CRF Health Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
CRF Health Chief Executive Officer Rachael Wyllie
Rachael Wyllie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible Working, Ability to work from home (in 14 reviews)

• Very flexible working schedule, fast-growing industry, good co-workers (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no support, employee's under paid whilst the management team travels everywhere business class (in 9 reviews)

• Work/life balance is nonexistent within this company (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Going from Strength to Strength"

Pros

If you like a massively growing, dynamic and fast paced business environment - you should be beating down the doors of CRF Health. I've worked in a range of large and medium sized businesses and none had the energy and the focus this business has.

Cons

Yes there are growing pains, but the positive intent is clear. Don't come here if you want stable and boring!

Advice to Management

You can never have too much communication and as the business grows, make sure you keep everyone informed.

Dec 4, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments and we agree, little chance of ever getting bored.

2. "housing"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time

Pros

good work environment to be in

Cons

too far from home but close to trains

Nov 29, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

The Hammersmith, London office is well serviced by the Hammersmith & City Line, the Disctrict and the Piccadilly Line. And to add to our initial response to the review, we are delighted to announce... More

"Not a Good Company - Do Not Work Here"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flex hours
    - Work at home 1-2 days a week
    - Lots of PTO
    - Lax dress code
    - Exposure to get hired by a sponsor (access to better jobs)

Cons

- No discipline, no accountability
    - "Not my job" atmosphere that is directly counter to "company behaviors"
    - Misaligned processes, Zero strategic direction
    - Abysmal bonuses based off voodoo math

The featured review was definitely posted by a member of the HR department. They will continuously leave comments about internal promotions, but not mention those #s included hiring temps full time. Also no mention of turnover rate and how many people leave, dictating need to fill roles. They also reference secondments. If you get a secondment, after a year you have to interview for the job you've already been doing and you might get demoted. US HR personnel either do not relay employee concerns and wishes to rest of company, or the executive team simply does not care. Only two logical outcomes, neither are good. HR director once told me my feelings were wrong, that I wasn't allowed to be frustrated. How is that being a representative of your employees?

Executive team is in Europe and is wholly out of touch with client needs and day to day operations. They have shown no ability to forecast into the future. Acquired Entra, none of their devices are compatible, issues about where the devices are made (in China) and that this wasn't communicated to clients. Entra provided shoddy devices to CRFs competitor without CRF knowing. Myriad of regulatory issues led to their products not being used within 18 months of acquisition. Obviously didn't plan that one out. The company put people in secondments, and then once the time came for that to be over they had no idea what to do with people. Clearly did not plan it out even throughout the full year of the process they knew would exist. Been 2+ months and they still don't have it figured out. Lots of turmoil and questions, holding up other promotions, just an unmitigated administrative disaster. I could go on and on.....

I personally have had nothing but glowing reviews noting high above average performance, no escalations, no reports of being non compliant, multiple emails from "key" client to executive team praising hard work - can't get a raise, can't get a promotion, can't get an explanation from management. "Things take time, its in the works" - 6 months and counting now (no raise in > 12 months of employment, even though I have only had top notch reviews. What's the point of the review? Does it mean nothing? Does anyone that works above me care?)

Advice to Management

Honestly sometimes when I see people interview here I almost stop them and tell them to not take an offer if they get it. Resign, and let someone who cares and is capable of leading this company take the reigns.

"Average"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time

Pros

Extremely flexible work environment available after a few short months.

Cons

Sales and upper management are out of touch with the delivery service team/project managers.

Advice to Management

Set and promote realistic goals.

Feb 6, 2018 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments. We are coming towards the end of the financial year for CRF Health and in the coming weeks Line Managers will be meeting with the staff to agree Objectives for the year... More

"Mediocrity Accepted in Rooted Scapegoat Culture"

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at CRF Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel is offered for the Six Sigma fraternity. Generic core values and department structure; ensures little interaction outside of your own area. Lineal work structure, you can “fake it until you make it”; work-flow is robotic in nature, so if you can read manual instructions, this place will work for you.
    Higher management makes the decisions, so little initiative is needed (often unappreciated). Desk-work is constant and 95% of it is typically done on an individual basis. Managers can be located in another office or location, so there is minimal daily supervision; Skype is a major tool in communicating (impersonal, quick, easy). Breakfast provided once per week. Standard benefits.

Cons

Generic corporate environment; not for those who color outside the lines or think outside the box; if management doesn’t appreciate criticisms, they’ll put you on notice. Executive team tries to be motivational and inspiring, but it's regurgitated Six Sigma ideology (flashback to the 1980’s).
    Problems can be swept under the rug and solutions then go unrealised despite the mind-numbing number of daily Skype meetings or fancy excel task lists/tools that distract from actual work to be done.
    Beware of a scapegoat culture perpetuated by some managers. Promotions are based on who you know rather than quality of performance and pay increases are less than desirable. HR seems overworked and is hardly straight forward or neutral in mediation matters. Formal position titles are held in high regard and you’ll laughably hear some employees remind subordinates of their status regularly, as if to lead by intimidation.

Advice to Management

Come out of the dark ages. CRF has lost and continues to lose talented professionals to better companies who invest in fresh-minded, highly motivated employees. CEO, R. Wyllie, is bland and emits a dull reflection of company values whether speaking in company-wide meetings or relating an office-wide memo.
    Stop requiring employees to identify themselves publicly during “Ask Me Anything” meetings – it’s obvious that leaders avoid the real [tough] questions by deterring employees from getting the answers they really want.
    Start fresh with the HR department and properly evaluate managers who claim to have the experience needed to improve company operations. Listen to the constructive criticisms of all employees, despite their titles or risk continued weakened morale.

