CR England Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Chad England

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • England training program is fast paced and in depth (in 15 reviews)

• Got to see the country and meet new people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad home time, not many drive options (in 49 reviews)

• Low pay/mile if just starting out (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Family Oriented"

Current Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good values, patient. Particularly, I was able to speak with the CSO Brandon Harrison at a meet and greet, about driving in a different/more challenging division for the opportunity to have more home time & pay. He hooked me up with a contact in another division and I was able to make that happen.

Cons

Smaller or "Startup" fleets need a person or senior driver to manage tractor maintenance and driver compliance to delegate yard/driver/technical issues in cases where fleets are so small corporate does not have physical presence. eg. KCMO, Intermodal.

Advice to Management

Dispatchers have the ability to make driver WANT to do more for the company. This concept was foreign to me until I matched up with an outstanding DM in KC. I have went above and beyond because I know my DM doesn't cut out early or avoid picking up the phone for eminent issues. Transflow system needs re-implementation. Currently holds office staff back, as well as drivers. There is no reason documents shouldn't be immediately available with the technology we have today (could be handled in house). QC trip system can undergo an even more simplified implementation.
    Suggest integrating QC with trip document handling to avoid the amount of times a driver has to input, more often than not, ambiguous data.* * Not including the double checker data like inputting Load temps that type of thing is good for everyone.

"Great experience opportunity"

Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cr England helps anyone achieve a cdl and work as long as you are willing to reach for that goal

Cons

Bening away from home for weeks at a time

"Very good"

Former Employee - Retired in Alexander City, AL
    Former Employee - Retired in Alexander City, AL

I worked at CR England full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great employees whom are proactive

Cons

Can't seem to find any

Advice to Management

Patience

4. "CR England - Apprentice Program"

Former Employee - Apprentice in Ontario, OR
    Former Employee - Apprentice in Ontario, OR

I worked at CR England (More than a year)

Pros

They taught me to drive and helped me pass the written and driving tests. Their equipment was great. My first mentor was amazing. My manager was a good person and tried to help me and complied as much as he could with my wishes such as still driving with someone until I got more confidence as a new driver.

Cons

Very difficult to make money and have a decent living wage. It is a tough job, not very healthy either even when you try to live a healthy, wholesome lifestyle.

Advice to Management

More time backing up for all newbies.

5. "Director"

I worked at CR England full-time

Pros

Good company- family atmosphere. Newer fleet, efficiency focused. Prides itself on giving opportunities to people and allowing them a chance to provide for their families

Cons

Newest generation of family more focused on bottom line vs last generation. Definitely not a bad thing but can be felt in the changes.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what made CR England a well respected provider to the industry. Image of fleet has dropped considerably with respect to cleanliness which was always a strong point. That's your name on the side of the trailers

6. "No"

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

Experience bad and good here

Cons

Don’t come to this company

Advice to Management

Pay

7. "Expectations are let down"

Current Employee - Training in Portage, IN
    Current Employee - Training in Portage, IN

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Maybe get a CDL
    Free doughnuts for the continental breakfast

Cons

You have to pay them back for the grant.
    They lied to me to get me to training by saying that i would have a shuttle to take me to the store. So i did not bring food. Got here and there is no shuttle and now i have no food! The hotel they put you in is terrible. They do not care about you here and sweep complaints under the rug. They advertise high speed internet but you will be lucky to even use it without being disconnected, waiting 15 minutes for a page to load or even see a webpage. I have seen pest control here 2 times in my first week and still hear people talk about roaches and bed bugs. You don't make a lot of money on the road assuming your training actually,works and you receive your CDL Not paid while training.

Advice to Management

Do not lie. Shame on you

"good place to start if you feel like being treated like a animal"

I worked at CR England full-time

Pros

easy way to get a CDL

Cons

you are just a number to them

9. "Awful Company. Do not apply"

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn to halfassedly drive a truck, and you get to see the country.

Cons

The backing lot was absolutely disgusting. Covered in trash, extremely uneven, the trucks were breaking down and very poorly maintained, there were new instructors almost each day as other instructors were up and quitting. Very awful communication. Once I finally got on the road, my drive trainer and I got into an argument where he continued to go back on everything he's ever said to me, and not claiming responsibility for what he has or hasn't done. He ignored me when I needed help, and would never wake up when needed. He didn't have any patience, compassion, or respect. He even threatened to physically assault me. The company didn't care what so ever, ignoring my phone calls, and when I did talk to someone, they constantly talked over me, ignored me, and told me I was lying. Do not work for this company. Trainers are given their title after only 6 months of driving.

Advice to Management

Make drivers have 2 or more years of experience to become a trainer. Don't let students train students. 6 months is not enough experience. As a first time driver, I drove better than my own trainer.

"Good starter company but stinks over time like fish going bad"

Current Employee - Company Driver in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Colton, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

This company is good when you are trying to get you foot in the door of the trucking industry.
    They offer truck schooling where you can obtain your CDL.
    There are a few accounts where a new driver can make a some what dicent living

Cons

Although this company self license, drivers who abtain their CDL this way will have a restriction on it stating that you can only operate “Auto only” trucks.
    This company like many other “Mega Carriers” force dispatch which means if you have the time and are physically able to you will run.
    This company will do anything anything to try and save a buck and yes at the drivers expense.

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers a little more.
    Take the time to see their point of view without drawing conclusions and seek a common ground not having my way or the highway attitude