CR England OTR Driver Reviews | Glassdoor

OTR Driver

2.7
Chad England

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • England training program is fast paced and in depth (in 13 reviews)

• Fair treatment good instructers happy staff always have a smile instruters were very informitve always happy and well informed good people all around (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Home time not pre set schedules (in 40 reviews)

• no home time without twisting arms, super low pay unless you're a trainer ( (in 15 reviews)

1. "This is a foot in the door,so make the best of it."

Former Contractor - OTR Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Contractor - OTR Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to start, Quick to get you on the road. Near brand new equipment give you all the work you can handle.

Cons

Phone contact time is horrible and if you have a hard time with written expressed communication . The pay sucks but that's understandable when starting out. Just remember to focus on the lessons and try to learn.

Advice to Management

Train your Driver Managers better and stop making one person handle a fleet of 180 trucks that being driven by very fresh drivers.

2. "Working for CR England"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, nice staff, new trucks, flexibility.

Cons

Was hard to get miles, the pay was not always good.

Advice to Management

Give me more miles...

"Don't ever work there."

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Mira Loma, CA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Mira Loma, CA

I worked at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I saw. That place is a joke. Everyone only looks out for themselves except a few veteran drivers.

Cons

Pretty much everything you can imagine. Lousy communication. Horrible trainers. Terrible pay. Get your license and get out. Go to a company who values your skill set. No wonder England got sued.

Advice to Management

Get your cdl first so you can see where we are coming from. Bunch of keyboard warriors.

"otr driver"

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

short work contract and people are terrible to each other.

Cons

expect to be verbally abused

5. "Great school, awsome training..."

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

All the training is awsome, passed test first time due to training...

Cons

Don't have any cons to list...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...

"Don't come here."

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Columbia, SC

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trucks are nice. Short training program, 9 month commitment program. Get to see the country. That's about it. There's more cons than pros.

Cons

They put you in roach motels. School training is awful, Recruiters lie to you just to get you to join them. Forget about going home. DMs lie to you, and never route you home. Money is trash.

Advice to Management

Be straight up and honest with employees. Just like you we would like to go home sometimes too.

"Everything that glitters ain't gold"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a very good and thorough driver training school in Salt Lake City, Utah. Instructors made sure you understood and learned what you needed to get started driving a commercial vehicle.

Cons

Once with a driver "trainer" you were pretty much on your own. After your time out with trainer most of us ended up in their lease program. Not Good. My dissatisfaction came when I was talked down to and treated quite badly by "dispatchers". They also showed no compassion when I needed to get home due to illness in family, I was put in a situation where I had to do what I had to do. I ended up losing my aunt, mother-in-law and father in a matter of 8 weeks. They all passed away..... and after it was all said and done, England put down that I basically took their equipment even though I kept in contact and had until 01-13-2012 to return my lease truck. They were kind enough to have me drive from Georgia to Wyoming where I once again contacted them to let them know I was on my way, they came and took it in the middle of the night.

Advice to Management

You teach us about safety and DOT rules and regulations but as soon as we get on the road your dispatch wants us to "run anyway" and alot of new drivers don't know any better and end up in trouble or quitting. I was able to get a job with a better company in spite of negative reports by CR England, that now appear on any HIRE RIGHT request, but thank God, your reputation proceeds you.

8. "My opinion"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good place for a student to learn and start out.

Cons

Low wages to start with.

9. "Horrible company!!"

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

Short list here. They are very safety oriented which is nice. They will pay for your cdl training. That's pretty much it.

Cons

None of the different sections of office personnel communicate well with any other. The lies pile up too fast to keep track of, from the recruiters all the way to the career counselors and DMs. The pay is absolutely horrible for at least the first 6 months. Then the pay goes from horrible to just bad. Good luck getting hometime when you want it. Typical to not get home until a week or two after you wanted to be home. My last hometime was a week and a half after my requested date and it took them an additional 5 days to get me back on the road after I called and told them I was ready to come back. Trucks governed at 60 mph which means low miles combined with the low pay. Horrible load planning will leave you sitting for days many times which means even less miles for you.

Advice to Management

Pay your drivers better and stop treating them like trash. Recruiters could try being honest about anything. DMs and load planners need to do better getting driver home to their families.

10. "Great treatment all the time"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

I dont have one never had a bad time i cant think of twenty word worth of complaints i dont have any bad things to say or write

Advice to Management

Keep things the same