CRST Malone Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of the best"

Current Employee - Owner Operator
    Current Employee - Owner Operator

Pros

Crst is one of a kind type owner operator company. They give you 3 different types of tools to help you succeed. 1. You are assigned a fleet manager to help you in finding the right load in a lane you want to travel. 2. They provide with a list of numbers for their nation wide agents to also help with finding loads 3. And they also have a load board for you to log into to also find loads. So in my opion if you are not happy with the loads then its you to blame cause they give you to tools to be successful but its up to you to make it happen.

Cons

The con i have is when there is an issue that they want you to resolve they will put you on stop dispatch until you get it resolve. Wish they would get in touch with you before stop dispatch is necessary.

Mar 15, 2017

Thanks for your feedback and comments! We appreciate the work you do for us.

2. "The worse place I've ever seen"

I worked at CRST Malone full-time

Pros

None at all straight con artist!!!!

Cons

I never made a review on a company and have worked for a few bad ones but by far this is the worse bunch of crooks I ever worked for!!! The orientation is horrible they will feed you one nasty sandwich a day and gone charge you for that so you will make 30$ to go to threw that crap!!! Everyone in the building is rude and disrespectful and if you challenge them about your pay or that rageddy eqipument they gets extremely angry! I quit I had my own truck and I turned all of their equipment and trailer in after delivering 4 loads and I owed them 600$ stay away from these crooks I promise I have stated nothing but the truth

Advice to Management

Get right with the lord because God got a special place for you wicked folks

Jun 20, 2017

We're sorry you had this experience with us. Feel free to reach out to HR with specific things that you have recommendations on.

3. "DON'T believe them you will be in wires shape"

Former Employee - Driver in Rockwood, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Rockwood, TN

I worked at CRST Malone (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any RUN

Cons

They lie about everything walk a way lease bring the truck back and owe nothing was not.was there 4 months stayed out 3 1/2 months before I got out of the hole ran 1 load a day and sometimes 2 aday still in the hole the more I made the more they took finally got a 0 balance and turned the truck in back to them in moody for them to send me a bill for 4400 saying I owed my last check was 231 they kept it I told them to take me to court if you don't listen to anything listen to this same thing happened to my other 2 buddies that started with me

Advice to Management

Shouldnt lie to people

"Malone"

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Trussville, AL
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Trussville, AL

I worked at CRST Malone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good loads to be found

Cons

No enough lanes or good loads

Advice to Management

Get more customers

5. "Good Company to learn from...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Family work life balance
    Don't listen to employee

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees. Get a new facility.

"This company is a JOKE!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Pros

freight only pays good, if you bring your own truck over...DONT lease a truck from there, they will rip you off

Cons

15 cents per mile they charge you on maintenance that you have no control of is a joke, you have to call in and get approvals on money you put it to fix your truck and you they keep the money...The overhead is to expensive on the low quality of truck they give you, you don't get to pick out your own truck and all the trucks they leasing you are old crst expedited trucks that have been beat to the ground and so many maintenance and dot issues. The company has a really bad CSA score which puts your at risk every time you get the road, you will get pulled into the scale pretty much every time even if you go get your own prepass, Im just putting this out here so other drivers can be aware whats really going on over here and come at there own risk, before i come over here i was with 1 trucking company the whole 13 years of my career, decided to make a change and try something new, I'm not one to jump from company to company but if i would've known what I've kno i would've just stayed where i was but this learning lesson has taught me a lot, I'm heading home to go buy my own truck off the lot and go elsewhere but if you do decide to come over to Crst Malone side, you better come with your own truck because thats the only way you going to make some money......

Advice to Management

Management at this Company is the real reason the company is a joke, you have a few that actually care and are honest with you but for the most part all they care about is how they can make money off you, they stand there and tell drivers one thing and then do something totally different and act like they never said that...I communicate with everyone that was in my orientation class and pretty much everyone of them has quit and said the same thing and the last couple that are around are about to quit also, so that should tell you something right there...The companies turn over rate is high for a reason and it starts with Management... Im not being bitter, I'm just want other drivers to be aware if you deciding to make the move and you know whats really going on

7. "total scam"

Former Employee - Owner/Operator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Owner/Operator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CRST Malone (More than a year)

Pros

I really cant think of a single thing good to say right now, so Ill just leave it at that

Cons

Companies like this are what gives an entire industry a bad name. Dont even waste your time on them

Advice to Management

go out of business, please

Aug 9, 2016

Sorry you had a bad experience with us, however we cannot fix the problem if we don't know what is wrong. Feel free to reach out to your Fleet Manager or Human Resources with specific concerns.

8. "OK BUT NOT ENOUGH FREIGHT"

Pros

frequent home time good rates

Cons

not enough freight
    maintenance is expensive
    taking the bus to orientation and having to share a hotel room with a stranger is not welcoming
    difficult to reach people on the phone

Advice to Management

create policies aimed to create a more professional environment

9. "Office Staff"

Former Employee - Fleet Manager
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager

I worked at CRST Malone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Operations managers are really there for you and will do their best to "protect" you from top management. Great benefits and pay, easy to work with on family issues and time off, a real "family" feel to the company.

Cons

Unattainable goals, long hours with constant work traffic, hard to communicate with other departments, expectations are not always clearly defined. A lot of management turnover changes things up constantly.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ops managers and fleet managers on what the real issues are.

10. "OTR Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at CRST Malone (More than a year)

Pros

mileage rate was excellent, if you got some miles.

Cons

Had to go to Alabama to pick up my truck which was abandoned by the previous driver. No IRP cab card. I notified them of this. I kept driving, and got a $500 ticket. His response to the State Trooper was, "Can I fax it to you?" That was my last day.

Advice to Management

Make sure your permits, cab cards, and all your paperwork is in order. Don't ask us to drive after sunset with an oversized load.