CSID Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CSID President/Co-Founder Joe Ross
Joe Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great small company that focuses on employees"

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Austin, TX

Pros

Lots of team building, learning, ability to advance, fun environment. Management is supportive and includes employees in the status of the business and budget.

Cons

Everyone is very busy and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Occassionally extra hours are necessary and work/life balance is put on hold.

Advice to Management

The management team does a great job. I've been in a handful of organizations in which the leadership team doesn't talk to each other or know what's going on. This isn't the case at CSID. It's a very well connected, solid team.

2. "Great company to work for!!"

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team work! Excellent work environment.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons to working with CSID.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "Great People, Great Place"

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My great coworkers are just as passionate about our industry and current trends so we end up suggesting using them to management and they are open to our ideas.

Recently moved to a new Headquarters
    Open and Collaborative environment.
    Fully stocked fridge with snacks
    Very friendly environment to grow at.

Cons

With our growing people and technologies, there hasn't been much change in creating processes that scale.
    A lot of the day is putting out fires for x, y or z client.
    Still using legacy tech to keep things running for the core product without a foreseeable plan to do a refresh.
    Everyone is so busy with work that you don't know what people on other teams do.
    Un-communicated roadmap of the products we build and a lot is customer driven or driven by people who are locked in an ivory tower and focused on the next industry buzz words they hear.
    Be expected to occasionally put more than 40 hours when times are critical.
    The perception has been that they will want to bring someone outside than promote from within to mid level management.

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and stop saying yes to every client demand/suggestion. They learn to expect that we will give them every feature they ask for and no one is happy.

4. "great place to work..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time

Pros

Great work environment! Flexible schedule. There are learning opportunities for everyone at all levels.

Cons

If you are in south Austin, commute is amazing. If not, it becomes challenging after while.

5. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSID cares about its employees as much as their products. The product suite is something with large growth potential. Its a great place to work.

Cons

Biggest con, for me, is the location. Great for S. Austin, but not so much fun for N. Austin commute. Additionally, there is only 1 ping pong table.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Fun & Competitive work environment"

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is very much a work hard/play hard environment. Lots of team building activities and it is really easy to interact with people in other departments if you desire. There are a lot of very intelligent people here and most are very willing to teach you what they know, which is so refreshing. HR department is small but they truly listen to employee needs and do what they can to accommodate them.

Cons

The floor plan is very open and there is almost no privacy at all in some of the workplaces, it can be really distracting at times. You will probably gain 5 pounds because of all the snacks and food that are readily available.

7. "Great company who do an exceptional job of showing their appreciation for their employees."

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monthly company events, free snacks, on site gym, great location in austin tx.

Cons

Often times hard work goes unnoticed.

Nov 4, 2014 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the comment! We're glad you appreciate the events and benefits we offer. We want to provide recognition for the hard work that everyone provides and are always looking for ways to improve... More

"Truly Professional Management, Top Quality Team Members, Clear Company Vision & Directives"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSID means business -- it's a company professionally run by grown-up *people* who understand the industry and how to attract quality team members to accomplish the business goals. I emphasize "grown ups" *in contrast* to the many companies whose progress and success is impeded by a lack of maturity and professionalism.

As for the hiring process, it was truly refreshing to be treated like a respected human being. Other companies are trending towards de-humanizing the hiring process to the point where, in my opinion, they are missing quality candidates [with wisdom and experience] in favor of test-takers. All the same to me though: advantage CSID.

CSID's intentions were always clearly communicated, their offer was very competitive (with benefits) [in writing], and once a decision was finalized, their [stellar] HR and IT departments moved at light-speed so I could begin work in just days, not weeks. I was fortunate to have multiple offers during my search, and for all of the above reasons, CSID beat the competition by a large margin.

Cons

None -- I regret not finding CSID sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep it up -- the effects of CSID's leadership is evident throughout the company, in the staff, in the values, in the work/life balance, in the financials and everywhere else.

Feb 26, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! This means a lot to everyone on the team. But if you ever have any suggestions on areas to improve, please pass them on. Best of luck to you! David

9. "Great culture and work-life balance."

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff; Competent Management; Lots of free goodies in the breakroom; outstanding benefits; understanding supervisors who don't pressure you to work beyond regular work hours.

Cons

There really aren't any I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of showing employees that they matter and you care about them.

Mar 6, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! If you ever have any suggestions for improvement or other things to consider, please stop by and see us. David

10. "Employee focused, great business."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is fair and benefits are great. Culture is warm and friendly. I'm on the tech side and feel very well respected and my work feels valued.

Cons

That commute can be pretty hairy!

Advice to Management

Take care of your developers, but you know that.

Mar 6, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Wow, thanks for the review, we appreciate it! Goes without saying, we value our developers and want to keep them happy. Please stop by with any suggestions. David