CPR My Career Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Educator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros

We provided so many valuable services for those who were in between jobs.
    I enjoyed my time there teaching and sharing resources for those folks.

Cons

None-all positive and worthwhile.
     All good things.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing the great work.

"This is a total scam!! BEWARE!!!!"

Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Decorah, IA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Decorah, IA

I worked at CPR My Career full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none - it is a total scam!!

Cons

I worked full time for this company for only a short few months, thankfully! They have zero intentions of helping people find a job, their only intentions being to take your retirement funds! It is a total script that the agents follow when calling job seekers. Asking a few questions about what your looking for and how your job search has been going ect. Throughout the phone call we had to ask numerous times about your retirement and if you have a retirement plan in place, where your retirement is at, how much you have in retirement ect ect....If we were really trying to help find you a job what would your retirement have to do with anything? It is just a way of cold calling people and trying to scam them into going to see a financial planner so that you would move your money with them! There is no recruiting done with this company at all, the employees aren't even trained on the "outplacement tools" we provide, and the main purpose of the phone call is to find out if the person we have on the phone has over or under $50,000 in retirement savings and if so to set them up with a financial planner! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!

"You will be embarrassed to put them on your resume"

Former Employee - Outbound Phone Representative in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Outbound Phone Representative in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at CPR My Career full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will develop a thick skin after being called a scam several times a day from all the cold calling you will be doing.

Cons

Deceitful business practices. Advertised as a recruiting firm, their main goal is to get their financial planners clients.

Performance and incentives based on the amount of appointments you can book with their financial planners.

If you want to work for a financial planning firm, go work for a real one. If you want to go work for a recruiting firm, this isn't one.

When I was there they had 1 "recruiter" who never placed a single person. I bet you could not find 1 legitimate person that was placed by them that would openly and publicly vouch for them.

This company is actually "Strategic Financial Partners" and also use to be called "Work Save Retire". Before that they were called Outplacement Services of America, featured on ripoffreport.com.

They will come on here and say how everything is free to the customer, but really it's not. They are wasting people's time, telling them they will help them find a job, Really they are just giving you a job search engine (when I was there it was just a terrible application that ran a search through the SimplyHired job aggregate board), a horrible resume building tool (which is actually just ResumeMaker.com), and some basic tips on resumes and interviewing (all info just pull from various sites like Monster.com and such). Their site has changed recently, but it's all the same info and pitch on there so unlikely much has changed.

Their real goal is to book appointments for the financial planners. It's the only way they make money, which is why their quotas and incentives are based off it. At the end of the day, if you aren't a prospect for their planners, the most you will get is the basic job "tools" above. If you have a lot of money, they may give you the "VIP" treatment and actually try to place you in a job. But don't be fooled. They don't have any real connections with any employers. At least not when I was working there.

So why do they do all this, instead of just calling people and just being straight up about financial planning? So they can skirt around the law, ignore the Do Not Call Registry, and call you under the guise of job opportunities. Because if they call you about a "job", they don't need to follow the Do Not Call List.

"Assistant Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Pros

It seems like a legit company at first....

Cons

Bait and switch.....you're telling people you're a recruiter, but you are really just vetting people to see if they have retirement accounts and trying to set up a meeting with a retirement specialist.

Jan 13, 2016 – Digital Marketing

Our core business is recruitment, outplacement, and financial planning. Because we earn revenue from clients who choose our financial and retirement services, we can offer free recruitment and... More

"Great Company to Word For"

Former Employee - Secretary in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Secretary in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at CPR My Career full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at CPR my career for 4 years. During this time I had one child. They were wonderful with my appointments and always working around my schedule. They really care about people. They really cared about me. When I had my second child and my mom was diagnosed with cancer, I could no longer work with them but they were really concerned with me and also making sure that the people I worked with who trusted us to help them find a job were well looked after. I think they are great and they do a good job getting people back to work.

Cons

No real cons here. They are really great people.

Advice to Management

Getting a job is stressful and CPR works with a lot of stressed out people who take cheap shots at them when they don't get hired as fast as they would like. But the reality is, some people are not hireable because of their personal issues or they really don't want to work. When you work with the public anyone can say anything and theres not much anyone can do about so you have to see for yourself.

Jan 13, 2016 – Digital Marketing

Thank you so much for your kind words! We don’t just care about the people we help find new jobs, we also care about the people who help us run our business. We really appreciate your hard work... More

"this company and process is unique and can help the lives of many. everyone is important no matter their credentials"

Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at CPR My Career full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

we help everyone vs the select few needed to fill the jobs. there are some who need our services more than others, but if understood and followed correctly..it can greatly improve a person's struggle in finding employment. the best part is hearing from a client/candidate that they are so grateful for the guidance and help and the care we give them when all other hope was lost for them!

Cons

a little slower than a traditional Recruiting firm. but that's only because they help each person, qualified for a job or not. no other recruiting firm even reaches out a second time to those they don't need for that certain job.
    the other con is talking to closed mind people who are rude and judgmental. annoying

Advice to Management

I think ultimately the assistantd as well as the recruiting section. need to come together and make sure the ones on the calls with each candidate understand the Recruiting part of the process more so when conveyed to others its not misunderstood or taken as a sales pitch, scam or a hoax. the employees on the calls with these people are the legs of the company. to get the message out right, everyone needs to work WITH each other within..

Jan 13, 2016 – Digital Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. It’s greatly appreciated and we welcome all feedback that helps us improve our process, and how we provide assistance to our clients. We’ve... More

7. "Recruiting Consultant"

I have been working at CPR My Career full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my job...I get to help Professional's with the overwhelming transition of Finding that next opportunity and in addition offer educational help for the future. All at no cost ... wow

Cons

wish there were benefits

8. "Feeling like someone really cares."

Pros

Keri and Scott have really been great. Keri have provided me with some great job opportunities that fixes in with my career background. Scott have provided me great guidance with my future job opportunities and my retirement goals. Without this group I would be lost in how companies look at their candidates in todays market. I feel like they really care about me the person. I also must mention Tiffany because without her initially contacting me, I would not have heard about this company. Great job everyone. Please keep up the 'GREAT" work that you provide to individuals like me.

Cons

I have no negative comments about this company.

9. "assistant recruiter"

I have been working at CPR My Career full-time

Pros

great work environment and awesome management

Cons

can't think of any offhand

"Total scam"

Pros

None. Not a single one.

Cons

They claim to be helping people find employment when all they really want to do is provide alleged investment services to get their hands on your retirement accounts.
    I was drawn in by the promise of their super-special search engine that they claim allows you to search 70,000 employer websites for for jobs that are not posted elsewhere.
    They set me up with an appointment with a local representative who they claimed would screen me for suitability for all these magic hidden vacancies...oh and by the way he will also give you a second opinion on your retirement investments. When I said I was unemployed and that I could hardly consider retirement until I had a job to retire from they cancelled the appointment. What was supposedly the secondary, optional part of the meeting was the actual sole purpose of the meeting...why else would the appointment be with a Financial & Insurance Service company??
    I live in a large city. When searching their super secret database for jobs the words "manager", "engineer" and several other generic terms produced zero results in a 100 mile radius.
    This is a total sham and is preying on the resumes of people they think might have some money tucked away. Do not fall for it or any of their BS. They have no interest in finding you a job.

Advice to Management

Be honest - if you want to sell Financial Services be truthful about and stop preying on people who are out of work with false promises. The string of complaints and their excuses below should be a giveaway.