Cover image for CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer

3.7
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer President and CEO Thomas M. Troy
Thomas M. Troy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and co(in 128 reviews)
  • "workers are great people that make the whole environment a slight bit less crazy than it is.(in 97 reviews)
  • "Good pay and 401k as well(in 82 reviews)
  • "Laid back atmosphere and good work/life balance.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values.(in 34 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great workplace!

Mar 9, 2022 - Senior Service Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay are great! Bonuses and pay increases every March. Lots of opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

As with any customer service job, you will sometimes speak with angry customers. That's a very small percentage of the time though.

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It is true CSAA is a great place to work and has the best associates; they are what matters and continue to strengthen our company. We are pleased to hear that you find the compensation and benefits rewarding! Thank you for your commitment to CSAA and our members!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Employer

Jan 29, 2023 - PIP Specialtist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is great to their employees

Cons

With remote working , they lack in their training

3. Join the CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Responsible for more than reasonable

Feb 2, 2023 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Some managers are great. Decent pay. Decent benefits. Monday through Friday. Hour lunches. Can test up for higher levels in role.

Cons

Expectations change depending on manager you ask. Extremely high turn over- i would say possibly more than other insurance companies I’ve worked for. High number of older long time policyholders(as in since 1970’s) that believe they should receive special treatment and be not found at fault because they threaten to leave. Expected to try and push a minimum of 10 “sales” a month. (Filling out a form that they have agreed to be contacted about upping coverage or joining CSAA) After a while, it becomes difficult to care about the job when you feel you’re never meeting expectations (because they changed drastically between managers) and looking for a new job becomes a lunch time activity. Not a lot of movement available.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid Company

Jan 27, 2023 - Casualty Adjuster in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, work load is manageable

Cons

The training isn’t great. This isn’t the place to come if you’ve never held an insurance job before in the claims field

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Company

Jan 23, 2023 - Anonymous-Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team involvement, reputable company

Cons

Busy workload and the unlimited PTO can cause some coverage issues

7. 2.0

Unrealistic claims count

Jan 12, 2023 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of great people work here. The pay is decent and slightly above average.

Cons

New hires with no claims experience get the same salary as experienced licensed adjusters. Supervisors are condescending and seem more like corporate robots than actual leaders. We get told that are claim load is reasonable when most of us have tons of over dues, voicemails and emails that we can’t keep up on. They are out of touch. The reviews about PTO are true. Believe them. It’s the worst I’ve ever experienced.

3 people found this review helpful

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We are proud of our team culture, in which people are passionate about what they do and are committed to helping each other. We are disappointed to hear your feedback on the leadership team and the capacity of work assignments. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive and positive environment for all associates. We always look for opportunities to improve and learn from each other. Do not hesitate to contact your local Human Resource representative to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company doing right by their employees

Nov 17, 2022 - Sr. Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The CEO and his team- Tom is absolutely amazing. He is kind, empathetic, very smart, collaborative and a strong leader. 2. The pay is outstanding. 3. Benefits are amazing. They even have paternity leave, which I have never seen. 4. Amazing ergonomic program. Chandra Winters does everything to help people feel better at work. 5. Huge opportunities to work in other divisions in the company. You aren't pigeon-hold into what you have been doing for years. A lot of opportunities to grow.

Cons

1. Lot of stuff going on so we move very fast. Slowing down or prioritizing would be very good.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback for CSAA. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us! An excellent benefit of working in our organization is that we truly care about our associates. At CSAA we strive to create an inclusive culture that fosters diversity in the workplace by building skills and enabling our associates to share their opinions and ideas. We are constantly evolving and learning so that we can meet the ever-changing needs of the industry and our members. Feedback from our dedicated associates is an integral part of our organizational strategy and is valued by our senior leaders. Thank you for your commitment to the organization and our members! We wish you many more years of success and happiness with us!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 3, 2023 - Claims Adjuster in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provided training when I had no insurance background, competitive salary, good benefits, provided money toward my Masters Degree, great training and career development.

Cons

Consistent examples of apparent nepotism and blatant favoritism in promotions.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at CSAA. It is good to hear that you found the training, career development and overall compensation as positives! CSAA is committed to fostering a respectful and collaborative culture. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and focus on total associate wellness. We also understand the importance of providing a positive, productive, and supportive work environment. If you would like to connect to discuss your concerns in greater detail, please reach out to Human Resources. We appreciate your feedback and continue to look for opportunities to improve and learn more.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Out of Touch Supervisors and Managers

Oct 6, 2022 - Medical Payments Claim Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home M-F Schedule

Cons

Heavy, Heavy Workload (280+ Open Claims per person) Out of touch supervisors and managers Lack of training - 2 weeks and one week was dedicated to getting adjusters license No follow up training Non supportive team members

4 people found this review helpful

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. At CSAA, we understand the importance of providing a positive and productive work environment. We value the hard work of our associates and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. Our goal is to ensure all employees have the support they need and look for continuous improvement opportunities. We welcome you to reach out to Human Resources if you are available to do so.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Ok

Jan 5, 2023 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an ok place to work

Cons

Ok place to work if you want to

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,246 Reviews
</>Embed

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Reviews FAQs

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,378 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

66% of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer? Share Your Experiences

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer logo

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Careers

Cover image for CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer

​​​​​​​At CSAA IG, one thing will always endure: our commitment to excellence in everything we do for our members, employees and...More

• Benefits
  • Belonging
  • Purpose
  • Promise

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

7 days ago

Culture
“The engaging culture is what drew me to CSAA IG and happens to be my favorite part about working here. From formal meetings, to exciting R&R events, to outreach programs, there is always a rewarding experience. Having the flexibility with the hybrid work model is a huge benefit. This allows me to split my time between the office and home, allowing for not only a better work-life balance, but opportunities to collaborate face to face with my coworkers on a regular basis. With this model there is ample opportunity for growth, especially with access to gig assignments. These allow employees to work and learn more about other departments throughout the company.” -- Candace Sackett, Executive Assistant
Shared image

133 days ago

Culture
“As a parent and caregiver to a child who is differently-abled, having a company that takes the time to understand and support me is a huge benefit.” -- Amber Tucker, Homeowner Claims Examiner
Shared image

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Photos

+ Add Photo
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer photo of: Station Landing
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer photo of: Check out how our Talent Acquisition team stays connected and focused through virtual stretch breaks while they work from home during shelter in place.
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer photo of: IT - Halloween 2017

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Logo
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

3.3

Compare

Glassdoor has 1,378 CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer reviews submitted anonymously by CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer is right for you.