CRISTA Ministries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Lonac

1. "And exceptional organization and an exceptional place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive, Media Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive, Media Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

First class organization with first class leadership from top to bottom. I worked eight years for the Media division (Radio station advertising sales). It was a great experience.

Cons

In radio and media advertising, sales can be easier or more difficult based fluctuation in the business market. Clients can be lost at no fault of your own, dramatically affecting your income. Job requires excellent relationship and organizational skills, which is not a negative, but needs to be considered.

2. "Awesome place to work (if you are not in it for the money)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, work remotely, family oriented, caring leadership

Cons

low pay, marginal benefits, minimal time off

3. "Admin"

Former Employee - Administrator in Shoreline, WA
    Former Employee - Administrator in Shoreline, WA

I worked at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What a great place to work. Mission and values driven, great leadership, shared vision. Ministry heads truly love God and serve with all their hearts. The reach and influence touches millions of lives. So many positive improvements over the last few years. I loved my time there.

Cons

Not a con but more of s challenge. Working in such a complex organization really forces us to work together and believe the best in each other.

Advice to Management

You are amazing. I am so thankful to have worked here. I grew in my walk with God because you invested in my life. Now I'm passing those same things to others.

5. "Incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Street Team in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Street Team in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at CRISTA Ministries part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic work environment, amazing coworkers, flexible hours, great pay... Great way to earn some money on the side.

Cons

Being in school, it's sometimes difficult to find shifts that don't interfere with classes.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, organization has been a problem, like not having the right equipment for events and stuff like that. But other than that, everything's been great!

"A place with the presence of the Lord."

Current Employee - Receptionist Senior Community in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Receptionist Senior Community in Shoreline, WA

Pros

When I first set foot in Crista Senior Community, I felt the presence of the Lord. A relationship with the Lord is what most residents and co-workers share resulting in unity. There's order, purpose at Crista and a sense of fulfillment working there. The campus is well kept and lovely.

Cons

As I work there on an on-call basis, sometimes it's frustrating not being familiar with the daily routine and all the employees.

"Overworked"

Former Employee - Accountant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Seattle, WA

I worked at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parking, nice campus. The Controller while I was there was nice, she's no longer there. She knew how to award hard work with extra pay, extra days off, ordering food for lunch and dinner when she knew we'd have long days, letting us off early the day before holidays etc.

Cons

The department I was a part of (Accounting) was way overworked and high in turnover. Lack of support, playing favorites, terrible attitudes, terrible compensation, shifting of work. The entire time I was at CRISTA there was someone leaving almost every other month. It seemed like management did not look into the cause of turnover. Pay increases were not enough to keep up with inflation. I think even if they were fully staffed it would still not be enough. It does not make sense to have only 1 payroll person (not even an accountant) or 2 accounts payable people for the volume at Crista. HR should be processing HR and pay related changes. Someone is needed to specialize in banking and investments. Software implementation is tasked in this department which makes no sense, probably a job for IT. I don't think people really understand what they are doing, they're just doing what was done before them. People had to take on duties that they knew nothing about or was not part of their job description. Managers would shift duties to you if it was something they did not want to take the time to understand.

Advice to Management

Figure out the turnover issue. EVERYONE'S job needs to be slimmed down. Compensation and reward needs to be increased. More knowledgeable bodies need to be added. Really scrutinize whether a project or task should lie in Accounting.

"Healthcare worker-very satisfied with teamwork model"

Current Employee - Skilled Nursing Center in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Skilled Nursing Center in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work! Supportive co-workers and managers. I work hard but love my job. Lots of opportunity. Company has excellent vision and mission

Cons

Far from my home. Long commute. Need more processes in place to improve work flow

Advice to Management

Provide growth from within. This is a great company to work for. Continue to improve processes.

"Poorly managed and run"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at CRISTA Ministries (More than 10 years)

Pros

Crista seems to go above and beyond to create and maintain diverse team. The grounds are well kept and well maintained.

Cons

Poor management and high turnover in leadership. Little training given to ramp up, very little structure and processes in place. Supervisor team should be better trained in handling conflicts, harassment, and sensitive information in the workplace. Very political, which is unfortunate because they have a lot of people who believe in the mission.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing for your employees, not just the bare legal minimum

"Working for a non-profit has its up's and down's"

Former Employee - Administrative Support in Shoreline, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Support in Shoreline, WA

I worked at CRISTA Ministries part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, Christian based non-profit that strives to improve all aspects of life for all walks of life. They have a school, radio station, global outreach, and senior living all on one campus. You get to meet a lot of people who all hold the same beliefs as you.

Cons

I was employed as a part-time employee, and was eventually cross-trained for other positions. I worked well over 40 hours a week to cover for holidays, sick days and vacation days for staff at the nursing center. Yet, when I asked to be made full-time to receive the benefits of a full time employee I was told no because "they couldn't afford" to pay me those kinds of benefits.

Advice to Management

They couldn't keep upper management. There was no sense of open door policy with the higher-ups at all, which causes a real hierarchy among the staff.

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at CRISTA Ministries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of opportunity to grow and be promoted if you fit into the culture. The majority of staff have received promotions from the time they started. It is a very mission driven organization. Great leadership and enthusiasm. The people and culture are great.

Cons

Hiring and orientation are not comprehensive enough to "weed out" those who aren't really a cultural fit. It then becomes awkward with new hires who don't really get it and wonder why it isn't working for them. This isn't really their fault. These pieces should have been caught during the interview phase.

Advice to Management

Stay faithful to God's call. Keep striving for excellence. Do a better job of hiring those who exemplify the culture you want. Don't be driven for just technical excellence. Find people who will contribute to a vital, growing, Christian community.