KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,088 of over 1,173 reviews

3.7
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer President and CEO Thomas M. Troy
Thomas M. Troy
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is a priority and is very important(in 93 reviews)

• "Excellent pay and very good benefits(in 55 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is completely dishonest(in 39 reviews)

• "They won’t hire more front line only sales, so there is no one available to service all the customers we write(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Really embraced the virtual / hybrid work environment

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company for 8 years now and really enjoy what I do. To some extent the company is trying to reinvent itself, which is exciting to watch and be a part of. One of the things they've done well is to embrace a work from home model. Apparently only a small fraction of employees want to return to the office full time and many want to be 100% remote. The company seems to be embracing this and trying to build a "hybrid" work environment. Time will tell if this changes the great CSAA culture, but I think it's a fun and interesting ride.

Cons

Work load is high. Even when we get fully staffed up, I wonder if we will ever be able to feel like things are just comfortably busy again. People are being asked to push themselves harder than ever, and I don't think that can be a forever thing.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We continue to improve further on that hybrid work environment you mentioned. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wellness incentive app is invasive

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice. Good brand. Good work life balance. The CEO update a few years back started taking things in the right direction.

Cons

The new wellness incentive program is a privacy invasive gamified social network fitness app with financial penalty/rewards*. That might appeal to some, but it's a massive turn off to others. *penalty/reward is a matter of perspective: the monthly compensation changes by $x amount based on the gamified wellness tracking results. The company seems to shoot for the median when comparing benefits to competitors for pay and wellness. Giving the impression of aiming for the median doesn't make one competitive, it makes one seem worse than 50% of the pack.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for your feedback. We recently enhanced our well-being platform to better support social well-being and connect co-workers in the new “work from home” environment. Connecting with others on the platform is completely voluntary and not a required action in order to participate or earn incentives.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jan 10, 2022 - Senior Examiner in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO, Company direction, expanding, many changes good and bad. Pay is competitive

Cons

Not all changes are good trying to be like other companies.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent and diverse company

Jan 9, 2022 - SIU Specialist in Concord, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company car, work from home, consistent management and stable company, yearly good bonus and merit raises

Cons

Some task beneath my experience and training

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is greatly appreciated! It's wonderful to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Creating a positive experience for all of our associates is what we strive for every day. We wish you success and happiness at CSAA for many years to come!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company

Jan 1, 2022 - Stenographer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, easy to learn about cases. Management gives goo details

Cons

Hard hours and research. Have to look into cases your self

Social Reputation Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Your hard work and efforts over the years are invaluable to the organization and its members, thank you! As we are disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with management, please reach out to Human Resources to discuss your concerns in more detail, we are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent pay but the worklife balance and benefits are absolutely atrocious.

Nov 3, 2021 - Casualty Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-pay is competitive -lower level management is engaged -coworkers are pleasant.

Cons

The benefits are atrocious and the upper management could honestly care less. You could bring a competitors package and sit it on the table in front of them and they would still argue that they are competitive. They state that a particular culture exists, but it’s honestly only lived on paper. They will bring a process to front line reps, receive feedback, ignore the feedback and roll it out anyway. Then when the entire process bursts into flames, management will double down. Long story short, egos of upper management are getting in the way of process improvement. They rely on spreadsheets to drive innovation and when questioned, you’ll receive the CEO’s favorite catchphrase, ‘If this isn’t something you can get behind, I would encourage you to seek employment elsewhere.’ Overall a great place, if you don’t mind trying to working for a company that will tell you to stop using your brain and get back on the phone or find a new job.

8 people found this review helpful

Social Reputation Consultant

We are disappointed to hear that you feel this way, as it is not who we are. We strive to ensure everyone gets the support they need and constantly look for opportunities to improve on that wherever possible. Have you spoken to your manager about these challenges? If you need any help making the right connections to discuss concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your local HR representative for assistance. We want you to feel supported.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Small company. Some good co-workers.

Jan 10, 2022 - Major Incident Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A small group of individuals, closely knit.

Cons

Limited work-from-home opportunities were available.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great work environment

Dec 2, 2021 - Insurance Sales Agent in Andover, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers are wonderful! They give lots of extras.

Cons

Auto and home insurance products lack smooth transactions for anything.

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for your review! As a company, we are committed to providing a positive work environment for all employees. We value your input and appreciate your feedback. Providing quality service to members is our primary focus. If you feel comfortable, we encourage you to discuss your ideas on process improvements with your manager or HR representative, as we are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Think twice

Jan 8, 2022 - Applications Developer in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities as the organization is constantly changing.

Cons

Too many unneeded fire drills add unnecessary stress to the job. Senior leadership doesn't paint a clear roadmap

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback. It is our hope that CSAA will be a place where all associates can grow and reach new heights along with us. We are disappointed to hear your feelings regarding the leadership at CSAA. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive, positive, and safe work environment for our associates. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more, please feel free to contact your Human Resources representative to discuss your concerns in more detail.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Dec 13, 2021 - Homeowners Claims Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay. PTO and benefits packages are great.

Cons

They change models and structures within departments a lot so expect a bunch of changes from year to year.

Social Reputation Consultant

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated! It is a pleasure to hear that our benefits and paid time off have met your expectations! We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to reach out to Human Resources as we are always looking for opportunities to improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,088 Reviews

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Reviews FAQs

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,173 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

67% of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Job Seekers