CROSSMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule--can work stores as your schedule permits as long as you complete work on/before deadline (in 100 reviews)

• Part-time you can pic days you want to work (in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • It is only a part time position (in 100 reviews)

• Not alot of hours and no raises (in 70 reviews)

"Corporate Retail Recruiter"

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time

Pros

Work from home sometimes. Very entry level recruiter position.

Cons

Pay. Goals are not set equal.

Advice to Management

get better sourcing material to find candidates

2. "Decent"

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Terrible benefits, no longer matching 401k

3. "Unorganized mess"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Sparta, WI
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Sparta, WI

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime available most of the time
    Field support is friendly

Cons

Lack of training on new procedures/job requirements
    Lack of tools to complete the job
    Management with no answers
    Constant additional job duties that are not what you sign up for
    Lack of tools/product to complete the jobs

Advice to Management

TRAIN people. 1 day on the job training, and 0 training on new procedures or products. Make sure your reps have the product they need to do the job they are expected to do, Responses from management that include such things as: I know it's ridiculous we don't have the items we need, I'll see if I can come next week to train you on the new procedures, we know our app doesn't work a lot of the timeeting are not acceptable responses. As management it is your responsibility to make sure your employees have the tools to do the job you are asking of them.

4. "crossmark review"

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

good money, met some amazing people.

Cons

only get 12 hours normally, shady management, has no regards for mental illnesses.

Advice to Management

replace.

"A gutted shell of a company with nothing to offer employees."

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Other than a job, there are no pros. This once was a good company who cared about their clients and more importantly cared about their employees.

Cons

Employee benefits have been gutted. Bare bones medical with no max cap and no hospitalization, Urgent Care, Etc. 401K match gone. Life insurance cut in half. Bonus opportunity gone.

Advice to Management

The problems are real. Clients left. Contracts were lost. The problems come from the top. This company can't survive without good Talent. The pay is subpar and now benefits are the worst in the industry. It's hard to attract good people and even harder to keep them. You might satisfy the shareholders one quarter at a time but they won't be pleased when their entire investment tanks. People are your only asset. Treat them with respect. Return to core values and 'do the right thing.'

6. "Reset Merchandiser - Winn Dixie"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Not a lot. Decent starting pay for the type of work. Good work/life balance, thinking about work ends the second you walk out of the door.

Cons

Not enough hours, relying on other team members to carry their load, no benefits or sick time

Advice to Management

Re-organize the teams better, provide sick/vacation time, even 5 days worth of Vacation is a good incentive for being 32 hours a week or less.

"Customer Service Rep."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice building, for most part good, modern equipment to work with, decent training, at that time good people to work with for most part.

Cons

Awful, uncaring, unfeeling management that felt no responsibility for the welfare of those who worked for them. Over the years the work environment grew toxic, cronyism ran rampant, if you were the bosses friend, you were safe, no matter how incompetent you were.

Advice to Management

Worry more about effectiveness over efficiency, get some upper management that knows the business you are in instead of people who merely know how to count pennies and above all, create an environment where people want to work, and want to stay.

"Don't be fooled by recruiter's fast talk"

Current Employee - Product/Event Demonstrator in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Product/Event Demonstrator in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent for this area, the necessary skill base, and the job requirements ($14/hour). Also, there is a semi-flexible schedule although this is entirely dependent upon what events are scheduled for the week. Great job for students still on their parent's health insurance plan or semi-retired individuals seeking to boost their income. You are paid weekly.

Cons

There is no formal training in the traditional sense. Everything you will need to know about the job is learned through a series of online tutorials so take notes and be prepared to hit the ground running on your first day.
    You are only scheduled to work 6 hour shifts which means you are entitled to two- 15 minute breaks and one-30 minute lunch, however, I have yet to be able to take a single 15 minute break or get my full 30 minute lunch because by the time you get your cart in order to leave you have eaten up 5-10 minutes of your scheduled break time.
    Also along the same lines, is that you work more than you get paid. For instance, you are scheduled to come in at 11:15 am and leave at 5:45 pm. You have 15 minutes from your arrival time to set up your cart with everything you need for the demo and get out on to the floor. There is never enough time to get everything you need because there are not enough carts, or scissors, or sanitizer bottles, or kitchen utensils, or xyz to get the job done. So I have to come in early to make sure that I can get what I need together or find alternative equipment in time to get on the floor by 11:30 am. This same thing goes for the end of the day - you leave the floor at 5:30 pm and push your cart to the back near the demo kitchen. Then you have to turn in your paperwork, put the dishes in the kitchen for cleaning, remove the trash from your can, get a sanitizer bucket and cloth to wipe down the entire cart, restock the cart with the standard items that were used (paper towels, trash can liners, bandages, etc.), put back any unused demo items (gloves, soufle cups, napkins, sample spoons, etc.), wash the dishes, take the trash to the compactor and find someone with a key to unlock it, dump the sanitizer bucket in the utility sink, put all of the carts in the demo kitchen, and then leave. Granted there are multiple people to work on this but we all have the same tasks so we all are leaving past our scheduled time off of 5:45 pm. The kicker is we can only report the 6 hours for pay. Any time beyond that is free labor.
    There are too many employees per store so hours are scarce. If it isn't the holidays, many employees barely get enough hours to make the job worthwhile.
    The recruiter promises benefits such as health insurance and 401k for part-time employees so long as you work 16-20 hours a week. With so many employees and only 6 hour shifts, nobody gets enough hours to get health insurance. Health insurance was a major enticement for this job only to find out after accepting the job and starting the position that I am one of 26 people who work during the week meaning nobody works enough hours to qualify for benefits. It's quite the bait and switch technique.

Advice to Management

Please allot for more time to get everything completed at the end of the day. This can be accomplished by either: 1) extending the length of time the shift lasts, or, 2) having employees leave the floor earlier.
    My second piece of advice to management is to educate your recruiters about the employment requirements necessary to obtain both health insurance and retirement benefits. It does Crossmark a disservice to mislead people into applying for a job in hopes of securing benefits at part-time status if that is very unlikely to actually happen.

9. "CROSSMARK underpays a d descriminates."

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are actually some genuine people who work there that will help and guide you.

Cons

Pay is under industry standard for corporate employees, and they have no problem hiring you under their own pay ranges.

Advice to Management

Pay corporate employees what they are worth, and stop running away clients that have been with the company forever.

10. "Retail merchandiser"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex schedule
    Nice building

Cons

I was not impressed by management
    High turn over rate
    Management was constantly threatening everyone’s position

Showing 268 of 1,502 reviews