CSG International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
CSG International CEO and President Bret Griess
Bret Griess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance,Organised work (in 37 reviews)

• They prefer old employees and give them ample work from home opportunity (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance might miss due to on call responsibilities (in 7 reviews)

• limited opportunities and slow career growth (in 12 reviews)

1. "CSG International"

Current Employee - Facilities Assistant - Temp
    Current Employee - Facilities Assistant - Temp

Pros

The people are fantastic - all levels. They treat their employees with respect and courtesy. The perks that they provide are great.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. "A Nice Place To Work"

I have been working at CSG International full-time

Pros

Casual environment, flexible schedules, challenging work

Cons

As with anywhere, some teams are great to work for and some teams not so much. Some teams push boundaries of technology and continue to work on the bleeding edge, and others stick with the old technology that they are confortable with.

3. "CSG"

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are the best thing about CSG. We aim to hire the best in a diverse environment.

Cons

Some are focused only on process even if it doesn't make sense. Many have been there for years and years so have a tendency to get comfortable in their current positions and not as engaged as they once were.

4. "A Good Start but Cultural Changes Lead to Lackluster Environment"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For company as a whole:
    -Fairly stable company with a growing customer base
    -Good compensation and benefits
    -Unlimited vacation policy
    -Pretty good diversity even in IT, working with female and underrepresented minority coworkers

For the Elkhorn location, independent of team:
    -Decent commute (going against rush hours traffic)
    -Location near nice places to eat for lunch, at most 15-minute drive
    -Building is nice and modern
    -Causal dress, including jeans and graphic tees

For my individual team:
    -Wide variety of projects to support
    -Using newer technologies to solve problems

Overall, CSG is a decent place to work, whether you are starting your career, in the middle of it, or looking for a place to settle down.

Cons

For company as a whole:
    -Customers often seem frustrated with slow speed of necessary changes, which causes stress throughout the company

For the Elkhorn location, independent of team:
    -AC is constantly on and many people complain about the cold. Expect to bring a blanket from home and to be wearing sweaters and coats throughout the year
    -No cafeteria and catering from local businesses seem to come and go more often than not, especially recently
    -Short cubicles make it easy to be annoyed by loud coworkers and cubicle meetings happen often at other people desks, especially if the person is close to the aisles
    -People seem more concerned about the appearance of working rather than if someone is contributing results. If it looks like you don't work (for instances listening to a podcast/video and having that window open for easy changing or pausing), people from outside your team may tell your manager about your so-called lack of productivity instead of speaking directly with you.

For my individual team:
    -Change in manager meant a huge change in culture of the team: flexibility in working from home was extremely limited, more outspoken members were praised while more soft-spoken were criticized for being quiet, work was not valued by results but valued by how much and how loud someone complained or bragged about their accomplishment
    -Silos isolated team, despite manager's call for unity and cross-training. Subject matter experts in the silos could not easily transition to a different product because the users' needs were more important than employees' happiness and engagment

CSG isn't a terrible place, but if you are a quiet person, you probably will be forced to change or will fail in the current environment. Also, if you want to use new technology, it is really dependent on your team, but more often than not, the big tech used is going to be Java or .NET.

Advice to Management

Allow people to be themselves as long as it does not hinder their performance or the performance of the team. Do not allow the one who complains the loudest to earn your ear. People communicate in different ways; embrace those different ways and use the wonderful gift of technology (email, chat, video calls, etc.) to communicate with users and teammates.

5. "Review Information"

I worked at CSG International full-time

Pros

Great employees dedicated to their jobs

Cons

Management needs to be revitalized, not the employees

6. "Good place to work"

I worked at CSG International full-time

Pros

Good benefits, casual dress, flexible hours

Cons

Not always a good work/life balance depending on the job

7. "Test Engineer II"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people around
    Great working environment

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and well oriented process, unlimited vacation is more suitable. Every one has a quite smile on their face

Cons

Work life balance might miss due to on call responsibilities. Weekends might need to stretch some times due to hard deadlines on releases

Advice to Management

Please take off load for on call

9. "Loyalty?"

I worked at CSG International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people were great to work with. Most positions had growth potential. Pay is good.

Cons

10-15 years ago, the CEO seemed to care more for the employees, but now it's all about earnings and less about the people that get you there.

Loyalty used to be a good quality that companies wanted, but again, it's all about earnings.

It seems that the culture is moving towards a "good ol' boy network" which is was never that way 10-15 years ago.

Advice to Management

If someone works for you for 20+ years, they deserve something for their loyalty. Most kids now days, work for a company 3-5 years and then move on to another one.

"My friends are jealous of my work culture!"

I have been working at CSG International full-time

Pros

CSG has spoiled me when it comes to just about everything concerning my job. I'm trusted to handle my day to day, be it from home, on the go or in the office, if my work is getting done then I have unbelievable flexibility to do my job. The company culture is getting "fresher" and actually pushing the boundaries on what to expect from a large Midwestern company. Unlimited vacation, lengthy parental leave, on top of a huge slough of other benefits are just some of the changes they have recently made. CSG is showing that they are more interested in evolving the company culture around their employees rather than Corporate setting the tone and expecting everyone to adopt it.

Once you are in the door, you understand why there are so many folks here with 15+ years under their belts.

Cons

No one knows who CSG is and the company is too narrowly focused on clients, who already know of us, to even attempt to market their name to the community.

Advice to Management

One of the biggest things I see that people complain about are the occasional negative employee that are always bringing their area down. They could be the best in the world at their job but if they are having a negative impact on others then they need to be asked to work from home, at minimum.