CRST International Reviews | Glassdoor

CRST International Reviews

Updated August 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

I have been here for a little over 6 years and still really enjoy my job here. So obviously they are doing something right. It's hard to believe how much this company has grown since I started. I am so glad to be a part of CRST and can't wait to see what the future holds for this company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Dec 4, 2015 – HR Manager

We appreciate your comments and are glad you are a part of this company.

2. "Stable Company with Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

I have been working here for almost 3 years and have been very impressed with the company. The company is financially debt-free, which not a lot of companies can say! Cedar Rapids is also home to CRST's headquarters, where there are about 600 office individuals who are employed here. You are responsible for creating your own career path, but there are many 'paths' you can take.

Cons

None that I can think of

Dec 4, 2015 – HR Manager

We appreciate your comments and are glad you are a part of CRST

3. "Growing company with great opportunities!"

I have been working at CRST International (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at CRST for just over 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it! Employees in every building make you feel welcome and are friendly. The top management goes out of their way to talk to you. The company is growing and expanding into a new building in downtown CR currently, and the industry is very stable. I would recommend anyone to work for CRST as it is a great place to be!

Cons

There is nothing negative to comment on.

Dec 4, 2015 – HR Manager

We appreciate your comments and are glad you are a part of CRST.

"Pay Sucks"

Pros

Great place to work. Co-workers were so friendly

Cons

Amount of work you do compared to what they pay you needs to be reviewed.

Dec 4, 2015 – HR Manager

We appreciate you being a part of CRST. Without knowing more about what role you are in and having specific details I can not address your pay concern.

"Lack luster"

Current Employee - Brokerage Support Administrative in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Brokerage Support Administrative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at CRST International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allows for you to do work that you want to do. Allows you to explore areas that interest you. Willing to give more work at the drop of a hat, but with consequences.

Cons

Moving up in the company seems to be reserved for a certain few. Getting a raise is few and far between. Any promises of being worked with on goals seems to be just words to make manage to look and feel good.

Advice to Management

Keep your word. Follow through. Worry more about employees to lower turnover rate.

Dec 4, 2015 – HR Manager

We are glad you have had some great experiences. We are proud to report that over 80% of all supervisor and above positions were filled internally thus far in 2015, which I think speaks to our... More

"This is my 3rd time I have worked for tgem and I have never been more frustrated ever."

Current Employee - Lead Driver
    Current Employee - Lead Driver

Pros

Good money, the pay is decent.

Cons

There is alot of equipment issues, and it seems that i have a lot if diwn time out on the road

Advice to Management

Get better equipment and do better planning

"Responese to CRST HR..."

Former Employee - VRT in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - VRT in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at CRST International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I posted a review of this company....and it seems it has many names...CRST Expedited-CRST International-CRST Malone...not to mention their Pacer container division....their Ryerson steel dedicated division...their Home depot dedicated divisions....their STI division...their Besl division...
    The company responded to my review by saying I could contact there HR Dpt. if I had a problem...but they are a part of the problem.They did not listen to my complaints when I was working for them....so I don't think they will listent to me now as a former employee.
    This is the same HR department that did not pay me for 3 MONTHS due to their screw ups....and this happened TWICE!Not just me....but at least 6 employees who worked withing 100ft of me...that had the same problem!
    Can you imagine how many OTHER people had the same problem?
      I had to borrow money from my ROTH to get me through this screw up....and then they SCREWED UP the ROTH loan!
      I swear to GOD...the best thing I can say is to quote a note posted on GOOGLE for a store-"These people are pants on head stupid!!"...and that includes their HR Dpt.
      As I said...top to bottom...I don't know how these guys stay in business.Or why they don't want to improve and have better relations with ALL of their employees-office staff ...and the most important part...their DRIVERS!
    Hey...they can pay for their Masarati's...their 7mil$ houses...so they really don't care about the rest....

Cons

Read above...after 8yrs...trying to make it..and make a change...anybody who lists a good review of this company is either on drugs...or current manegment...I have seen too many people quit...disscusted...frustrated....punching out their monitor....beating up their phone....,calling in to threaten to shoot employees...even the women that work at the main office are scared at night by their open office policy considering the people they hire for their drivers.....

Advice to Management

They wont take advice.....not real advice...like talking to their people.

"Run far away"

Pros

None that I know of

Cons

Treats you like a Hebrew slave

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and if they're diagnosed with a new medical condition have some sort of empathy

"Cookie Cutter Big Wheel Drivers"

I worked at CRST International (More than a year)

Pros

Job. No super-tight deliveries unless its a "Hot Load" Your assumed to be incompetent so your not expected to perform...well.

Cons

Driving with psychopaths and dysfunctional egos that never sleep...disrespect when you sleep (ie) jerking the truck bobtail or loaded....nightmare. Drive 10 months and leave for solo. Don't listen to the 1 Year BS or better yet do a full year and take ANY job you can have a life and a living wage. Small truck companies can be just a small "wanna-be version of the Big Family CRST..or worse!................BEWARE. BEWARE and good luck to you.

Advice to Management

None you are what you are.

10. "New acquisition in 2011 by CRST"

Pros

Needs plenty of help finding who they want to be in the trucking industry.

Cons

Service is 7-10 days anywhere you want service. Driver comp is way too high causing uncompetitive pricing in the market. No carrier depth in their brokerage. No pricing leverage with for hire outside service providers no internal logistics management.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who knows how to run assets. Rebuild your brokerage.