CPS Insurance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

CPS Insurance Services Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2019

3.7
CPS Insurance Services CEO Andy Holden (no image)
Andy Holden
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work- Large enough company to have access to needed resources: training, career development, designations and most importantly upward mobility. Not too large that you lose access to management and ownership. Control your own destiny- You may be hired for one specific job, but find that you have passion for a completely different role…you have the flexibility to create your own path as long as... that path makes sense for CPS and the employee. Integrity- Refreshing to work for a company where honesty and integrity mean something. You can count on management to stick to their commitment/word- without fail. Employees feel and are treated as if they are part of a family

Cons

Long commute from South County

CPS Insurance Services2017-09-13
  2. "Great co workers. Poor upper management."

I worked at CPS Insurance Services

Pros

Some of the best and most quality people I’ve worked with.

Cons

Upper management too cheap to invest in managers and departments that are foundational to growing a healthy business. No long term strategy because it costs to much now to invest in business for the future. Only reacting to current environment.

Advice to Management

Lots of opportunity with current business footprint. Stop thinking about how your gonna make an extra buck today and start thinking about strategy for long term success. It’s bad business and bad culture.

CPS Insurance Services2019-08-31
  3. "Good Values"

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

CPS promotes core values excellence, passion, integrity, collaboration and creativity. We strive to incorporate these values in our words and actions. I love to have a common foundation of such high caliber. These values make our team stronger and more cohesive. Work/life balance is important at CPS.

Cons

Traffic congestion can make a long commute.

CPS Insurance Services2017-09-19
  4. "Does not care about employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at CPS Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. This is a company looking for new people entering the business. If you have industry experience- this is not a place you should land to continue your career.

Cons

Leadership is inexperienced Does not care about employee wellness Difficult to get time off due to limited staff Formal and cavalier culture that does not lead to growth Marketers vs. knowledgable financial experts Litigious and irrational business decisions are made based on leadership emotion vs. a logical decision making process- resulting in poor company performance.

Advice to Management

Seek professional consulting advice in the financial services industry to revamp the culture, lower employee turnover rates and increase operational efficiencies of a productive agency. Hire people with industry experience and compensate them appropriately.

CPS Insurance Services2016-03-19
  5. "Manager"

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services part-time

Pros

Good time off for workers

Cons

No sick days for workers

Advice to Management

none

CPS Insurance Services2015-10-20
  6. "Case manager"

Case Manager

I worked at CPS Insurance Services

Pros

Very nice environment. Good hours, flexibility etc.

Cons

I cannot find any cons for this company

CPS Insurance Services2015-10-05
  7. "manager"

I worked at CPS Insurance Services

Pros

3 weeks paid vacation 12 sick days

Cons

horrible family life, could never take vacation time

CPS Insurance Services2015-03-03
  8. "Great"

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services

Pros

Great it was and is

Cons

None at all at all

CPS Insurance Services2015-01-20
  9. "Collaborative, vibrant work environment with training that will set you above the rest"

Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Team/family oriented environment committed to group learning and success - Honest, up-front compensation structure - Inviting and dedicated training system that is proven to work - Hands-on help when you succeed and fail* - Understanding with personal time and needs, 5/5 on work life balance - Accounting, insurance, and benefits professionals giving periodic seminars to teach what is happening in the company... and with your money

Cons

- Not for followers. must be a go getter

Advice to Management

- Listen to the energy of the room and remember that we operate as one unit. Because of the selective size of DynaStaff we always had to work as a team. This turned out to be one of the biggest benefits of my time spent there. - Have more contests! The extra incentives like an open bar in downtown Chicago, free tickets to Lollapalooza, or Ipad giveaways drove me to work harder and harder, realizing that I... could get even more benefits than I already had. This was a huge perk to the role that I didn't expect and am still appreciative

CPS Insurance Services2014-05-29
  10. "A Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Esp in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CPS Insurance Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experiences the Students give you while teaching them

Cons

The experiences the Students give you while teaching them

CPS Insurance Services2014-02-16