CRF Health Reviews

Updated Dec 9, 2019

3.3
CRF Health CEO Mike Nolte (no image)
Mike Nolte
Pros
  • "Good culture, able to work from home(in 17 reviews)

• "This is an efficient and well-run business with excellent policies relating to flexible working and a product the the team believe in(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hardly no training was given and the little that was given was downright rubbish(in 9 reviews)

• "The company Often hires employees as temp to perm, and then hires full time CRF health employees(in 8 reviews)

1. "Growing company with a good culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time

Pros

A great mix of people here, culture seems fun/young, many small things done for employees like free lunches and other spur of the moment stuff

Cons

Many open positions due to growth

"Pros and Cons"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot's of great people/ team collaboration

Cons

work gets piled on you with very little structured training

"Client Services"

4.0
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at CRF Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Generous PTO and benefits offered. - Progressive HR policies. - Flexible work schedule. - Plenty of travel opportunities, if desired. - No shortage of career advancement opportunities for the hardworking. In less than 6 months, I've seen more promotions at CRF than I had in my last year with my previous employer. - Diverse and motivational work culture, overall positive atmosphere.

Cons

- On-boarding could use improvement. Many feel under-trained and directionless. - Compensation seems to be below industry standards. - Short-staffed departments are overworked and are under tremendous pressure. - Convoluted, antiquated and unscalable processes are needlessly burdensome. - Though we're growing extremely quickly, employee turnover does seem high, likely due in part to my previous points.

"Project Manager"

4.0

I worked at CRF Health full-time

Pros

Leader in the eCOA space

Cons

Growing fast and sometimes hard for the company to keep up

October 22, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We thank you for your review. In September 2018 CRF Health and Bracket merged together. Under the CEO Mike Nolte, we number close to 1500 employees in the US, the UK, Romania, Finland, India, the Czech Republic and Japan.

"Application Specialist"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours Good PTO Some nice people still left here

Cons

- No training- learn on your own type environment - Upper management is running the company to the ground. They're over working their employees and do not pay competitively. Too many people in upper management/HR who don't have a clue what is going on or know what's going on and choose to do nothing about it. - High turn over rate because nobody working there is happy - CEO didn't let anyone know the company was being sold; employees found out by an article in the Wall Street Journal - Downsizing the office space and not hiring enough staff to maintain the amount of studies being rewarded- setting us up for fail.

July 29, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Update October 2018 We have seen the company grow from 320 personnel in 2015 to 650 in August 2018 and with the merger with Bracket now sits at 1500 Negotiations on the sale by Vitruvian to GenStar were handled discretely, as transactions of this type should always be, and we trust you were delighted with the final price for your shares! We are very excited by the merger to form CRF Bracket, that sees the creation of a 1500 person company with further growth planned, it brings increased opportunities to our employees. "Downsizing the offices"? Now you have been in the Waterfront offices for over one month we hope you will agree that the layout, decor and facilities are vastly superior to the previous office, and it just feels more spacious. We feel that we have very successfully moved to an "Agile Working" environment, there has not ever been a shortage of desk space in our new home, availability of meeting spaces increased, and most individuals embraced the "Agile Working". Our Training comprises of a mixture of on-the-job training, self learning and classroom environment. We thank you for the feedback, please do reach out the Chief People Officer to discuss these topics further, Your input is appreciated and we are keen you understand the process of any company change of the type we have recently undergone

"Application Specialist"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great on boarding / training program. Team environment, excellent benefits. Bagel Fridays, birthday lunches, occasional social events for employees. They're experimenting with family events.

Cons

The office can be cold in the winter (of course, landlord issue though)

June 18, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments and we are delighted that, barring the weather, all is going well for you - and CRF Health.

"CRF HEALTH Needs To Do Better"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CRF Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Health Benefits, Decent Paid Time Off, International Travel (if available) Fruit Trays, Remote Working Options, Standing Desks and Notebooks.

Cons

+Lack of direction from Team Manager(s): Hire Team Mangers that know and WANT to learn the CRF processes, not to just manage client relationships. It’s hard to do your job when leadership can’t help you with tasks and puts you in a position to fail. +The bonus structure/“scheme” is a joke: They split your bonus up four times across the year (to TAX YOUR dollars more) then create erroneous measures for teams to obtain the full amount. How are you measuring KPI’s on weekly timesheet entries; it’s a complete joke. The last “PRP” bonus was just over $100.00 ($/£). CRF needs to institute a fair and robust bonus structure on a team by team basis, not for the Client Services group as a whole. +Clear disconnect between the sales team and the delivery team(s): The sales team will promise the moon and the stars with NO collaboration with the Product Services/R&D group. Then all of the pressure is on Client Services to delivery a invalidated product. Sales needs to be held to the same standard as Client Services. All they care about is there commissions on overvalued contracts. +Diversity Is Not Fostered AT ALL. Not much more to say on that.

