CRIF Lending Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Carlo Gherardi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We were allowed to work from home once per week (in 3 reviews)

• CRIF has really stepped up to the plate to help us with the flooding in Baton Rouge (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • People are struggling with work/home life balance but no one seems to care (in 3 reviews)

• Ceo is in Italy --too far to manage the Atlanta office or oversee the foolishness that was going on in the Denver office (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"CRIF has really shown me that they care!"

Pros

CRIF has really stepped up to the plate to help us with the flooding in Baton Rouge. I am truly impressed, and proud to be an employee of such a great organization. They allowed us two weeks of time off to put our lives back together... PAID! I was so worried about my job, I didn't have much time off when this awful disaster happened. The two weeks of time really helped us focus on putting our lives back together. This alone would have been an extreme blessing.
    Within the first week, they gave us $500.00 to help with immediate needs. They created a CRIF fund and the employees donations were matched by the owner. I believe they told us that including the match they raised over 70K! This was distributed to the employees who were affected. Can I tell you, this experience has truly humbled me. I have heard of companies locally that did nothing! CRIF and the CRIF family, really came to our rescue, and for that we are forever grateful!

Cons

There are always things that could improve, but these are small in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep up showing your staff how awesome it is to work here!

Dec 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize our employees are our biggest asset and we strive every day to support all employees in whatever way possible. We're sorry you were impacted by the floods... More

2. "Not fantastic but not terrible either."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The amount of time off you get is unparalleled and you get even more the longer you're in. Pay is fair. The right boss can make all the difference. I have a great one and I know a lot of other great managers too. (Baton Rouge). The American HR Department tries their best to make CRIF a great place.

Cons

The company is owned by an Italian business and they have made financial decisions to severely cut staff and close American offices - that's where you'll get a good chunk of the bad reviews from. They are making steps that seem like they are aiming to close the Baton Rouge office and consolidate more to the Atlanta office. The Denver office seems kind of rough to work at based on the reviews. If you join CRIF Lending and aren't of the Atlanta office, your job will be at risk by Italian heads. The American heads seem empathetic when this happens, at least.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I suppose. If Italy says you gotta go, you gotta go, I figure. Keep being supportive, US offices.

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for the Baton Rouge area is very good. Health benefits are excellent, and the vacation allowance is awesome. If you're a technology geek, you'll get access to some of the latest and greatest toys.

Cons

The company is run from their headquarters in Italy who don't seem to have a good understanding of U.S. work culture or client expectations. Their new products are pretty miserable, and very few of their clients had anything positive to say about it while I was there. The Baton Rouge office will probably be downsized and closed completely in the next few years.

Advice to Management

Stop replying to the comments on Glassdoor...you're embarrassing yourself.

4. ""Caring Company That Is People Driven""

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company gave me my first chance to lead a team. They are very entrepreneurial in spirit, and listen to, and are willing to act on ideas that our outside the box. Great family and work balance, with lots of vacation. Don't micro-manage their people, but instead encourage them and reward them when they succeed.

Cons

Large company so sometimes things but slow but pro's definitely outweigh the cons

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward, and don't change the culture you have, that encourages open thought and company-wide input.

5. "Get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Crif Select in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Crif Select in Denver, CO

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with from all over the world. Feeling of reward. Good pay, and great hours. Its a giant International company yet has a smaller feeling here in the USA.

Cons

Offices are in different time zones. Communication can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people.

"Worst Company EVER! Very, Very POOR MANAGEMENT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

401K match is dollar for dollar up to 6%

Cons

I have worked for several companies and CRIF is by far the worst managed. Managers don't know Basic Business 101. They don't know how to communicate, motivate, delegate, etc. They play favoritism and have no compassion. Reactive instead of proactive.One of the upper managers was a salesperson so he tells you what you want to hear even if it's not the truth. Another Upper manager is from Accounting so he is a cheap penny pincher. Management provides NO support for most, large departments. They don't communicate unless we ask them a question. The Managers told the employees to write a good review here since they were getting bad reviews.Very Brave! The positive reviews from this year are from management. The computers are super slow and the dept that supports them works Part Time, again No Support for the staff. This company has lost many good employees since the last manager took over about a year ago. He is a rookie who chooses not to learn what the department does. They are on a fast downhill slide and the best decision I made was to leave.

Advice to Management

Hire management who know how to manage people. Who are compassionate and can communicate. Don't overwork good employees so hard they are forced to leave.

Dec 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your time with CRIF wasn't more positive. We strive to develop all of our employees, particularly our management team to respond to the needs of our... More

7. "Great company to work for, lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO policy is awesome
    The people are great
    The company cares about its employees (company matching donations to help people in Baton Rouge office during the flooding, when many CRIF employees lost their homes/vehicles/etc.)

Cons

Work from home policy could be better
    Pay could be better

Advice to Management

HR should be looking at the market rate for their employees jobs and should have someone tasked with reviewing employee salaries. There are employees here doing the same job, with the same job title, and similar experience, who are being paid SIGNIFICANTLY less than their colleagues. What does that say to your employees?

Dec 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. CRIF utilizes different compensation sources to benchmark all employee salaries. We pride ourselves on providing competitive and fair salaries for all of our employees... More

8. "Incredible entrepreneurial experience"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company provides every opportunity no matter what level an employee may be in the organization to provide ideas. Management is always seeking advice and how to improve.

Cons

There is always so much going on in CRIF knowing how to prioritize can be tough! But there is ample opportunity for us all to work together to solve anything!

Advice to Management

Keep the doors open for communication and keep accepting our wonderful employee advice!

9. "A Positive Work Experience for Myself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

o The best benefits package I have ever had with great 401K matching. The PTO is excellent so if you don’t get sick you end up with significant vacation time since the PTO combines your time off for vacation and sick time together.
    o Relaxed work environment where jeans and polo shirts are acceptable most days.
    o Competitive salaries
    o Many different projects to work on so it is never boring. I feel challenged in my current position.

Cons

o Much of the development is outsourced so there are limited developer opportunities. Contract programmers are used from Mexico and Bratislava.

Advice to Management

The employees of the Atlanta office are some of the best I have ever worked with. Management should use this expertise to design exciting and new software offerings in the financial industry.

Jun 27, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to see your recognize the comprehensive and lucrative benefits CRIF offers to our employees. We continue to expand our suite of software offerings to our... More

"Great place to learn and grow with an international company"

Current Employee - President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - President in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great culture and unbelievable advancement opportunities. This company has the feel of a caring organization, yet the opportunities of a global organization. Industry leaders in the automotive industry. The owner puts all the profit back into the organization.

Cons

Because of the constant growth, travel can be heavy at times.