CSID Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CSID President/Co-Founder Joe Ross
Joe Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Highly recommended place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I waited until I was here 6 months before reviewing to make sure what I'm seeing is the norm. This is an exceptionally great team with really smart, hard-working people, that are friendly, always willing to help and have a sense of humor. I've worked for a lot of companies - start-ups, mid-sized and giant corporations and this is one of the very best. Benefits including a PTO policy (there isn't one) are exceptional. They really go out of the way to think of things employees will care about including community service, on-site Yoga, and on-site workout room w/equipment. Lot's of spirit (Halloween is crazy) and I've seen them generously share in a couple of bonus $ events. The company and market is really hot right now and I would strongly recommend this company to any prospective job seeker. We actually have an Architecture group, a UX team and dedicated Scrum Maters. Documentation is up to date not an afterthought. The Agile process is very much alive and well. Wow, there is a lot of work here and the learning curve is challenging, but everyone is happy to answer questions and help where they can.

Cons

I really can't think of any - sure we are crazy busy here, but some how we manage to get it all done.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the leadership, the insights you demonstrate into what makes a good place to work and what's fair for the employees. I've seen a lot of management try and fail even with good intentions, but you get it. This is a great Austin place to work.

Mar 28, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments, they really mean a lot to us. We will keep trying our best but if you ever have any thoughts or recommendations, please pass them along! David

2. "David and Goliath"

Current Employee - Part of the Team in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Part of the Team in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture when it was CSID as an independent company, questionable not that Experian has bought and taken over the company. CSID achieved great things including beating out large companies for business as CSID had the better product, service, and people. The people and the culture they created was the greatest pro along with the benefits the company provided including all those fun activities. Sad to see those days are no longer with us.

Cons

Like many start-ups, this is a David and Goliath story. But this time despite Experian's multiple assurances from their top management team in all employee meetings with the CSID staff in Austin, San Diego, Boston, and London that things would not change they have and not for the good it seems. This time Goliath beat David and is still beating him. Key players in the team have already left the CSID team even though assurances were given by Jennifer Leuer and others who came in from Experian said they wouldn't, many more are looking and the tap is opened for people to exit because Experian did not keep their word. Sad but an all to common true situation you can't believe what you are told and committed to as an employee. I along with many of my team mates are looking to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Mean what you say when you say it, don't tell us a story because you think that's what we want to hear. We believed your messages in late summer and early fall last year....we don't anymore. Good luck with your plan no matter what it is.

3. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people. Good compensation package. Rad CEO. At least one really cool team to work with. Great Perks.

Cons

Well lets just say the core product code base is a little messy. Ok, its really messy. It has probably been cleaned up a bit since I have left but lets just say that 20K line Classes are not uncommon. Highly duplicated, over convoluted code. It was outsourced to high school kids back in the day, so no bad things to say about local devs, but the legacy code base is very, very hard to manage. Be warned. Other code bases are fine.

Advice to Management

Let your developer choose if they want a MAC or PC to work on.

4. "Restoration Specialist"

Former Employee - Restoration Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Restoration Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great incentives, wonderfully people and overall great work culture

Cons

Right off of Mopac so traffic can be a nightmare at times- mostly when festivals like SXSW and other large venues are being set up

Advice to Management

Continue caring for your employees like they are your biggest client and creating a great morale and you should be good.

Apr 20, 2017 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the advice and we will continue to focus on taking care of our amazing employees. Best to you! David

"Systems Administrator"

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overall company does a great job of employee appreciation.

Cons

Despite multiple complaints about a particular department manager and his mistreatment of his employees, no action was ever taken, and he was even given a promotion during this process.

Advice to Management

Notice the people that don't fit the company profile and, despite the possible immediate operational consequences, make the appropriate changes to prevent the unhappiness, lack of performance (due to micromanaging and constant berating) and frequent turnover in certain departments.

Sep 29, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback! I’m glad to hear we do a great job of appreciating our employees -that is what we strive for. I also, appreciate your feedback about your experience and points about your... More

6. "software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Lakeside, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Lakeside, CA

I worked at CSID (Less than a year)

Pros

Manager and co workers are very helpful and good company if you want to build your carrier in security.

Cons

very small team, so not to much to discuss.

Sep 29, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments. We're always glad to see feedback that is line with what we see in Austin. Best of luck to you. David

7. "Vibrant and Hard-Working Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The community here at CSID is not only very bright with a diligent work ethic, but also very personable and welcoming. Since beginning my career at CSID, I have received nothing but acceptance from my fellow employees and enjoy the challenging tasks that everyday brings. CSID has great employee benefits as well! I have been very pleased with my overall experience working here and am excited to see what lies ahead for this great company.

Cons

There are no cons that come to mind. I have had a wonderful experience so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of being transparent with both constructive criticism and acknowledging employee successes. With this type of management, the employees stay motivated to work hard and efficiently, but also feel appreciated when their good work is recognized!

Mar 4, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments and we appreciate the advice. We share your excitement for the future! If you ever have any additional suggestions, please stop by and share them. David

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, and growth potential across almost all departments.

The majority of senior leadership was incredibly dedicated to their respective teams, and highly intelligent. The work / life balance for most departments was great.

Cons

The niche industry CSID operates within can have a lot of volatility which puts a number of the senior leadership members on edge. Produce enhancement delays were the norm during my time there, but had at least improved dramatically by the time I left.

CEO's general lack of integrity, or for that matter presence in the Austin office, was a complete joke.

Advice to Management

Have an exit, or replace the CEO with someone who can actually get the company there.

Mar 4, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments. I'm glad the overall experience was positive.

In regards to our CEO Scott, he has the support of a high number of our employees. Ultimately the decisions that he makes... More

9. "A great Company with a fun culture"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

Pros

The company does a great job making sure everyone knows their roles and everyone seems to really work well together. The office atmosphere is very casual and everyone seems to have fun while at work. The company is experiencing a lot of growth and it's fun time to be working here.

Cons

In my short time at CSID I have yet to find any cons.

10. "Just be careful."

I worked at CSID full-time

Pros

It was a great experience at CSID. A lot of nice people and teamwork all around. For the most part everyone is willing to help and always in a friendly mood. People take ping pong seriously here!

Work/Life balance varies depending on the position, the higher the more flexible/lower the more difficult.

Cons

There's small issue with dealing with employee relations. I think its rare there which is obviously a good thing, but the downside is that when there is a conflict, HR prefers to hope the fire "puts itself out". Instead of a proactive approach to prevent any type of escalation.

There also isn't much room to move "up" as there is to move around. You make lateral moves fairly easy, but moving up is far and few.

The "open door" approach that is pitched strongly here, does not include senior management most of the time. HR doesn't like people to "bother them".

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in employee relations. Employee evaluations are a plus, but not if they are sugar coated to now allow the employees to actually improve.

Oct 6, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments! While we are always disappointed that a previous employee wouldn't recommend CSID as a place to work, we always welcome opinions and thoughts that would help us improve... More