CSAA Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

CSAA Insurance Group Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is manageable and much better than most companies (in 61 reviews)

• Paid Volunteer hours; good pay; good people; wellness plan; 401k, good benefits; (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is constantly changing objectives, which makes it hard to know what we're supposed to do (in 36 reviews)

• Maintaining a work life balance is a constant struggle (in 13 reviews)

1. "Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job is one of the best I've ever had! I am able to attend, participate, and lead volunteering events and employee resource groups. It's also evident that the company and people care for me. You can mimic a lot when it comes to strategy, but you can't mimic the people or culture. CSAA IG really lives it's values and I am so grateful to be a part of an organization who's values align with my own. This is a huge contributing factor as to why I've been able to grow so much so quickly within this organization! I welcome any newcomers to explore our world.

Cons

The only thing I find challenging in the Servicing world is time, but that is something I think that you'd find in any call center like environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain present, live our values, and show appreciation to our employees. Your support means so much!

May 5, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

This is great! Thank you for sharing.

2. "Customer service Representative"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k with company match and I work with some great co-workers.

Cons

Management is subpar at best, this includes supervisors with limited insurance knowledge, and a manager who walks through the building texting all day. The company is so behind the times that it is laughable. Mysterious rate increases where we have to explain to the customer why their rates went up. Very questionalable executives who are great talkers, but can't back up what they say when they are called out. All I have to say is "Call Flow" lol. The managers/supervisors play favoritsm to the people who kiss butt. Stay away from this company if you want to stay in good mental and physical health.

Advice to Management

The changes I've seen the last few years are scary. Get your act together and be more honest with the customers and your employees.

"Simply AWESOME!"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down the best place I have worked to date. The company really cares and takes care of its employees. There are plethora of programs\benefits the company provides. Compensation is great but the BEST thing at CSAA is its people. Come see for yourself!

Cons

Building was a little out dated but now they are upgrading the entire site!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep caring!

May 4, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We greatly appreciated it.

4. "OKC Office is Terrible"

Former Employee - Insurance Service in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Insurance Service in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay-but not worth it, 7 out of 10 in my training class quit within 3 months of hire.

Cons

Micromanaging, PTO, Immature and tacky management, Insurance Service schedule has split days off, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE.

Advice to Management

Stop work place bullying, stop micromanaging, revamp workforce management, managers drug use is questionable and having inappropriate relationships.

Jun 7, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

We are concerned to hear these comments as our goal is for everyone to experience a positive work environment. Please consider reaching out directly to our toll-free hotline to provide additional... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the company culture and commitment to giving back to the communities. A Company that not only says all the right things but, more importantly, actually believes in and does the right things (truly walks the walk). Solid strategic plans, leadership teams and experienced caring front-line folks.

Cons

Tools are improving, which results in efficiency gains; haven't yet reached optimization.

Advice to Management

Continue to live the Company vision and values!

May 4, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for sharing!

6. "Auto Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, you are NEVER bored! Excellent management team and benefits. Flexible hours. Career opportunity. Volunteerism in the community encouraged and planned as a company. Learn useful skills. True advocate for the customer and respect for employees.

Cons

Zero down time. Challenging work load. Work many holidays. Sitting all day, at computer with constant calls. A bit behind in technology.

Advice to Management

HIRE MORE PEOPLE.

May 26, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

"good if you dont mide being on the phone all day"

Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

this company pays well and is very divers and positive

Cons

the are completely inflexible with scheduling and are not helpful with work life balance

May 5, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for your feedback.

"Toxic, Dysfunctional and Politically Riddled"

Former Employee - Senior Category Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Category Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. pension plan, 401(k), true wellness program, on-site subsidized cafeteria, well-paid health care.

Cons

Good ol boy network, sexist, racist, designed to keep people of all backgrounds down. Swept the sourcing group clean three years ago and now is full of tyrants and paranoia.

Advice to Management

no advice for management except to replace them. I left because I was told there was no room for advancement and though I made a mid-range salary, no room for salary increases.

"If it's too good to be true....."

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Ardmore, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Ardmore, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job with benefits and decent pay but delivering mail does the same. What's a pro that stands out? Unlimited amount of change....not the kind you can keep up with.

Cons

You know the cliche " if it's too good to be true; then it is" Well guess what, on paper the company looks decent but in reality there is a pit of despair in many departments and centers. Supervisors and Managers alike have or were sitting behind desks reviewing estimates, now they are leading the charge with no understanding of the nuances of the job. Lastly run away if you value your health and time because this is the 1st to go.

Advice to Management

Work in the field in each market for 2 weeks handling an adjusters calls, inspections and estimating. You will then appreciate the miles driving, the time sitting in a parking lots working while eating lunch. You said you would but never did. Oh and that HR crap that says "thank you for your feedback, ignore. there's a lot of fake praise on here filled by new hires who change their perspective. anyway, RUN

Jun 2, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

We are truly thankful for the feedback we get here. We value candor from all of our employees. It's disappointing to hear that this was your experience. Our expectation is that Supervisors and... More

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Underwriter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits! We care about wellness and the environment. Volunteerism is huge and it's encouraged

Cons

Too much work and not enough time

May 5, 2017 – Social Reputation Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to share.