"Zero Direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at CRF Health (More than a year)

Pros

- Semi flexible work schedule
    - Near impossible to get fired
    - Bagel Fridays
    - Travel if you are privileged enough to be able to go

Cons

- No management structure.
    - No sense of developer resourcing as it relates to project scope.
    - Lack of collaboration between teams.
    - Zero leadership for your discipline
    - Managers do not help you when you need help.
    - Managers block you from upper management when there are problems and spin facts to make themselves not look bad.
    - The right way to do things is always the wrong way to do things when processes are challenged.
    - Managers do not step in when they should and are only reactive.
    - Managers do not step in and help their direct team out when overwhelmed with work by taking small project related tasks.
    - Raises are not even at industry standard of 2.5%-3%.
    - Promotions are near impossible to obtain. Have to wait till a req opens for a higher position to apply and interview for it. This creates a waiting line for senior people who have nothing to work towards.
    - No career ladder for developers further than Senior after entry level.
    - Core business hours for developers are dumb. If you work late the night before you have to be in by a specific time no matter what.
    - No sense of proper QA testing. QA resources are engaged at the end of the development and have little insight into project specific details. In addition you get assigned whatever resource has availability at the time.
    - When fixing bugs during QA testing you are not allowed to start troubleshooting and working on defects until the test round is over. This leaves barely any time to troubleshoot and resolve bugs with extremely tight timelines.

Advice to Management

Wake up and start addressing the problems to retain your good employees. You are going to be left with people that cannot cut it at other companies. In addition if you want to attract real talent you need to become inline with the software industry with salary and bonus.

Oct 3, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Concerning your comment “Promotions are near impossible”: In Q2 we promoted 39 people internally, this included 10 secondments, a number of the secondments are undergoing Lean Six Sigma Green Belt... More

"Stable Work, Good Benefits, Mismanaged, Far too much work"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work, barely anyone gets fired
    Work in cliinical trials helping new medicines be developed, which is a very meaningful purpose.
    Benefit package is nice

Cons

Mismanaged to the point that projects often get assigned to teams that don't have the bandwidth
    A salaried worker can often be expected to work up to or beyond 70 hours a week depending on their project workload.
    High turnover, causing those who stay behind to pick up the burden of projects left behind.
    Career progression can stagnate.

Advice to Management

Hire enough people to cover all the projects. Improve training programs to get new workers up to speed faster.

Nov 5, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We thank you for your comments and would direct you to speak to your Line Manager or HR Director to discuss your concerns and issues, particularly over the hours you feel you need to work each week... More

"Invest in employees"

Current Employee - Client Services in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Ability to flex time.
    - Ability to work from home.
    - The team I work with.

Cons

- Seems the company's exes don't want to invest in their employees.
    - Pay is not very competitive.
    - Imbalance of work within the company. Certain teams have way more work than others. If you perform at a high level they have no problem loading you up with more and more work, causing longer hours and more room for errors.
    - Company has an inability to get rid of employees that under perform greatly, causing more work for others who must fix their issues.
    - Turn over rate.
    - Lack of resources.

Advice to Management

Really consider investing in your employees, better pay, better work/life balance.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. Good to hear your positive thoughts on your work colleagues.

Regarding your concerns:
    Investment in employees - It is early days for our new Head of Learning... More

"Average Company w/ no employee investment"

Current Employee - Finance in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Finance in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible working schedule, fast-growing industry, good co-workers

Cons

no investment in staff whatsoever, slow moving and indecisive, outdated infrastructure, strategic vision not aligned with market opportunities

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and the turnover rate will drop and productivity and morale will jump. Allow managers to make tactical decisions in a timely manner. Let your "boots on the ground" get the job done. Reduce red tape.

Jun 11, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. Please discuss your individual needs for training with your Line Manager. Do use the PMP and the PDP (Performance Management Plan and the Performance Development Plan) to... More

"Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here"

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Writer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Proposal Writer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at CRF Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive starting salary.
    -Work from home options available to some.
    -Good onboarding process and initial company training.

Cons

-Executive leadership is lacking, to say the least.
    -Very high turnover rate. Right now, LITERALLY everyone I knew two years ago is either gone, leaving, or seeking options.
    -Laughably unrealistic productivity expectations bordering on sadism.
    -Yearly salary increases well below industry standard even at highest end regardless of performance evaluation (I received the highest possible review which equated to a yearly increase equal to the current cost of living percentage).
    -Generally poor morale which is fueled by hostile attitudes within the executive leadership.
    -Overall business model is erratic and unstable.
    -After my direct supervisor quit, the company made no effort to replace them in their position, therefore I went 7+ months without a boss.

Inevitably, CRF will reply to this review and I encourage that. My criticisms are certainly not anomalous...in fact, they're frighteningly identical to nearly every other review you'll find here. This is not by coincidence. Please know that I held out as long as I possibly could in this no-win situation. Even months later, I'm still genuinely confused as to what went wrong here. I'm not looking for a pound of flesh here; I would just greatly appreciate some honest answers which I know will never come.

Advice to Management

Spend less time worrying about your Glassdoor reviews and more time fixing your messes.

Jun 12, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

It's obviously very disappointing to read such feedback on any occasion.
    We're really sorry that working in our organisation for 15 months seems to have been such a relatively negative experience... More