CROSSMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Schuckenbrock

1,373 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It is only a part time position (in 93 reviews)

• Not alot of hours and no raises (in 65 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not bad, not bad at all"

Pros

-You get to demo product at Sam's Club to members
    -Your day starts no earlier than 10am most days
    -Decent pay for what it is
    -You do get recognition at times.

Cons

I've only been here a short while, but the biggest con right now is the hours. Shifts are 6 hours long and sometimes events get cancelled or postponed at the last minute. So you can look at your schedule one day and the next day it's changed with a day missing or a day added. This kind of inconsistency makes it rough for people with a second job or other prior engagements because you may be working one day, then poof, event's gone and day wasted. This inconsistency also makes it rough to make it a job where you can rely on stable hours so you don't need to work a second job. It's considered part-time, but can pick up more hours if you'd like...that is, if there are any more events during the week to pick up.

Another con, which is small but one nonetheless is that you can be demoing ANYTHING. Most of it is food (and members eat that up quite literally) but some of what you have to demo is non-food product, or sometimes really expensive items (I remember someone trying to sell a camera valued at $850). You have to be a literal sales god to sell these things and depending on where you are (ie: lower income areas), they're not selling at all. So keep that in mind, read up on it and you may be able to convince someone. Also, fruit usually sells itself, so you'll be in the middle of your selling song and dance and they've already grabbed the fruit after sampling it to buy some. xD

Advice to Management

I happen to love this job. It's easily the best job I've ever had and I wish the hours were more consistent. I'd also love to see a variety of product demo'd.

Aug 29, 2016 – HR Coordinator

We are glad you are loving your role! The nature of our business and our client's business is varied, but we are working on a better scheduling system. Stay tuned for updates!

2. "Event Specialist"

Current Employee - Demo Event Specialist in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Demo Event Specialist in Columbus, GA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy and love my job.

Cons

But dont get enough hours.

3. "not worth it, underpaid fulltime"

Former Employee - Retail Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

used to have the flexibility of working from home some days, not anymore.
     not having to clock in or out.

Cons

although on salary 32k for 40 hrs the company demands working 50 +hrs. Company constantly changes, you will be forced to work from home on your work computer, babysit adults, calls on days offs, forced to attend to work on days off, pick up the slack of the clueless lazy coworkers for the benefit of the company.
    Good employees are not rewarded and when the company gives bonuses is not depending of your hard work but for the sales the store you're in makes..so if you work hard but you are in a place doesn't sell you don't get a thing!
    No raises, no bonuses, plenty non paid over time.
    The only positions to go up is supervisor 32k and then district manager 45K

Advice to Management

Pay more to your hard workers, instead of replace them with another body! Is sad part-time or fulltime employees makes more than a supervisor.Stores with high volume of sales or specialty program should get more money just for the hassle the push to make the program successful or the changes.

Aug 17, 2017

Hi there. We always strive to improve as an organization. We see that you are marked as a former employee, however, we'd like to hear more specifics so that we can address the issues you've raised... More

4. "Crossmark Product Demonstrator Review"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

They Hire quickly and work is not difficult depending on role.

Cons

Upper management above your supervisor can be a pain.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

5. "Get Hired, Never Hear From Them Again"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Davie, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Davie, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

The training is really good. You have to watch a ton of videos but by the end of it you'll have a complete understanding of what a typical assignment looks like and how to complete it.

So far, that's all I can say has been good during my experience with Crossmark so far.

Cons

Crossmark is a company that has been around for more than 100 years. 100 YEARS!!! They have thousands of employees yet they can't seem to get one fundamental thing right after all this time: WHEN YOU HIRE NEW EMPLOYEES SET THEM UP FOR SUCCESS.

I was hired by them almost 3 weeks ago. I underwent all of their training courses online and had my welcome call with their Field Support. After that, we scheduled my first call with who is to be my manager. He was the one that agreed to it. On this call is where I was supposed to get my first schedule and assignment. At the last minute, he decides he can't attend the meeting. So the call was useless. Here I am still waiting for my first schedule and assignment. I've reached out to several other contacts within Crossmark and not ONE SINGLE PERSON can respond. The freaking manager STILL has not reached out to me.

How is this possible. With all of this experience, they have as a company they leave new hires hanging like this. And I am not the only one. I've met at least 3 other new hires who are in the same situation as me.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY SCHEDULE IS. That's all I'm after. I just want to get to work.

Advice to Management

This is as simple as it gets. Ensure that you have the new hire process completely secured and it flows properly. New hires should NEVER feel abandoned, especially when you're a company that repeatedly mentions how important your workforce is. Put more pressure on your field managers to make their first call a priority and get new hires out on the field as quickly as possible.

Aug 17, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback. Please e-mail our Human Resources department directly so we can further assist you.

6. "Great job For college students!"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

weekly pay check is a plus!

Cons

shortage of hours and poor training

Aug 17, 2017

We're glad you are loving your role and agree that these roles are great for students! Thank you for sharing!

7. "Event Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

The events were fun to work when everything went right... but...

Cons

...most often things didn't go right. Lots of miscommunication, bad management and too much stress and headache for what they were willing to pay.

Advice to Management

Be realistic about what can reasonably be expected out of the people who work for you.

Aug 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience.

8. "It's A good company"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Temple, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have a set schedule and you work on your own time.

Cons

Not alot of hours and no raises.

Advice to Management

Do quarterly reviews or something and give employees a raise.

Aug 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience.

9. "Great job. Very stressful at times."

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Joplin, MO

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You were able to work with good people and every day brought new challenges. You also were able to learn new skills.

Cons

I was in a job where I was having to deal with the public and sometimes that was a very tough thing to do and people could be difficult.

Advice to Management

Try to be sympathetic to the difficulties of having to be on your feet all day and dealing with people which can be hard and tiring.

10. "Event Specialist"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved only working 2-3 days a week

Cons

Never knew more than a few days ahead what days you would work the following week.

Advice to Management

Need to let employees know 2 weeks ahead for scheduling like the job description states

Showing 1,373 of 1,396 reviews