CRICO/RMF Reviews | Glassdoor

CRICO/RMF Reviews

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The best company to work for!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at CRICO/RMF (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance and many more....

Cons

I can't think of any!

2. "Great company overall"

I have been working at CRICO/RMF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

excellent work life balance, very stable company with strong job security. Overall everyone is very friendly and the day to day work life is pleasant.

Cons

at times management continues down paths that are so obviously flawed that it kills morale. Also lots of gossip, at times it is like being in high school

Advice to Management

Refocus on the priorities of the company and admit when things are not going well in certain areas. Pretending something is successful and adding fuel to a dumpster fire of a project to save face is bad for the company as a whole

3. "None"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Leading provider of risk management services for its owners for over 30 years. Stable.

Cons

Very political organization that has the opportunity to review its value to its owners and stake holders by leveraging the intellectual and financial assets it has access......

Advice to Management

None

4. "Working at CRICO"

Former Employee - Facilities Assistant in Brookline, MA
    Former Employee - Facilities Assistant in Brookline, MA

I worked at CRICO/RMF (Less than a year)

Pros

CRICO has a great benefits package; including a free public transportation pass, as well as access to cheap movie tickets. The company as small, and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Cons

Most of the employees at the company have been at CRICO for a long time. For new employees, this can make you feel out of place and difficult to fit in the community.

Advice to Management

Less gossip about employees

"Strong values and ethics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CRICO/RMF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CRICO is a great place to work if you want to be connected with the mission of a company. The mission is visible and relatable at all levels of the company. The company also has the strength of knowing where its weaknesses are and has a leadership that is dedicated to making it a great place to work.

Cons

Like other reviewers I would agree that the culture is meeting heavy and management heavy. However, to my earlier 'pro' the leaders of the organization recognize where they can improve and I feel are taking steps to do so.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees and working on creating a positive work environment where everyone feels heard and respected.

"Great minds and big hearts"

I have been working at CRICO/RMF full-time

Pros

We have a fabulous mission (protecting providers and promoting safety), member institutions who value the work we do, a strong President with authenticity and a participative style, a dedicated and experienced leadership team, great benefits and employees that I am proud to work with.

Cons

Great improvements have been made in the past couple of years but we need to keep opening the lines of communication between and within departments

Advice to Management

Keep running the survey each year, reviewing and sharing results with staff - so many other companies fail to do this

"Wonderful mission, smart people, strong benefits"

I have been working at CRICO/RMF full-time

Pros

Being part of an organization that intends to keep its healthcare community the safest and best in the world is a wonderful mission. The staff at CRICO RMF is very bright, motivated, and at the forefront of healthcare safety, education, and data analytics. The organization has solid benefits and cares about employee wellness too.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings - booking time with individuals or teams sometimes gets difficult since there are time conflicts.

Advice to Management

Continue setting strong goals and accomplishing them. Continue caring for employees, as well as working hard towards the organization's mission.

8. "IT management is at odds with company directions"

Former Contractor - Business Solutions Architect in Cambridge, MA
    Former Contractor - Business Solutions Architect in Cambridge, MA

I worked at CRICO/RMF as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great business cause for improving medical practice safety
    Small company where your works is visible, friendly people.
    Financially it is in very good position

Cons

IT Management does not talk to business enough to be on the same page.
    Almost all work is done by different 3d parties with not much common vision for the end result.
    Management has mislead about their plans and intentions for the job scope and duration of the contract.
    Commute is lengthy and costly

Advice to Management

It need to focus on company's values and get your act together. Savings on engaging 3d part is eroded by discontinuity between their

9. "Let's have a meeting to discuss the next upcoming meeting."

I worked at CRICO/RMF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good- health insurance, MBTA pass, Education assistance, generous paid time off. Flexible work schedule. Opportunities for growth in your well liked. Some departments were better managed than others.

Cons

When I left there was a lot of changes going on in the company. Seems to be a lot of favoritism. Postilions were created out of thin air to advance to the "right" people.