management changes

Cons

none at this time good company

Advice to Management

good place to work referred many friend for 1000 dollar bonus each made 3000 dollars, lol I am finding jobs for people and making extra

2. "First I thought colder products was the best, but soon found out it was the use of people like me that got them to date"

I worked at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of cold products well being the feeling of opportunity when left to be making decisions on your own and making your ideas come true in your dreams become reality

Cons

That thing I was the only labor it was a huge and challenging job for one person

Advice to Management

I would advise New Management to take the time to discover what people really are and what they do best at and how they perform their job with pride encouragement properly also listen to new ideas and go forth with a proper budget and use it wisely buy less food for upper management Gatherings and stop making a celebration out of certain departments when in the end production is the one that brings in the money think more of the little guy I was the little guy that knew everything and felt used and I feel like I could have performed better if given the time and too many little projects added needed help.

"Great company with a collaborative work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Great company with a collaborative work environment. Operating company under the Dover family of companies. Great small company feel with fortune 500 backing. Variety of products and experiences. We work with a range of great companies from industrial through Bio-pharma and medical device. Solid growth company with great benefits and professional development.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Don't Bother - The Reviews are Accurate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time

Pros

There are some nice employees outside of the department that I worked in. Many of those employees were willing to help.

Cons

People spend a lot of time gossiping instead of focusing on the work. Some of the management is involved in the gossiping. The training is horrible. Management gets into arguments during meetings that are fitting for a preschool playground. You are expected to take a a mess that has been in place for ever and fix it right away even though they say that is not expected. Several people have left because of demeaning employees who are allowed to get away with their unprofessional behavior. You are expected to work sun up to sun down because they are short staffed. Some of which is due to poor decision making. The turnover is extremely high. If you see a job description for this company just scroll past it. It probably isn't accurate any way versus what they truly expect from you. I experienced everything mentioned in the prior reviews.

Advice to Management

If you want to change the culture you have to lead by example. Don't ruin trust BEFORE you have had time to establish it.

"Supply chain/operation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great health benefit. Upper management want to pretend like they care by having various event that no one want to show up at.

Cons

Incompetence management that contribute to deteriorating the work culture. Too many meeting to waste time so that actual work do not get done

Advice to Management

Hiring too many manager is not going to help get the work done.

"N/A"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has a lot of great potential in innovation and market diversification. Very profitable company with access to capital from parent company.

Cons

Current management strategy of LEAN is to micro-manage every detail of daily work while maintaining a condition of chronic under-staffing.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

- The company has a lot of capital and can get a lot of things done (new state of the art equipment, cleanroom, etc.)
    - Very profitable
    - Good 401k match level (4.5% match when you contribute 6%) and good fund options. They also have a solid profit share that goes directly to your 401k. The last few years it has been an additional 7%. You can build for a good retirement here.
    - Great vacation policy- 4 weeks after 5 years, 5 weeks after 12 years, and 6 weeks after 20 years.
    - Lots of organic growth- high single digits for the company overall, with some products at over 100%.
    - Great co-workers. This is a special environment- lots of long time employees, and most love what they do and work hard to make the place better.
    - Lots of variety. Many segments, lots of opportunities.
    - Culture tends to promote from within.
    - Recent hires have been excellent.

Cons

- Parent corporation is bad at execution and project management and drives activity at the local company level more than they used to.
    - The parent company is an industrial conglomerate that doesn't "get" life science requirements, so they push in counterproductive directions (cost reductions over product quality, unwilling to invest in acquisitions of complementary businesses at appropriate values, etc.)
    - Lots of different requirements depending on market, can be hard to satisfy all of them within the same system. (E.g. Electronics cooling, RFID surgical connections, and blood pressure cuff connections.
    - New president Kevin Long is very systems oriented, but a system doesn't solve every problem... The ideas he is importing are good, but Toyota is not a perfect company, and we should be open to additional methods.
    - Headcount is too low for all the work there is to be done. This limits growth as projects drag out due to lack of resources.
    - Salaries can be low depending on your department- not in line with competitors, especially in the production area. Benefits can make up some of the gap though.

Advice to Management

So long as you have growth opportunities, your employees are an asset, not a liability. Don't sacrifice top line growth for an extra few points of margin. Know where you need to add people and do it.

"Need to step up tha game"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CPC (Colder Products Company) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm stilltrying to think of some

Cons

Low wage and increasing pressure to perform with no reward for higher performance.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap

"Senior Management"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer

I worked at CPC (Colder Products Company) (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very innovative products for several industry segments. Profitable with a long history of long term employees. No debt. Strong engineering culture.

Cons

Very slow to respond to market needs. Great profits but squeezing everything and everyone for even more to satisfy their parent company.

Advice to Management

Get interdependent of Dover management. Get back to the roots of the founds and stay innovative for the new needs of the market.

"Enjoyable Place to work"

Pros

Fun culture, including Halloween and holiday parties that promote team spirit, great management and colleagues.

Cons

Smaller office size may limit opportunities to advance in your career

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on the hiring process