CSAA Insurance Group Reviews in Mount Laurel, NJ | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CSAA Insurance Group President and Chief Executive Officer Paula Downey
Paula Downey

Pros
  • A high-performance culture that simultaneously respects work/life balance (in 56 reviews)

• Great place to work, Good benefits (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • lower management does not know what is going on and neither does upper management half the time (in 23 reviews)

• call center so its kind of mundane (in 19 reviews)

"What a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are incredible! The level of enthusiasm and energy is unmatched. Everyone is positive, upbeat, knowledgeable and nice!

Cons

If there are any cons, I sure haven't seen them!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it sure is working!

May 23, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

Great! Thank you for sharing!

"My time at this job has been very stressful and unstable in the Mt. Laurel office."

Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro's about this company is perks that are available to employees and you're lucky if you have a supervisor that has your back and isn't just a puppet.

Cons

The company is VERY unstable. There are constant changes made because no one obviously knows how to properly run a business. Adjusters handle 200+ claims and have NO time to work the files. Adjusters are constantly micro managed and harassed by supervisors who are harassed by their supervisor. We MUST always remain in available status which is why we can't get the work done. Clients suffer because of this because we can't return voicemails. Adjusters do the most work and get paid the least. We slave at our desks while the Manager sits back and reaps the benefits of our hard work. Also, we are the smallest call center, yes, call center and we take the most calls. I feel like the phone system is rigged so that our branch can look like we are the best. This is the worst job I've ever had. There is NO work life balance what so ever. God forbid you have an emergency. Their priority is "the business" with no regard to the health and well being of employees.

Advice to Management

Please find people that know how to run a business! Have your employees backs.
    Stop making un ethical changes within the company. Honestly most policies are very stupid and need to be further looked into. Give employees TIME to get work done. Focus on things that matter such as servicing the insureds and having time to work the files vs focusing on a template that should be used when calling out to people. Also, innovation within the company is non-existent. The things that need to be focused on are constantly ignored. The principles AAA used to have are long gone and sadly, the employees and insured suffer. I believe this company was and can still be a good company but I feel that the company needs to bring in business minded people. The overall structure is failing which may be why we are #16 in regards to best insurance companies.

Aug 8, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

We are disappointed to hear that you had this experience. Our aim is to ensure that employees have all the support and tools they need to serve our customers. The criticisms above are quite ... More

3. "Vender"

Former Employee - Vender Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Vender Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company benefits and 401k

Cons

Do not care about employee

Advice to Management

Be hums and not number

May 4, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for your comments. Although we may not agree with everything said here, we're always looking for opportunities to improve.

"Pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Homeowner Claims in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Homeowner Claims in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upward mobility, Perks, Salary, Level of comfort in the office

Cons

So much emphasis on customer surveys based on bias selections

Advice to Management

Lead

Sep 15, 2015 – Social Reputation Consultant

We appreciate that you took the time to share your concern and we are working hard to make CSAA Insurance Group a great place for everyone to work. Thank you for your feedback.

"Good Salary, Poor Management"

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Good people to work with on a daily basis. Good salary compared to other companies in the industry. Pretty good processes compared to others.

Cons

Management does not listen to their employees. It is like high school. You do not get promotions on merit it is on who knows who basis. Other teams do not work while other team have to pick up their slack.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - the company is being a poor place to work. Employees are starting to have low morale causing employee turnover. Why don't you focus on employee retention!!!

"GOOD COMPANY WITH LACK OF MOBILITY"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Decent salary with good benefits... decent annual bonus... great people to work with... coworkers can become like family

Company has great volunteer/community service programs as well as donation matching program

Company has started to take initiative in bringing employees together for social gatherings. Creates a better work environment

cash incentives for good results

Cons

High expectations and demands with a heavy work load with no time to actually deliver high customer service standards... poor business model using adjusters as call center reps who ultimately cannot adjust claims because management is only concerned with the call center aspects and results.

Trying to get promoted is like being a crab in a barrel... highly competitive with so many reps and not many open positions... it may be easier to get promoted as an outside employee than as an internal one... favoritism and lack of communication between management. Under the right supervisor you can make it far but if not you will be stuck in your position

Call center environment... there are waves of micromanagement tendencies...

8. "Pro Management over worked"

Former Employee - Senior Damage Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Damage Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

company car freedom 401k

Cons

60 to 70 hour work week pro heath insurance

Advice to Management

Need to get back bone