CSG International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bret Griess

Pros
Cons
  • Career growth may be limited due to the number of long tenured employees (in 10 reviews)

• No work-life balance now a days (in 5 reviews)

"A solid place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Chicago office has the feel of a startup while still maintaining the stability of a big company. The tech is extremely challenging and the Ascendon product is very complex. After several years I am still learning something new every day.

In terms of benefits, CSG takes the cake. Unlimited vacation, paid parental leave, all kinds of insurance, even life insurance for dependents and random things like legal insurance. Some teams also get flexibility to work from home. They definitely care about you.

They have also made a lot of effort to listen to employees. Recently they started redoing the art across the office, got better coffee, created a relaxation room, and other things that often correlate with a modern work environment. I'm excited to see us continue to grow.

Cons

The people can take a while to warm up and some never do. It's a high tech environment with a lot of fast moving projects so often times the crunch takes priority over coworker relationships. That's not to say you don't have support, but don't expect to be friends with everyone.

Also, getting ramped up can be difficult with such a complex technical product but if you show some initiative right away then you'll be successful. It took me over a year to feel comfortable. This isn't a good place to work if you don't have some tech chops.

Advice to Management

It would be great if we could bust down some of the silos between the teams that tend to exist due to the divide in technology type - web, apps, etc. Allowing employees to see and impact the bigger picture more often would be very empowering.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and great location.

Cons

None to indicate at this time.

3. "CSGI - A safe place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CSGI is a very safe work environment. It's very solid as a company, has a solid industry position, and offers a variety of roles. CSGI is leading edge but not bleeding edge, and you don't walk on eggshells on a daily basis wondering if today is the day the hammer is going to drop. The people are great, and the atmosphere is as casual as the dress code.

Cons

CSGI is a very safe work environment. It's difficult to be bleeding edge and safe. It's difficult to have all "A players" and have a safe environment. And maintaining a safe environment is to reduce the presence of risk, so sometimes it feels like what's going on at CSGI is not always in sync with what's going on in the rest of the tech world.

Advice to Management

Encourage reasonable risk.

"Good Company But Growth Opportunities May Be Limiting"

Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment and corporate culture - very laid back.
    Good prospects for long term employment.
    Stable with limited layoffs.
    Good Benefits

Cons

Career growth may be limited due to the number of long tenured employees.
    Salary seems to be mid-scale.

"Solid company; decent pay and great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I have been working at CSG International (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong company, international and large. Leader in their field. Good pay and great benefits. Lots of flexibility. Some of the best people you will ever work with...from operations, to client facing, to technical teams, etc. I have worked with the best of the best. A couple of years ago, I would have given it a 5, a couple of months ago, a 4....

Cons

Large company and the management is varied. (Some are great, others are ok, and some are just bad). Lots of "re-organization" happening over that last couple of years. Company grows, but departments are continually undergoing re-alignments, restructuring, and positions are eliminated or changed without notice. I have seen leaders in their field let go or asked to "retire" well before way they should have been. I have seen managers/directors positions eliminated and they are moved out to cubes for no reason other than realignment, I have seen co-workers jobs completely changed without notice. (To the point that clients have undergone several contact changes, etc. in a short amount of time and they are questioning what is going on.) In the first couple of years that I worked here, it was amazing how much tenure you could find in any department. People stayed. Worked hard, and planned to be here until they retired. But, due to lay-offs, restructuring, and now a significant increase in turn-over, the loss in experienced and knowledgeable resources is sad. I realize something can be said for new college grads accepting less pay, etc. but a lot can be said for experience and knowledge....

Advice to Management

Find a structure and allow the teams/personnel time to adapt to it, before introducing a whole new structure, process, etc. I am flexible, as are most of the employees, but too many changes leaves everyone flustered and in reactive mode. Allow personnel and teams to do their jobs....they are good at it, if you allow them to do it, and listen to their questions and concerns. They are the ones doing the work, talking to the customers, scheduling the implementations, touching the output, and most have done it for a long time. They know what is needed....

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Management in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Management in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly 9-5 for everyone. Free continental breakfast on Friday s

Cons

Extremely political amongst management. The old guard are tight and think they are innovative but act very old school.

Advice to Management

New CEO please rotate your team and get some innovation into your direct reports.

"Eh..."

Current Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time

Pros

Good Family Benefits, Midwestern Culture

Cons

Don't try to climb the corporate ladder here- there are people who have been hanging onto their rung for decades. Try another ladder.

Advice to Management

Create more career advancement opportunities

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people to work with; financially sound, growing company; superb products and market share in our largest business units

Cons

Limited capabilities and willingness to win new business in many markets in the business unit I work in; little investment in services/products that are necessary to win.

Advice to Management

Invest in all areas of the company; in particular marketing and product departments that have a deep understanding of the markets we serve, industry at large and products that are leading edge

10. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

Pros

Casual atmosphere and good people!

Cons

Career growth seems a little limited.

"Awful!,,,,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CSG International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There aren't any pros. Do not look here.

Cons

Lack of respect for employees.
    No female leadership.
    No go to market plan.
    Dying current business (billing solutions).
    Annual layoffs.
    Massive instability.

Advice to Management

You once had wonderfully smart people working here. Should you be so lucky to have them again, listen to them.