CRST Malone Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Shephard

"Malone"

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Trussville, AL
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Trussville, AL

I worked at CRST Malone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good loads to be found

Cons

No enough lanes or good loads

Advice to Management

Get more customers

2. "DON'T believe them you will be in wires shape"

Former Employee - Driver in Rockwood, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Rockwood, TN

I worked at CRST Malone (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any RUN

Cons

They lie about everything walk a way lease bring the truck back and owe nothing was not.was there 4 months stayed out 3 1/2 months before I got out of the hole ran 1 load a day and sometimes 2 aday still in the hole the more I made the more they took finally got a 0 balance and turned the truck in back to them in moody for them to send me a bill for 4400 saying I owed my last check was 231 they kept it I told them to take me to court if you don't listen to anything listen to this same thing happened to my other 2 buddies that started with me

Advice to Management

Shouldnt lie to people

3. "Good Company to learn from...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Family work life balance
    Don't listen to employee

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees. Get a new facility.

"This company is a JOKE!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Pros

freight only pays good, if you bring your own truck over...DONT lease a truck from there, they will rip you off

Cons

15 cents per mile they charge you on maintenance that you have no control of is a joke, you have to call in and get approvals on money you put it to fix your truck and you they keep the money...The overhead is to expensive on the low quality of truck they give you, you don't get to pick out your own truck and all the trucks they leasing you are old crst expedited trucks that have been beat to the ground and so many maintenance and dot issues. The company has a really bad CSA score which puts your at risk every time you get the road, you will get pulled into the scale pretty much every time even if you go get your own prepass, Im just putting this out here so other drivers can be aware whats really going on over here and come at there own risk, before i come over here i was with 1 trucking company the whole 13 years of my career, decided to make a change and try something new, I'm not one to jump from company to company but if i would've known what I've kno i would've just stayed where i was but this learning lesson has taught me a lot, I'm heading home to go buy my own truck off the lot and go elsewhere but if you do decide to come over to Crst Malone side, you better come with your own truck because thats the only way you going to make some money......

Advice to Management

Management at this Company is the real reason the company is a joke, you have a few that actually care and are honest with you but for the most part all they care about is how they can make money off you, they stand there and tell drivers one thing and then do something totally different and act like they never said that...I communicate with everyone that was in my orientation class and pretty much everyone of them has quit and said the same thing and the last couple that are around are about to quit also, so that should tell you something right there...The companies turn over rate is high for a reason and it starts with Management... Im not being bitter, I'm just want other drivers to be aware if you deciding to make the move and you know whats really going on

6. "total scam"

Former Employee - Owner/Operator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Owner/Operator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CRST Malone (More than a year)

Pros

I really cant think of a single thing good to say right now, so Ill just leave it at that

Cons

Companies like this are what gives an entire industry a bad name. Dont even waste your time on them

Advice to Management

go out of business, please

Aug 9, 2016

Sorry you had a bad experience with us, however we cannot fix the problem if we don't know what is wrong. Feel free to reach out to your Fleet Manager or Human Resources with specific concerns.

7. "OTR Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at CRST Malone (More than a year)

Pros

mileage rate was excellent, if you got some miles.

Cons

Had to go to Alabama to pick up my truck which was abandoned by the previous driver. No IRP cab card. I notified them of this. I kept driving, and got a $500 ticket. His response to the State Trooper was, "Can I fax it to you?" That was my last day.

Advice to Management

Make sure your permits, cab cards, and all your paperwork is in order. Don't ask us to drive after sunset with an oversized load.

"Came over here and lost it all."

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Birmingham, AL

Pros

There were not any pros that I can think of.

Cons

I came to orientation and went through a 5 day orientation, after which I was told we would have to wait on trucks as they had no trucks that were ready. After waiting over two weeks for truck I quit and got another job, They claimed I owed a truck payment for the two weeks even though I was not able to run the truck because it was in the shop and Malone would not authorize it to be repaired. They eventually sent the debt they claimed I owed them to a debt collector and have ruined my credit score. In closing don't work for this company only one driver from my training class got a truck that worked and the rest of us were told we owed for trucks that did not work and we were never able to run with.

9. "I doubt it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockport, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockport, IN

Pros

Decent flatbed training in orientation, fuel discount is good,

Cons

My average pay, as a lease purchase truck driver who doesn't hardly come home, didn't refuse loads, working for CRST Malone, giving accurate etas, fully compliant, since the first week I started, is $494 a week on my first 13 weeks (including advances, discluding unavoidable expenses like tolls and scales). The sad thing is, after my per deim, and actual expenses, I'm honest to God going to legally be able to show making less than zero on my taxes, and I'm still trying to make it work because there were two weeks that were worth it. If it gets better by the time I leave the USA, hopefully for good, I'll update my review

"Worst management"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CRST Malone (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, older women are awesome

Cons

Long hours, bad management, co workers unfriendly, poor training,

Mar 30, 2016

Sorry that you had a bad experience with us. Feel free to reach out to Human Resources with any specific concerns you have.

"No 40 hour weeks here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

I worked at CRST Malone full-time

Pros

Peers are generally fun people, but that may be because we're all in the same boat together.

Cons

This is not a 40-hour a week job.
    Salaried employees routinely work long hours (7am - 5pm minimum) every weekday, and then at least on Saturday (8am - 12pm) a month (maybe more depending on how short the department is).
    If you show up 5 minutes late, they'll write you up, ignoring the fact that you're still going to work at least another 8 hours and 55 minutes that same day.

Advice to Management

If you're going to work your employees overtime, then pay them accordingly. Pay them what they're worth, and for what they're doing for you.

Mar 30, 2016

We understand that our employees are one of our company's greatest assets, sorry that you felt you were not compensated fairly. We encourage anyone experiencing this issue to discuss the problem with ... More