CROSSMARK Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 22, 2017
1,247 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,247 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Part-time you can pic days you want to work (in 85 reviews)

• I love having a flexible schedule and the ability to work independently (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • not vacation for part time employees (in 83 reviews)

• No raises--what you start with you end with (in 61 reviews)

1. "Sales Represenative"

Pros

Great company to work for. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Usually you can do a store on the way and on the way home, but In some cases you have to drive 40 miles before mileage reimbursement.

Jan 26, 2017

We're glad you are loved your role and the flexibility that comes with the scheduling!

2. "Crossmark Event Specialist"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Crossmark. I enjoy talking and meeting new people. I love a challenge of meeting the product sales goal outlined in the event manuals. I love to cook and really enjoyed discovering new foods that my kids might like before I spend my money on it and the customers loved that aspect too, of course. I like that each day was never the same day, although some events would be repeated, which just made it easier because you already learned the best ways to accomplish a successful event. I also really liked the people I worked with at the Walmart Store in Kenosha, WI. They are like family.

Cons

Not enough hours, some weeks you worked one day. Other weeks you worked four days. Being a widowed single mother with two teenagers, it is impossible to pay my bills and develop a workable budget with such unpredictable hours. Other issues happen when the store does not have the proper equipment to prepare the samples for the events.

Advice to Management

Communication between the Walmart and Vendors needs to be improved. There were numerous times that I would go to work and was unable to perform the event due to lack of product. If the events are always 5-1/2 hours, and you know who many samples per product you get, how hard is it to calculate. The average number of customers I interacted with at any given event was 300. If the product has 10 items, cut into four pieces you can serve 40 samples. If you serve 300 customers average in a day, divided by 40 samples equals 8. The vendor would need to be sure that there were 8 products available for sampling as well as at least 40 more for customers to purchase, of each of the varieties that are being sampled. So many times when I perform an event, there is no product or very little product available. So you purchase 3 items instead of 8 and there are only 5 left for the customers to purchase if they liked the product. Very embarrassing and frustrating for me and the customers. If I know my schedule two weeks in advance, the vendor also has two weeks to ensure the product is available in the correct store. COMMUNICATION - PRODUCT AVAILABILITY - PROPER EQUIPMENT

Jan 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, experience and for providing the detailed feedback. We're glad you are loving your role!

3. "Retail Supervisor"

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get to work from an in-home office

Cons

Too many reps per supervisor

Advice to Management

Hire more supervisors, so that the current supervisors have more time to work with their retail reps in the field

Feb 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We will be sure to pass this along to our leadership teams.

"Product rat"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Pay is weekly and is over minimum wage.

Cons

Weekends are the only thing.

Jan 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. We're glad you are loving your role!

6. "Easy to Work For Until They Changed Computer Systems"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Easy to input work.

Cons

Unpredictable locations. Had to drive all over the county for short assignments.

Feb 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts and experience. We are working to enhance our systems and processes!

7. "Lead event specialist serving alcohol"

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working for Crossmark until they were bought out by Advantage. Advantage took our jobs, pay is less, alcohol is still the same.

Cons

I was a extreme dedicated worker. They should of researched my status. The rate for Event Specialist is a lower pay.

Advice to Management

In October said we would merge and work together as a team. Two days before Christmas they let many employees go. I believed Company that we had nothing to worry about. No room for advancement.

8. "Nice if just want to make some extra $ on side"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Bronx, NY

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Flexibility with schedule-limited supervision-learning to cope with all types of people

Cons

No raises-no career advancement-corporate lacks a backbone to do whats right for their employees-no benefits whatsoever for part-time workers-Company has no clear direction for its future

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like a liability and treat them like assets-theres a reason why you lost out to your competion with the demos-no backbone or knowledge of how demos work.Its why Moody downgraded the company-no future

"Account executive"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

Crossmark was a great company to work for initially. There were a lot of changes internally that had an overall negative effect on the relationship with manufacturers.

Cons

Not a lot of training involved. Lacked structure and there was a lot of change which was very disruptive to the day to day business.

Advice to Management

Have a training problem for all new hires that teaches the same core values. Systems were a bit complex and were not used for the purpose they were intended.

Jan 13, 2017

10. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, independence, easy job to get.

Cons

Pay ($9.04 hrly) and time/miliage compensation is terrible for expectations and assigned responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Turn over will decrease once compensation is increased. The hourly rate of $9.04 per hour is a joke. I believe food service workers are paid the same or better. Remember: you get what you pay for...

Feb 2, 2017

11. "Crossmark"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Independence, MO
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Independence, MO

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the variety of products that we do. I absolutely love working with public.

Cons

We Lost the contract with Walmart and now we work as a third party for Advantage. This has destroyed our working relationship with in the stores .

Advice to Management

Return to having leads in our stores.

Feb 2, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback. We, as a company, want to create a positive work environment for everyone. Can you please e-mail us at HRAnswerLine@crossmark.com outlining your concerns so ... More

Showing 1,247 of 1,268 reviews