CSAA Insurance Group Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

2.6
CSAA Insurance Group President and Chief Executive Officer Paula Downey
Paula Downey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is manageable and much better than most companies (in 63 reviews)

• Paid Volunteer hours; good pay; good people; wellness plan; 401k, good benefits; (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is constantly changing objectives, which makes it hard to know what we're supposed to do (in 36 reviews)

• Maintaining a work life balance is a constant struggle (in 14 reviews)

"Not for Me"

Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Most Team-level Managers were helpful. Training was fairly good. Pay and benefits were decent.

Cons

Workload was continually changing. Customer service was a major challenge with the amount of new claim volume required. Company values and culture were not inline with actual day-to-day operations.

Advice to Management

Respect customers more by allowing claims adjusters the ability to spend an adequate amount of time to thoroughly work their claims.

"This place needs serious help....."

Former Employee - Casualty Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Casualty Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary in line with experience, paperless claims department, community involvement, facilities

Cons

Call center environment, no on boarding materials or structure, micromanagement, common to work 50-60 hours a week to try and keep up, supervisor admitted his position was "care as little as possible"

Advice to Management

Realize that your people are your greatest asset. Establish a policy of work/life balance. The policy of churn and burn of your employees will never work out for the company in the long run. Insurance, in and of itself is a promise, and excellence in customer service is a must! It's not just about the "members" as claimants could one day be members too. Don't tell attorneys to sue you. Train and develop your reps to avoid leakage and unnecessary costs (defense cost) to the company.

Jul 14, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Your comments are concerning, as the company recognizes our employees are one of our greatest assets. In fact, our high employee engagement scores across the organization are reflective of our focus... More

"OKC Office is Terrible"

Former Employee - Insurance Service in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Insurance Service in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay-but not worth it, 7 out of 10 in my training class quit within 3 months of hire.

Cons

Micromanaging, PTO, Immature and tacky management, Insurance Service schedule has split days off, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE.

Advice to Management

Stop work place bullying, stop micromanaging, revamp workforce management, managers drug use is questionable and having inappropriate relationships.

Jun 7, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

We are concerned to hear these comments as our goal is for everyone to experience a positive work environment. Please consider reaching out directly to our toll-free hotline to provide additional... More

4. "Service Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Everyone is wonderful to work with!

Cons

No AAA roadside onsite lol, locked my keys in car haha

Jan 23, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

We very much appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

"Claims Specialist"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good until you find out what is expected of you and what type of work environment you have to deal with.

Cons

Heavy work load, High turn over.
    Not enough employees. Management doesn't have a clue as to what their supervisors are doing. Every supervisor has different criteria on how to handle work load, etc, therefore, unfair evaluation of performance. Example: You are evaluated against those employees with supervisors who allow them to get caught up such as pulling out of cue to get caught up.
    Not enough employees to assist you in getting caught up when you do have to take unforeseen time off. Employees fear for their jobs every day. Not a great work environment. Friend of mine said she would go home and not be able to eat at night from being so upset and worried about her job. Management kept saying it will get better, but it never did.

Advice to Management

To Managers, not supervisors: Speak to your employees individually with exit interviews....you may find out more information that will assist you in retention of good employees.

6. "Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSAA takes pride in sincerely helping their insureds. They consistently go above and beyond to ensure all clients are treated with integrity and respect. I LOVED working for this company until I moved! I would love to work with them again in the future! Additionally, the company allows adjusters 24/hrs per year in paid volunteer time as well as MANY other benefits!!!

Cons

The only con I can think of...
    It gets confusing to differentiate between the different AAA insurance companies. Hopefully in the future, for the sake of the brand, agencies, producers, and clubs will come together so there is truly onlyONE AAA insurance company.

Advice to Management

Do not become political. Be open-minded and give people a chance to work for you and to advance within your wonderful company. If you truly value diversity then value EVERY employee.

Jan 12, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time provide your feedback. Very much appreciated.

"Claims service adjuster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Thinking back can't find many pros to offer I only wish I wasn't as complacent and left sooner.

Cons

Glorified bean counters. Some supervision needs training for mine was unable to relate to people from all walks of life.

Advice to Management

I consistently received accolades for my performance but left feeling as if it wasn't enough to much push on numbers and not appreciatve of quality or customer sat.

Nov 18, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

Sorry to hear that this was your experience. Thank you for sharing. These comments will be shared with leadership.

"Company is changing"

Current Employee - Physical Damage Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Physical Damage Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lower level management is great.

Cons

Too many rapid changes happening at once.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

This company has a lot of great people working here. You become close to your co-workers and feel like part of a family. This company also promotes volunteerism, giving back to the community. Diversity and inclusion are one of their core values. There have been a lot of good changes over the last few years of upgrading antiquated computer systems, a new IVR that is more customer friendly, better website, and more focus on just providing great customer service. The one thing I respect this company the most for is there is not an expected call handle time for customer service. You take as long as you need to make sure that the customer's issues are resolved instead of a "get them off the phone" attitude that I have seen at every other call center that I have worked at.

Cons

Egotism and favoritism. I have worked at this company for three years now, and I do not know if this is a recent shift in attitude or has been like this all along and I am just now becoming aware of it. If you are well liked by the management, you go far here. Picked for special projects, extra training and given more abilities regardless of job performance. Favorites are so supported and built up, that when a coveted job opening becomes available, the favorite already has the position and the application process just becomes a formality, if there is even one. I have seen employees that have such great performance and job statistics that they win awards, then get overlooked for extra training and special jobs while the supervisors favorites, regardless of performance, are moved towards projects that do more than just customer service: E-Biz, Billing or working Tasks. Then those favorites develop huge egos and become rude and unhelpful when their "former co-workers" ask for assistance.

Advice to Management

Find ways to reduce the egotism. We are all in this together and need to cultivate an environment of mutual respect if we are to provide a great customer experience. I understand that supervisors are human and will always have people that they just like more than others. Just try to keep in mind that the person who you have sat in the corner is also a valuable asset to the company and has just as much to contribute as the favorite you putting on a list for the next special training spot, over and over.

Jun 15, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for sharing. These comments will be shared with leadership.

10. "Claims Service Rep"

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

managers are attentive and helpful, co-workers are understanding and team players, the pay is decent especially if it is your first real job, and learning about insurance is more entertaining than you can imagine.

Cons

The workload is extensive, you're on the phone constantly, not enough time to investigate your claims, the customers are sometimes disrespectful and rude, the rules are constantly changing.

May 23, 2016 – Social Reputation Consultant

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing.