CROSSMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Part-time you can pic days you want to work (in 85 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good fellow workers (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • not vacation for part time employees (in 87 reviews)

• No raises--what you start with you end with (in 62 reviews)

1. "Very low pay"

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in South Florida, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working on a team and can be rewarding.

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees, low pay compared to some newer merchandising companies, very inconsistent schedules and lack of regard for employees needs.

Advice to Management

Do more to provide 32 hours a week for your part-timerst. A person shouldn't have multiple jobs to survive in this world.

Apr 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! The nature of our business and our client's business is varied, but we are working on a better scheduling system.

2. "merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pick my own time for projects

Cons

this company sucks. If you never want to see a raise, and your reimbursements for your mileage extremely low, and training is almost none existent, and talking to your supervisor is almost always never because they won't email you or text you back, or even phone you back, then this is the job for you. GOOD LUCK...stay away.

Advice to Management

GIVE PEOPLE THEIR RAISES THAT THEY HAVE EARNED.. I haave worked for you for 7 years and never have gotten a raise. I only stay because I am on SSDI...

Apr 6, 2017

"Data Collection Position"

Former Employee - Data Collection in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Data Collection in Lakewood, CO

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have some control over your schedule. You work independently.

Cons

Too low of pay for what they are expecting you to do. Struggle to get paid the proper mileage and to get paid for time spent on reporting data, communication, organizing schedules, etc. You will spend a lot of time on things you do not get paid for. I tried adding this time and they did not pay me for it. If you have a mileage or driving time dispute (they will calculate in a way that is most advantageous to them), you will be on the phone with corporate unpaid for 30 minutes. You are WAY better of just getting a job in like fast food or retail for $10 per hour.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. Also, note that the automatic mileage calculation is a major inconvenience. The system puts things in how it wants which typically does not pay the employee the mileage they should be getting. You then have to call to get it adjusted and waste at least 30 minutes of unpaid time.

Mar 10, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience!

5. "Nice if just want to make some extra $ on side"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Bronx, NY

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Flexibility with schedule-limited supervision-learning to cope with all types of people

Cons

No raises-no career advancement-corporate lacks a backbone to do whats right for their employees-no benefits whatsoever for part-time workers-Company has no clear direction for its future

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like a liability and treat them like assets-theres a reason why you lost out to your competion with the demos-no backbone or knowledge of how demos work.Its why Moody downgraded the company-no future

Feb 27, 2017

"Event /Product demonstrator"

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Orlando, FL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Engaging with members of Sams Club

Cons

Poor management. Lack of appreciation for work well done. Negative environment. Upper management is unprofessional. Upper management doesn't care about the front line product demonstrators.

Advice to Management

Communicate and show sincere interest in front line employees. Introduce yourselves to the demonstrators and show respect.

Jan 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience.

"Watch out for dishonesty"

Former Employee - Data Collection in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Data Collection in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company had some good perks, so I thought

Cons

Once again recruiters lie to you about the position to get you to join the company. I was told I would receive a minium of 24hrs a week. When I was called by my Supervisor to set up training, the story was very different from what I was told by the recruiter. My Supervisor told me I would get 9-10hrs a week.

Advice to Management

Train your recruiters properly!

Jan 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We will be sure to pass this along to our recruiting team.

"Run away don't apply save yourself!"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

Pros

A paycheck.....and even then a poor a.s.s. paycheck. People we are so much more valuable! Because of us you all in the office have jobs ! Currently working for their competitor at $3.00 more per hour than what crossmark paid.

Cons

Management, Pay, no wage increase after 5 years. God forbid if you ask for one as they tell you..."Your lucky you even have a job" the company, is not making enough money right now. All kinds of excuses. Hardly any reimbursement for using your car paid @.25 per mile. They expect you to make this job your MOST important job and treat it better than you do your full time job... Once again I was a part time merchandising rep! I received no medical,dental or vision insurance....why would I jeopardize my benefits from my full time job? This company will treat you like a dog, waiting for a treat! DON'T APPLY AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN !

Advice to Management

Give raises for reps that execute 100% every week! I was hired in part time but get full time hours, you only want reps in store between 8a to 5p...... how are we supposed to live on the wages you pay us and lose our full time jobs! WE ARE HUMAN, we do so much more for you than you can or will ever do for us....you use people, abuse them and never offer a raise. Yet new hires are hired in at a higher rate, have little/no experience and never complete 100 % execution. All of you should go out and work our jobs for a week or two, then you would complain about pay as well....

Feb 27, 2017

Hi there. We always strive to improve as an organization. We see that you are marked as a former employee, however, we'd like to hear more specifics so that we can address the issues you've raised ... More

"No Professionalism"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Waukesha, WI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

The hours were flexible, so if you are in school that is kind of a plus. Pretty easy job there's not much to it.

Cons

The supervisor in control, had no business with that position. Brought personal feelings into play and openly admitted to doing so. Telling people whom they targeted firing, no disciplinary action taken unless the supervisor disliked you personally, purposely decreased work hours on personal feelings. No commission.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. We, as a company, want to create a positive work environment for everyone. Can you please e-mail us at HRAnswerLine@crossmark.com outlining your concerns so ... More

10. "Product demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

The members and Sam's associates are very nice.

Cons

No one fully helps train. The link is down? So the newhires get yelled and talked down to. Worst job I have ever ge

Advice to Management

Less judgemental people would help you go a long way.

Nov 28, 2016

Hi there. We always strive to improve as an organization. We'd like to hear more specifics so that we can address the issues you've raised. Please send us an email outlining the situation to ... More

"Bad company"

Former Employee - Data Collection Associate in Moberly, MO
    Former Employee - Data Collection Associate in Moberly, MO

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule ability to travel work independently

Cons

Supervisors overload you with assignments and get upset when you can't complete

Nov 23, 2016