April 16, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments and particularly for recognition of SOME of the benefits on offer. We are sorry that for you, the bonus structure and scheme did not work. The bonus scheme is in place to drive particular behaviours and company objectives such as growth in customer numbers, customer retention and customer satisfaction, revenues, continued process improvements and not just on the "what" we do but "how" it is done. For many there is an understanding as to what we are trying to achieve and the continued, year on year growth, in terms of revenues and permanent staff members (420 in March 2016 and over 630 in April 2018) and visible improvements over the last 18 months around many processes is testament to the progress we continue to make. We are struggling to understand why you see splitting the PRP bonus in to four payments increases the amount of tax you pay. The tax system in the US rolls all earnings up in to one calculation, and the tax return you complete calculates the tax you have to pay. The US government will tax you more if you earn more and they will consider the bonus as part of your earnings, but we don't understand why you see splitting in to four parts would result in paying more tax. Concerning "Diversity", we will be producing some statistics around this but in the US we are seeing a slightly greater number of females versus male employees, our average age, particularly around Project Delivery is nearer 20 year olds than 40 year olds, but this is reflective of SOME roles being particularly suited to those early in their career, the ethnic mix in the US reflects state-wide geodemographics.

8. "Best Company"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time

Pros

Rooms for growth are here

Cons

It can get hectic especially during the holiday seasons

April 16, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments.

"Not A Good Company - Do Not Work Here"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CRF Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of PTO - Flex hours - Ability to work at home 1-2 days a week - Lax dress code - No one gets fired - Exposure to big pharma clients

Cons

"Not my job" mentality that is counter to "company behaviors", upper management is either wholly apathetic or unaware, lots of people promoted and rewarded while not following procedures in past, no direction, no guidance, no strategic vision The featured review was definitely left by a member of the HR department. US HR department either does not relay concerns to upper management, or upper management simply does not care. Only 2 possible explanations, neither are good. They reference promotions but don't mention those numbers include temp to full time hires. They don't mention the constant turn over, dictating need to fill positions. They referenced secondments, but don't mention that after a year in your secondment you have to re interview for the job you did for a year, and might get demoted. It's been a year since the first secondments started and they have no idea what they're doing with people. It's an unmitigated administrative disaster. If you get hired mid fiscal year don't expect a raise for 18 months. You won't get one first time "because you weren't there long enough". The bonuses are also based off voodoo math with "hay levels" that no one explains. HR ignored 3 emails asking for what that all meant. The performance reviews mean nothing, I receive nothing but highest praise reviews, no negative feedback ever, no escalations, no reports of being non compliant, key client sent numerous emails with praise from delivery and clinical teams, client services directors reiterated praise - can't get a raise, can't get a promotion, can't get an explanation. No one can tell me why I can't get a reward for my hard work. "Things are in motion, things are happening in the background, things take time"....over and over, just non answers. Can't get a merit promotion, interview and don't hear back for over a month. What is the point of the reviews if they don't mean anything? What else are people supposed to do? Working here is just like fighting with a cable company. Don't have the time to get into how screwed up everything else is.

March 5, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments and we are sorry that you are clearly feeling frustrated. We hope the following will address some of your points as an initial response and will update this as we get answers back from some of your other points. Our internal careers portal communicates that 116 requisitions were filled by internal candidates being moved in to new positions and that a further 11 were filled as “secondments”. In addition to this number of “internal moves” we also had 12 temporary personnel or Fixed Term Contractor offered permanent contracts. From a report perspective our “Temp to Perm” hires are included in the “External” sourcing piece and in 2017 we hired a total of 184 personnel in to permanent positions, this includes the 12 converted from temporary to permanent contracts. Concerning secondments - The term “secondment” is used as we have to hold the permanent post open to them. Some secondments are due to maternity leave of the permanent incumbent and some are seen as short term needs due to a specific project. Just as we would hold the role open for someone on maternity leave (with a temporary or secondment, so we hold that persons role open for them when the first individual returns. It is hoped that those covering a role on a secondment basis will blossom in the role which gives greater responsibility and learning opportunity and, more often than not, they would progress well and want to secure a permanent opportunity at the new level, rather than return to their “old” role. But we do hold that role open for them.

"Average"

I have been working at CRF Health full-time

Pros

Extremely flexible work environment available after a few short months.

Cons

Sales and upper management are out of touch with the delivery service team/project managers.

February 6, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your comments. We are coming towards the end of the current financial year for CRF Health and in the coming weeks Line Managers will be meeting with the staff to AGREE Objectives for the year ahead. These objectives are mutually agreed and focus energies on what the business wants and needs to achieve for continued success. The Leadership team welcomes constructive comments and there are various forums where this can be captured; Ask Me Anything conference calls, or if you prefer a more anonymous route, through the "Engagement Survey".

Found 95 reviews