CPI Card Group - Colorado Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Maintenance"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, clean,air conditioning,ok pay. 4 10hour shifts.

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side.
    Heath insurance cost a lot.
    Little room to advance.
    Little to no overtime

Advice to Management

Pay to keep your good ones.

2. "It's like "let's throw this out in the air and hope it works" mentality"

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are fantastic people and very hard working. Weekend shift and the supervisor and team lead are great. As far as the support I get, everyone has been kind. I did get paid training for some things, but I never have a chance to use them.

Cons

Aloof and clueless production supervisors, constant blame on other departments and people for missed deadlines, no response to severe technical issues, poor training, no work training documents, poor production planning, no funding for better equipment, constant server crashing, outdated equipment and machines, favoritism, clients leaving, marketing promising things they can't deliver, and limited machines to run more products. They can't even pay for a better clock in the system that we've been complaining about for months that make us late for clocking in for a shift, clocking back in from lunch and break.

Advice to Management

Where to begin.

- To Production:
    You need to start interacting with the production floor more than you are doing currently. I can count of only three of you currently that do so and engage with operators by working alongside with them on the machine. Learning the machines would also be beneficial, too; it's telling that some of the production supervisors don't even know how to run a machine. Really, really start coming out of your office instead of sitting in there, chatting, reading your emails, or shouting across the rooms to ask a colleague a question and not walking over to talk to them. Frankly, you shouldn't have an office at all. You're not checking the reports to see what's almost past due and you should. You also should NOT be telling your employees you don't care if they dislike you; you SHOULD because that is not how you retain your employees.

- To Upper Managment:
    It feels like you play favorites even if you don't intend to do so. You're putting people in some positions that barely understand how a machine works or what goes into the jobs and data to create production jobs. You're paying for training and sometimes we barely use it because we have to work around production (which is understandable) to run basic test jobs for big products we're running. You aren't making a point to document and preserve any work details; this reviewer isn't even sure what their job description is anymore. The employee recognition program is a start, but how's about you take into consideration so many of us earn less than the national average for our jobs, that would be a start. Stop putting out jobs at the last minute and provide a production schedule.

- To whoever oversees our technology:
    Our equipment is outdated. We have so little machines and we have marketing promising big, shiny things and we can barely make the stuff right, let alone make improvements to our work. With so many networks crashing and it being a well-known issue for months, why aren't we funding ways to improve this? We get behind on jobs and our customers are angry with us. There are days that we can't even print anything. And it's been said enough already, give us some testing equipment.

- To the people on the way up:
    These are the reasons why people leave and whay you can't retain employees that can grow your company and produce quality products. You're not doing anything but sitting on money at this point and refusing to invest in things to make this company grow for the better.

"Cutting to the bone"

Former Employee - Finance in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Finance in Littleton, CO

I worked at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location easy commute. Free parking. AC working environment.

Cons

Management responsible for building quality into product talk the talk but have no clue on how to make it happen or resolve the avalanche of continuing quality problems. Hundreds of employees have been released over the past year but the manages responsible for hiring and training these employees continues in their roles.

Advice to Management

Management is out of touch with the poor quality and continues to support the individuals that are responsible.

"Machine operator"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Littleton, CO

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Multiple shifts, ok pay, thats all.

Cons

No training program, poor employee morale.

Advice to Management

Continue to ignore your employees and your stock price will continue to plummet.

"Greed & Oversight"

Former Employee - Manager in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Littleton, CO

I worked at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry-level employees are generally good people to work with.

Cons

The higher up in management you look, the more oversight and lack of knowledge you will find. They do not understand basic work flow and job demands. Human Resources Department is a skeleton staff and more of an Anti-Human Resources Department - if you bring up an issue, they will try to silence and/or get rid of you. Their mergers and acquisitions are poorly handled aside from the quick money flowing to the greedy.

Advice to Management

Leverage your position to get a job elsewhere, leave the CPI mindset behind, sell your shares, and leave this company to whither and fade away.

"Eh."

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time

Pros

Great People. My coworkers are who makes working more enjoyable.

Cons

Low pay for the stress

Advice to Management

Improve facilities

7. "Great at First, Then Miserable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simple work for the pay, and your co-workers are pretty cool.

Cons

Management is unresponsive and very hands off to the point of neglecting employees on the floor.

HR Is a non existent department.

Management is very controlling for not being on the floor.

Advice to Management

Actually take the time to supervise your employees and solve problems before they become major issues.

8. "Not positive"

I worked at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time

Pros

Some leadership is trying to make it better.

Cons

People are not happy and it is felt everywhere.

"Think twice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None right now, see cons.

Cons

Beware, the 2 glowing reviews (12/15 & 12/14) of CPI were obviously written by HR or corporate. The week following Thanksgiving the company laid off 75 people. The usual excuse, business slowing, etc.

Now, January - February 2017 they're hiring again. It costs more to hire and train new people than to keep the experienced and knowledgeable ones. Quality/accuracy takes a hit until the new hires are capable.

This company seems unable to plan ahead, reactive instead of proactive. Mandatory OT comes up unexpectedly (so much for work/life balance) Supervisors play favorites (I know, every company has this problem), spouses, relatives and significant others are working in the same areas. Management doesn't have the backbone to deal directly with problem employees, so arbitrary rules are handed down to everyone. Employees who go above & beyond are taken for granted, so why bother, right?

If you want to take a job here, just be aware that it might not be long-term.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to listen to the employees who do the actual work, not supervisors or middle management who are part of the problem.

"Hot Stamp"

I have been working at CPI Card Group - Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy work for the amount of pay

Cons

No proper training, giant language barrier, no room to work in on top of each other.

Advice to Management

When someone stresses a concern you should take into consideration instead of instantly blaming the operator. Pay more attention to what is happening on the production floor instead of what new in your email.