CSM Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gary Holmes

Pros
  • Great company they really care about their employees (in 4 reviews)

• The people I work with on a daily basis on property and in the corporate office have become become great friends (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The HR department has turned over the most, over the last year with 9 employees leaving out of a department of 11 (in 6 reviews)

• The upper management are ruthless, and will fire anyone for any reason (in 5 reviews)

1. "Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CSM Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Private ownership, great culture - one of the few that really lives the values, many opportunities for talented employees

Cons

Nothing stands out as negative

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been to create a great work environment

"Bad Benefits Horrible HR"

I worked at CSM Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Owner of the company is really nice despite what people say on here.

Cons

Horrible benefits
    They will make figure out everything on your own. No help at all if you have questions about anything regarding HR. Rude HR department.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in HR. Start over.

Jan 25, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your recent review of CSM – we value all feedback from current and former employees. We acknowledge that we have faced some challenges, no different than most companies. We don’t know ... More

"Not workable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at CSM Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

insurance with other benefits plus discounts

Cons

They can't keep a full staff, so you are overworked.

Advice to Management

Get new management that is involved and present.

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your experience wasn’t ideal. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please contact us at 612-395-7044.

"Mixed reactions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Facilities are top notch, commitment to quality, diverse and stable company, potential for growth, some managers very approachable. Career oppys in some functions are good

Cons

Turnover - esp in HR Department, some leaders very arrogant, communication to employees needs to improve.

Advice to Management

Take a strong look at HR & the negative impact, figure out how to get people to look forward to coming to work again, be more open and frequent with communication.

Nov 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to our HR Answers line at 612-395-7040.. We wish you the very best.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CSM Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company they really care about their employees

Cons

They are a at will company

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive review! We certainly value and appreciate the contributions of all CSM associates, and are glad you took the time to share your feedback. We wish you the very best!

"Great people at the worker bee level at Corporate, but many leaders are arrogant and very difficult to work with."

Former Employee - Senior Benefits Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Benefits Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CSM Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people that understand the importance of team. Nice they offer free fresh fruit daily. Fresh fruit and a few nice people are great, but don't make a satisfying career option.

Cons

Arrogant and verbally abusive leaders.
    Talent is not appreciated, as some leaders are intimidated and drive out good talent.
    Leaders need to capitalize on their teams talents and suggestions if they want to be successful and grow.
    Run as a business that appreciates people, not a dictatorship!
    Butts in seats from 8-5 does not equal productivity. It is the 21st century and remote work options are not a perk, it's the norm!

Advice to Management

Look at you HR team closely...losing so much talent in s short amount of time speaks volumes...

Jun 8, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your observation of the turnover in our Human Resources team, we have been working in 2016 to restructure our team to meet emerging business needs and support ... More

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager, Assistant General Manager, FO Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at CSM Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun company to work for. With hard work good chances of promotions from within. Helpful corporate office for HR and accounting questions.

Cons

Turn overs at the corporate office made it sometimes hard to keep track on who is in charge of what.

Advice to Management

More transparent

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

"my 2 cents"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CSM Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are all great. Free fruits and Veggies for lunch. Opportunities for rewarding charity work.

Cons

low pay compared to the average pay rates in similar fields and not very many opportunities for advancement without significant drawbacks.

Apr 14, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to Julie Akmatova at 612-395-7048. We wish you the very best!

"They Chase Out Good Talent"

Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CSM Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

They are able to find and hire good senior-level talent.

Cons

Insecurity at the top level of the organization causes exceptional employees to leave the company very shortly after starting. I watched an IT Director, an Operations Director, the VP Sales & marketing, A Regiional Sales & Marketing Director, the Director of e-Commerce and others leave corporate within months of starting, only to be replaced by wildly under-qualified people or not replaced at all, while very challenging and difficult to work with staff at all levels were never repremanded. I also saw a lot of great GMs and Sales Directors leave our hotel properties. Skill and knowledge and the ability to get things done are intimidators at this company.

Advice to Management

Learn that is it very smart to surround yourself with people who know more about what they do that you do, so that they can help you succeed.

Apr 14, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly unfortunate that your experience wasn’t ideal. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to Julie Akmatova at ... More

11. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Director of Operations in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Director of Operations in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CSM Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CSM has provided me with amazing opportunities for advancement and development. The culture of this company is amazing and if you work hard, you will be recognized and offered opportunity for growth. CSM has a great support structure for its hotels. HR, Accounting, Revenue Management, IT, Legal, etc are all working hard to provide best in class service and support. Gary Holmes is a brilliant business man with a passion to grow his company.

Cons

None. Great company to work for. Work hard and you will be recognized. I have worked for many different companies in the hotel industry and this is the best one out there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Feb 15, 2016 – Talent Acquisition