CRIF Lending Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Carlo Gherardi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CRIF has really stepped up to the plate to help us with the flooding in Baton Rouge (in 4 reviews)

• The American HR Department tries their best to make CRIF a great place (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • People are struggling with work/home life balance but no one seems to care (in 3 reviews)

• Our product lines are constantly changing (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"CRIF has really shown me that they care!"

Pros

CRIF has really stepped up to the plate to help us with the flooding in Baton Rouge. I am truly impressed, and proud to be an employee of such a great organization. They allowed us two weeks of time off to put our lives back together... PAID! I was so worried about my job, I didn't have much time off when this awful disaster happened. The two weeks of time really helped us focus on putting our lives back together. This alone would have been an extreme blessing.
    Within the first week, they gave us $500.00 to help with immediate needs. They created a CRIF fund and the employees donations were matched by the owner. I believe they told us that including the match they raised over 70K! This was distributed to the employees who were affected. Can I tell you, this experience has truly humbled me. I have heard of companies locally that did nothing! CRIF and the CRIF family, really came to our rescue, and for that we are forever grateful!

Cons

There are always things that could improve, but these are small in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep up showing your staff how awesome it is to work here!

CRIF Lending Solutions Response

Dec 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize our employees are our biggest asset and we strive every day to support all employees in whatever way possible. We're sorry you were impacted by the floods... More

2. "Its a good place to work"

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

I have worked here for almost 5 years. There has been a lot of ups and downs. When leadership changed most recently things have been improving. Everyone is really working together to make this a good work environment.

Cons

We still have a lot of work... but it is a job, right? There is a lot to do always.

Advice to Management

Keep working on making things better. So far what you are doing is working. Keep working to make it easy to work at Crif.

3. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accrued time, flexibility of hours and the dress code.

Cons

No Sops. You are expected to write up your own.

Advice to Management

Management should be more visible and not so quick to point fingers.

"CIO Crif"

I worked at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

Carl Chinoy, CIO, was on the Technology Association of Georgia -- TAG-Ed--- Board. TAG-Ed is a 501 (C)(3) formed by TAG, which helps serve K-12 youth with relative and hands on STEM initiatives. He was an effective leader, organizer, active in fundraising and provided valuable insight into software programs. I would say in all, he was a great asset and provided a great service to the overall program and the community.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

5. "Not fantastic but not terrible either."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The amount of time off you get is unparalleled and you get even more the longer you're in. Pay is fair. The right boss can make all the difference. I have a great one and I know a lot of other great managers too. (Baton Rouge). The American HR Department tries their best to make CRIF a great place.

Cons

The company is owned by an Italian business and they have made financial decisions to severely cut staff and close American offices - that's where you'll get a good chunk of the bad reviews from. They are making steps that seem like they are aiming to close the Baton Rouge office and consolidate more to the Atlanta office. The Denver office seems kind of rough to work at based on the reviews. If you join CRIF Lending and aren't of the Atlanta office, your job will be at risk by Italian heads. The American heads seem empathetic when this happens, at least.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I suppose. If Italy says you gotta go, you gotta go, I figure. Keep being supportive, US offices.

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for the Baton Rouge area is very good. Health benefits are excellent, and the vacation allowance is awesome. If you're a technology geek, you'll get access to some of the latest and greatest toys.

Cons

The company is run from their headquarters in Italy who don't seem to have a good understanding of U.S. work culture or client expectations. Their new products are pretty miserable, and very few of their clients had anything positive to say about it while I was there. The Baton Rouge office will probably be downsized and closed completely in the next few years.

Advice to Management

Stop replying to the comments on Glassdoor...you're embarrassing yourself.

"Under paid and Favoritism"

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management tries to be personable
    Free once a month lunch. ummm ..Yay I guess?😒
    Small office.
    HR tries to make it a fun place. Thank you Renee 😊
    The newer employees are very nice

Cons

Bad all around management.
    Poor communication skills by EVERYONE.
    More of a reactive company, instead of a proactive company.
    Very good at being hypocrites.
    Does not abide by their own rules.
    The left never knows what the right is doing.
    A LOT of favoritism in that office.
    The pay is way below the market value.
    Promises are hardly kept. (Better get it in writing)
    Seniority issues... people who have been there too long appear to be snotty.
    A lot of deception in that office.

Advice to Management

Not sure what to tell you because people can say things to your faces but nothing ever changes.

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

CRIF overall is a great place to work and truly cares about their employees. We all pull together to help out employees who are in need (i.e. floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, tornados, etc) throughout the world. The environment world-wide is much like "family" and everyone pulls together to share their support and encouragement for each other. I would recommend CRIF to anyone I know who is looking for a great opportunity to expand their skills.

Cons

Everything is positive in working for this company.

9. "Amazing Place To Work!!!"

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

I love working for this company!!! The benefits and PTO provided are unmatched by my pervious employers. I am able to grow my knowledge by being allowed to learn different aspects of our business. The company also promotes within when given the chance. I have seen people start from the bottom to rise up to management positions.

Cons

Communication from top down used to be an issue, but I believe it is on the mends with some new changes that have been implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to those in your team. They are the ones that will help you succeed in your tasks.

10. "Get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Crif Select in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Crif Select in Denver, CO

I have been working at CRIF Lending Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with from all over the world. Feeling of reward. Good pay, and great hours. Its a giant International company yet has a smaller feeling here in the USA.

Cons

Offices are in different time zones. Communication can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people.