CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 5, 2020

3.6
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer President and CEO Thomas M. Troy
Thomas M. Troy
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior Management can do a better job so that the low level staff can work more professionally & participate more actively with open doors and windows(in 38 reviews)

• "The upper management did not have my back(in 32 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Awesome co-workers, great culture, important work taking care of people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not what I expected from an insurance company - meaning there are very cool things happening here. Interesting projects, great purpose and impact: the mission is to fulfill our promise to be there for customers when they need us. I was really happy to see the entire company rallied for customers (insured AAA Members) during the Northern California wildfires. Our front line employees are amazing, they have challenging jobs but really purposeful work. They respond to AAA members that have endured everything from a fender bender to losing their homes to a wildfire. Incredible stories... Great culture and values. I appreciate the social responsibility: Paid time off to volunteer for non-profits. Hundreds of opportunities each year to volunteer and 99% of employees do. Emphasis on diversity and bringing your whole self to work, employee resource groups serving different heritages, LGBTQ+ community, Military community, Women, etc. 4 of the 8 C-Suite Execs are women, including the CEO. Good work/life balance: Wellness programs that are actually fun- great classes and super instructors. There's a push to develop your skills through programs that are run by inspired leaders. good benefits, great 401k match, AIP bonus

Cons

CSAA Insurance Group serves AAA members' insurance needs in 23 States and D.C. The CSAA brand is confusing because of our relationship with AAA. Lots of change - which is not for everybody

Advice to Management

Glad to see recent leaders promoted that are more representative of our values. Support front line employees - do more to ensure they are appreciated and valued.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2018-05-22
  2. "Fair Company"

Former Employee - Claims Supervisor

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Reasonable salary, and good benefits

Cons

You can be let go at a moments notice just because

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2020-01-06
  3. "Call center Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service

Pros

Good Benefits, a lot of volunteering opportunities, very diverse workplace

Cons

New CEO in effect, changes taking place, management scrambling over something new to micromanage each day

Advice to Management

Theres more to the job than just solely focusing on modernizing. It's still insurance and customer service at the core. May want to act like that matters too.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2019-10-10

"Decent pay but high stress environment"

Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay Good benefits Lots of potlucks

Cons

Very heavy workload Promotions have little to do with your performance and everything to do with who likes you and who doesn't Poor management

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like that matter vs how you actually treat your employees.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2019-07-31

"Do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits. There are several good supervisors.

Cons

Management doesn't care about you. It is all about making people work their butts off. The supervisors do not hold people accountable for their actions but if you are a top performer and make a mistake then it's good bye. Management makes fun of employees behind closed doors and they also make comments that are biased toward people with different nationalities.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2019-01-12

"Unmanageable and unreasonable workload"

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer

Pros

Good benefits, inclusive culture and worksite wellness activities

Cons

Employee morale very low due to unreasonable workload

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2018-10-30

"Always changing"

Former Employee - BSA

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good employees, the company offers good benefits, seems to care about the health of their employees

Cons

Seem to be an org. change every year, nothing is consistent, always moving people around changing job roles and responsibilities.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2018-08-06
  8. "Good place to work"

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits and pay, focus on the community and volunteerism.

Cons

Various rules and processes can slow things down.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2017-12-22
  9. "Love working here!"

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome programs for employees! Volunteerism, work-out classes, emphasis on wellness, employee resource groups, trainings/coaching and employee donation matching. Very competitive pay, good benefits (although like at most companies, rising cost of benefits to employees). Tries to create a fun place to work with ping pong tournaments, free treats, massage days, an employee auction, charity events, and activities to have employees mingle and get to know each other.

Cons

The company leadership does not match the culture they are striving to achieve. While I think each leader is great individually, I'm not quite sure they are collectively on the same page about how to create a culture of innovation that is quick, nimble, not perfect and free thinking. Also feels like people from different departments work in different companies. How can departments be so different from one another?

Advice to Management

Be more accessible, visible and open to employees. We should be a more relaxed environment and not expect perfection. People want to do a good job and want to perform a their highest ability. Trust them to do their jobs and let them know you trust them. You will get the best out of your people if you do that. And if you want to shed the old image of "boring insurance" company, be more flexible about work schedules (if your job doesn't require 9-5, why are we made we need to be here at that time?) and change the dress code to casual. The bottom line is that if you want to change the culture and be different, do things to make it different and make the cultural shifts. Don't just talk about it then give employees training and expect them to take the lead on changing the culture.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2017-05-02

"Toxic, Dysfunctional and Politically Riddled"

Senior Category Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. pension plan, 401(k), true wellness program, on-site subsidized cafeteria, well-paid health care.

Cons

Good ol boy network, sexist, racist, designed to keep people of all backgrounds down. Swept the sourcing group clean three years ago and now is full of tyrants and paranoia.

Advice to Management

no advice for management except to replace them. I left because I was told there was no room for advancement and though I made a mid-range salary, no room for salary increases.

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer2017-05-24