CSC Reviews in Schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor

CSC President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging during difficult projects (in 130 reviews)

• Senior management does not care at all about employees (in 145 reviews)

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Good work platform and learning place

Cons

lack of org suport and culture

2. "CSC review"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at CSC (More than a year)

Pros

learn some technical skills in ASP .net

Cons

feels like I am out of the team

"IT Operations Manager"

Former Employee - IT Operations Maagr in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - IT Operations Maagr in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging positions in outsourcing as lowering costs and improving customer relations often cause conflicts.

Cons

CSC cost reduction initiatives are to offshore as many positions as possible resulting in massive reduction in force for US employees.

Advice to Management

Maintaining a mature domestic (US) IT staff will reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction for CSC clients in the US.

4. "Average experience with CSC India"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at CSC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential to grow.

Cons

Lack of path and direction

"Salary ok, but ethics questionable"

Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They chased me through a head hunter, so easy hire. They paid me what I asked for.

Cons

They hired me knowing that my job was being outsourced 9 months later. They promised same sex benefits at interview and then said I didn't live in a same sex state and therefore did not qualify.

Advice to Management

If you know that you're going to outsource a person's job ahead of time, be honest with your employees.

6. "CSC more intelligence at the lower levels - lack of strategic information from above"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

CSC is a large company with many diverse accounts and lines of service. There are opportunities to move around if you know someone or if you have made an impression on a service delivery manager.

Cons

CSC negiotates bad unprofitable contracts and do not know how to generate new revenue from their existing customer base. Many of there large accounts are in constant dispute over the contact and billing. They also do not invest money into thier employees and lack a very intelligent offshoring plan. Just dump a percent of onshore employees across all accounts with no understand of how they will get work done causes end customer headaches. They also have a huge turnover rate of off shore employees which could be standard but also could be because most of the work given to offshore components have no opportunities for career growth also there is strong lack of respect and mistreatment to offshore worker. There still seen as a threat then as a means to improve the skills and gworth of the on shore workers.

Advice to Management

To not give edict that affect profitable account and end up making them unprofitable. To grow and reinvest into existing on shore and off shore employees. Make more account specific decision and try to shift resources to make unprofitable account profitable. Give better details of long range plans and the benefits the company has gain by off shoring other than financial. Enlist employees in making programs like off shoring work from every senior management briefing they never even speak of it and try and make it appear that it is not happening.

Showing 6 of 6,214 reviews