CSL HK Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at CSL HK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good medical coverage, nice colleagues

Cons

Difficult to get promoted and raised in salary, I even had a friend working there who didn't get raise in salary and promotion for 8 years there.

Too many useless meetings

Advice to Management

you'd better consider employee's personal development and let them speak their feelings freely.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Pros

used to be more like MNC due to Telstra. Team working on the same goals leverage market dominance

Cons

After HKT acquired the company, it became very bureaucratic and lost it's shine. Management is very telco old school and did not appreciate partnership to trade for faster time to market. Benefits worsen after HKT acquisition.

Advice to Management

You need to embrace your partner instead of developing everything in house and not letting your partner having a cut. Review which of the 20years old VP, SVP that you want to keep.

3. "the manager is so mean. she always shout at people when she got complain from other department"

Former Employee - Clerk in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Clerk in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at CSL HK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the hourly salary is not so bad in comparison with other clerk in the same industry

Cons

the location is so far away, if you miss the shuttle, you are going to be late.

Advice to Management

I think the company should help part time employee to get their company id card. they are like nothing but a labor.

5. "chaotic work place."

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Representative in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Representative in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at CSL HK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As we all know, CSL has been bought by PCCW (HKT), so technically speaking, it's under HKT. And since it's newly merged, it's very chaotic but it also brings in new job post. Very high turnover rate of the call center sales team and this means you've a chance to work there.

Cons

My actual work is Administration Officer (AO), but my contract says I'm Sales Rep. Just because I'm a part time and they can't even change or adjust the contract? This already tells you how this company performs and works.
    Since it's a newly merge department with staff from previous company CSL and now the mother company HKT, and with the system they're using now, it's very chaotic. First of all, sales order computer program is outdated and unfriendly and have various bugs, but yet nothing been done to improves or updates it. What's the IT guys are doing? God knows. Secondly, lack of training of the telesales and mistakes from the telesales increases my work load as an AO, and the worst thing is the boss think why there's 4 of us doing things that she thinks 2 person can handle. Like any other boss, she cannot see from the staff perspective and simply does not what kind of problems we need to solve every single day just to make sure the sales order flow was complete and deliver to the customer.
    When I join the AO team, I was there to replace someone who was leaving. And after me they've hire 3 more staff, which 1 got asked to leave. And we're still short staff and the boss wanted to cut back the staff already.
    Furthermore, with the salary they pays you, now they wanted you to do shift work and stay as late as 8pm, given you can handle all the problems on hands at the time. It's sad to see the bosses who don't understand how does the work flows and how many problems were created each day. Bosses doesn't understand her staff very much. Not only this, no one cares much and that is same across different department as well.

Advice to Management

Give proper and well training to staff, this is most needed, as most of the problems were created by sales because of lack of training. Pay more to your staff because with the current pay, all of us are underpay. For the sales target the sales team needs to achieve. Stop giving out the real target the month after. You need to have a clear, solid and un-adjust sales target for ppl to see. Stop your tricks of adjusting the sale target until the next month, because everyone knows you're taking full advantage of your own staff just to save you money, the act of yours and the company is such a disgrace.

6. "Customer Service Manager"

I have been working at CSL HK full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities, people were quite nice and easy to work with. Great leadership and open to ideas. As long as you could show your passion and persistence you should make something out of here.

Cons

Got acquired and culture has been dissolved.

7. "Sr HR Manager"

Pros

very good career opportunity and open culture

Cons

quite stressful as technology world changes rapidly

8. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at CSL HK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Emphasize on customer experience
    Friendly working environment

Cons

Working in silos
    Need lots of effort in moving forward ideas

9. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at CSL HK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits comparatively. Dynamic management so if you like change culture this is a right place. Very, very willing to invest and improve despite customers might not see the benefits immediately. It's the most willing to improve company I have ever worked for in over 15 years.

Cons

Typical big organization challenges on moving new ideas/ initiatives forward so even though management wants to improve, it takes time.

10. "Senior Accounting Officer"

Pros

Staffs are professional. middle to senior staffs are usually from sizable audit firm, you have chance to be trained up with professional skills.

Cons

middle to senior staffs are usually from sizable audit firm, if you are not from sizeble audit firm, promotion opportunity is limited.

Advice to Management

more communication with staffs

11. "One of the telco in Hong Kong"

Former Employee - General Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at CSL HK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible to adapt to the changing market

Cons

Lack of accountability among teams

Advice to Management

Too many changes at the top management