CPI Aerostructures Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CPI Aerostructures CEO, President, Secretary, and Director Edward J. Fred
Edward J. Fred

1. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Intern - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Intern - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at CPI Aerostructures as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Small Groups, very friendly people, good exposure, excel focused

Cons

Small firm, exit opportunities, sometimes repetitive

Advice to Management

No Advice to management, enjoyed my internship and had a great time at the company. Don't change the environment, the community is great.

2. "Structure mechanic"

Pros

Some good people remain . CEO seems like a good man

Cons

If your a mechanic on the floor it's a mess. Supervisor is a know it all who encourages back stabbing so morale is horrible. 10-20 yr mechanics are by passed by guys who were apprentices . I would stay away unless they change production supervisor.

Advice to Management

Guys on the floor are very unhappy with production supervisor . Can't talk to him . If you disagree with him , you have a problem . Last 2 guys to make lead go hunting with him hmmm.

3. "Worst company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I worked at CPI Aerostructures full-time

Pros

Some good people that worked on floor.

Cons

No support,no tools to do jobs,will fire you if you bring in your own tools,paid below industry standards,don't waste your time.I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Fire management,promote experienced people on shop floor.

5. "engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in West Islip, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in West Islip, NY

I have been working at CPI Aerostructures full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

clean environment, some good people, they don't care if you mess up.

Cons

employment opportunities. people with no experience can have a job easy. no quality work. bad compensation. get what you want when you get here because all you going to see is 10 cent raise if you are lucky or you kiss a lot of... you know what.if you are looking for a place where you don't need much experience and don't care if you make a lot of mistakes as long as you get the job done. this is your place to work.

Advice to Management

do your job. care about people. believe it or not, there is a lot of talented people within your company but just because they did not worked at grumman, GKN or fairchild does not mean they don't have brains.

6. "A very exciting and rewarding company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at CPI Aerostructures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CPI Aero has put a lot of effort into managing the growth we have experienced over the past 4 years. We now have a proper HR function who manage the training and mandatory staff-related requirements. The administrative function is focussed on getting the IT infrastructure to better support the business during the transition to a larger player in the aerospace manufacturing sector. The company works hard to keep everyone involved and committed with monthly employee recognition meetings and weekly bagels for all!

The company is prepared to fund career-related education and develop talent from within.

The management team are strong and are driving the company in the right direction. The low turn over shows this is a great place to work. Put simply, the best job I have had in my career so far.

Cons

Nothing major at all, just the normal interpersonal challenges faced in any job...

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction and manage the growth in the company so that the strengths are built on

7. "CPI is in trouble"

I worked at CPI Aerostructures full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you work here you have a job-pro. if you're from a certain company you are safe for the moment.

Cons

This company is in trouble more worried about meetings and metrics which hinders productivity. If you are part of the company more than 3-4 years ago your job is in danger. In with the new out with the old.