CROSSMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 29, 2017
1,267 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,267 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Part-time you can pic days you want to work (in 85 reviews)

• I love having a flexible schedule and the ability to work independently (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • not vacation for part time employees (in 86 reviews)

• No raises--what you start with you end with (in 62 reviews)

1. "Retail customer service"

I worked at CROSSMARK (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work independently
    Make own schedule

Cons

Lack of hours
    Use own car

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts.

"Let's Make this CompanyGreat Again"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

Pros

Flexible hours. Paid every week.

Cons

Hours fluctuate greatly, some weeks 5 hours others 30. On 4th manager in a year. Upper management had made the decision to combine different areas and eliminate managerial positions. This caused many managers to spend most of their time scheduling employees over and over. The software system was revamped causing massive confusion and incorrect data which still is going on. It's a shame that someone in Corporate made a poor decision and the company stuck with it which caused the loss of most of their good customers and employees. As soon as new employees are hired the experienced ones are leaving making your drive over 1 hour for 20 min project just to cover the gap.

Advice to Management

Fix your mistakes before it too late if it isn't already. Let's make this company great again.

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience.

3. "An enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company does some social things to have fun. Townhall meetings show some transparency and direction company is trying to go.

Cons

Company talks about how growth is important to them but has no programs openly available to grow. Especially for those in an entry level position. No Martin Luther King day off.

Advice to Management

You are going to loose a lot of young people if their is no way to advance in their career.

Dec 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We will be sure to pass this along to our leadership teams.

5. "Watch out for dishonesty"

Former Employee - Data Collection in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Data Collection in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company had some good perks, so I thought

Cons

Once again recruiters lie to you about the position to get you to join the company. I was told I would receive a minium of 24hrs a week. When I was called by my Supervisor to set up training, the story was very different from what I was told by the recruiter. My Supervisor told me I would get 9-10hrs a week.

Advice to Management

Train your recruiters properly!

Jan 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We will be sure to pass this along to our recruiting team.

"Its okay....very flexible"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Flexible schedule, make your own hours, get paid for travel time. Work on your own, be your own boss essentially

Cons

Pay isn't great, sometimes work is slow which affects your pay. Sometimes you are sent all over the place to do a small project that isnt worth the travel time

Dec 1, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback.

7. "Don't do it"

Pros

None, don't go to work there

Cons

No training, they just throw you out there with a POG.

Advice to Management

Fix it

Dec 13, 2016

Hi there. We always strive to be better as an organization and what you mention here is not normal apractice. Please contact us at the HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com so that we can address the concerns ... More

"Waste of time"

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay, flexibility, work alone, starter job, interesting clients

Cons

Not enough work, inconsistent, unorganized, outdated system. You are just a number to these people.

Advice to Management

Sell the company

Dec 13, 2016

Hi there. We are always aiming to improve our organization. Can you please send us an email outlining your experience and how we can help to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com. Thank you!

9. "Working"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Cedaredge, CO
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Cedaredge, CO

I have been working at CROSSMARK (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, exciting. You learn a lot about the products you are sampling out and trying to sell. You also learn a lot about the regular customers that come into the store.

Cons

Not regular working hours. Sometimes you can work 5 days a week and other times one day per month. You weekends and if you are unable to work you are suppose to find your own replacement for that day.

10. "Work"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to make my own hours most of the time

Cons

Some weeks you are going to work really long weeks, and then some you have no hours at all

Dec 5, 2016

We're glad you are loving your role and the flexibility that comes with the scheduling!

"Run away don't apply save yourself!"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

Pros

A paycheck.....and even then a poor a.s.s. paycheck. People we are so much more valuable! Because of us you all in the office have jobs ! Currently working for their competitor at $3.00 more per hour than what crossmark paid.

Cons

Management, Pay, no wage increase after 5 years. God forbid if you ask for one as they tell you..."Your lucky you even have a job" the company, is not making enough money right now. All kinds of excuses. Hardly any reimbursement for using your car paid @.25 per mile. They expect you to make this job your MOST important job and treat it better than you do your full time job... Once again I was a part time merchandising rep! I received no medical,dental or vision insurance....why would I jeopardize my benefits from my full time job? This company will treat you like a dog, waiting for a treat! DON'T APPLY AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN !

Advice to Management

Give raises for reps that execute 100% every week! I was hired in part time but get full time hours, you only want reps in store between 8a to 5p...... how are we supposed to live on the wages you pay us and lose our full time jobs! WE ARE HUMAN, we do so much more for you than you can or will ever do for us....you use people, abuse them and never offer a raise. Yet new hires are hired in at a higher rate, have little/no experience and never complete 100 % execution. All of you should go out and work our jobs for a week or two, then you would complain about pay as well....

Feb 27, 2017

Hi there. We always strive to improve as an organization. We see that you are marked as a former employee, however, we'd like to hear more specifics so that we can address the issues you've raised ... More

Showing 1,267 of 1,289 reviews