CSID Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CSID CEO Scott Cruickshank
Scott Cruickshank

1. Featured Review

"Truly Professional Management, Top Quality Team Members, Clear Company Vision & Directives"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSID means business -- it's a company professionally run by grown-up *people* who understand the industry and how to attract quality team members to accomplish the business goals. I emphasize "grown ups" *in contrast* to the many companies whose progress and success is impeded by a lack of maturity and professionalism. As for the hiring process, it was truly refreshing to be treated like a respected human being. Other companies are trending towards de-humanizing the hiring process to the point where, in my opinion, they are missing quality candidates [with wisdom and experience] in favor of test-takers. All the same to me though: advantage CSID. CSID's intentions were always clearly communicated, their offer was very competitive (with benefits) [in writing], and once a decision was finalized, their [stellar] HR and IT departments moved at light-speed so I could begin work in just days, not weeks. I was fortunate to have multiple offers during my search, and for all of the above reasons, CSID beat the competition by a large margin.

Cons

None -- I regret not finding CSID sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep it up -- the effects of CSID's leadership is evident throughout the company, in the staff, in the values, in the work/life balance, in the financials and everywhere else.

Feb 26, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! This means a lot to everyone on the team. But if you ever have any suggestions on areas to improve, please pass them on. Best of luck to you! David

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, and growth potential across almost all departments. The majority of senior leadership was incredibly dedicated to their respective teams, and highly intelligent. The work / life balance for most departments was great.

Cons

The niche industry CSID operates within can have a lot of volatility which puts a number of the senior leadership members on edge. Produce enhancement delays were the norm during my time there, but had at least improved dramatically by the time I left. CEO's general lack of integrity, or for that matter presence in the Austin office, was a complete joke.

Advice to Management

Have an exit, or replace the CEO with someone who can actually get the company there.

3. "Just be careful."

I worked at CSID full-time

Pros

It was a great experience at CSID. A lot of nice people and teamwork all around. For the most part everyone is willing to help and always in a friendly mood. People take ping pong seriously here! Work/Life balance varies depending on the position, the higher the more flexible/lower the more difficult.

Cons

There's small issue with dealing with employee relations. I think its rare there which is obviously a good thing, but the downside is that when there is a conflict, HR prefers to hope the fire "puts itself out". Instead of a proactive approach to prevent any type of escalation. There also isn't much room to move "up" as there is to move around. You make lateral moves fairly easy, but moving up is far and few. The "open door" approach that is pitched strongly here, does not include senior management most of the time. HR doesn't like people to "bother them".

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in employee relations. Employee evaluations are a plus, but not if they are sugar coated to now allow the employees to actually improve.

Oct 6, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments! While we are always disappointed that a previous employee wouldn't recommend CSID as a place to work, we always welcome opinions and thoughts that would ... More

"The template for all medium-sized tech companies to follow..."

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSID is everything "Austin" about Technology - a group of highly-motivated, hyper-intelligent individuals going all-in to work toward the lofty goal of dominating an emerging marketplace...all while maintaining all the quirkiness, kookiness, and "work hard, play hard" ideologies of a truly Austin-based company. As an employee, you are challenged daily to deliver at the highest levels and acquire the latest skill sets in order to keep pushing the envelope. Mediocrity is not rewarded. But if you're not having fun while grinding your way to the top, it's your own damn fault - the work environment here embraces openness and humor to offset the typical rigidity and seriousness of corporate America. All voices are heard and have input, and you'd be very hard-pressed to find a better group of coworkers to embrace as your "work family." Work/life balance is taken extremely seriously, and employees are afforded the flexibility to handle living in the real world.

Cons

This place is not for the weak of heart or easily-deterred! This is a challenging work environment that demands peak performance and effort. Not really a con at all, but the most stressful part of working here.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I could recommend is that there be a little more formality and structure in the ramp-up process early on. The "drinking from a fire hose" analogy is apt. It's easy to get overwhelmed and flustered, because you want to soak it all up and become effective ASAP. A little more structure during the early period would be of great assistance.

Jun 3, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review and suggestions! We are always looking to improve our onboarding process to address the items you mention and have some forthcoming changes that we believe will assist future ... More

6. "Application Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with an amazing culture!

Cons

CSID has seen its fair share of growing pains but that can be a good problem to have. The company is well past being a start up and continues to thrive!

May 7, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

We appreciate the feedback! Agree on the growing pains, these are best kind of challenges! David

7. "The interview process was as great as it is coming to work everyday doing something you enjoy and know makes a diff."

I have been working at CSID full-time

Pros

You are valued and kept in the loop with quarterly meetings on how the company is growing and how that benefits you. Tons of room for growth and advancement within the company in either your current department or in other departments. Treated as an individual instead of just an employee.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. Ive thought long and hard about what could possibly be a con and all i see or great reasons to continue my success at CSID

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Treating your people as well as you do shows with every contact made with any client and their members. Love working here!!

8. "Accelerated Advancement while having fun!"

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our daily department atmosphere includes friendly peers that help identify your impact on the CSID brand as a whole. Speedy "ramp ups" are frequent and welcomed by employees of CSID. Being one of the industries leading providers of compromised cyber data and breach management we are on the literal edge of ID theft, which leaves plenty of room for growth. HR and upper management are focused on the growth and career development of employees at all levels.

Cons

CSID employees are so great and we have so much fun that life outside of work can be a bit of a downer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 12, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! If you ever have any improvements or suggestions please pass them along. David

9. "Company gets the life/work balance equation"

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life/Work balance is excellent. They understand how to treat employees like actual people. The company is smartly growing slowly but steadily. Careful growth equals predictable revenues. They have a vision that is clear and communicated well.

Cons

Location is not ideal if you live north where most of the other high tech companies are.

Advice to Management

Execute on the vision of the company, and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the review! We will try our best. David

10. "A Really Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSID goes out of it's way to provide employees with excellent benefits, a fun work environment, and a culture that promotes education and advancement within the company. We work hard, but we also play hard. The open vacation policy, and limited but effective requests for overtime work to accomplish certain goals, shows that management knows our personal lives matter very much, and they know when to draw the line. It seems like everyone at CSID is committed to the success of the company, from upper management and the CEO down to the average employee. This is the best place I have ever worked, and that says a lot. I have worked for some of the most successful companies in the industry during their formative and most explosive years of growth, and the feeling here is the same. There is a current of excitement about the future of the company that is palpable.

Cons

The Agile approach that many departments have been trained in, and are now using, has been really beneficial to the focus and productivity of those groups. It is unfortunate that the offshore teams have not aggressively adopted Agile, and that it also takes so long to implement changes to some of our core services that are being serviced by those teams. I think those two issues are related.

Advice to Management

So far, so good! Keep the focus to achievable but lofty goals, and keep your hands on the wheel! You are leading this company to what we all hope will be continued great success.

Mar 12, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! I will pass along your comments on Agile to the appropriate parties. Glad you enjoy being with us and we're glad you're here ... More

11. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexible hours and also work with you for anything.

Cons

There is really no challenges, very easy and calm.

Advice to Management

Change it up, maybe different ways of how to interact with everyone from all departments in the company.

Mar 12, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! We're always looking for ways to keep the communication flow fresh and informative, we will look into different ways to interact. Thanks for taking the time to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed