CTC Global Corporation Reviews in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

J.D. Sitton

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great collaboration between several departments

Cons

Rapid growth can be challenging

Advice to Management

Keep it up

CTC Global Corporation2019-09-05
  2. "Growing Pains = Opportunities"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to grow and learn. If you are willing to see the growing pains as opportunities this is a great place. Be ready to give management solutions to problems and ways to make your job more efficient.

Cons

Some things need work but that is where the opportunities are.

CTC Global Corporation2019-09-04
  3. "Innovative and Growing Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently started working at CTC Global and was attracted to the fact that the company makes the most advanced and efficient conductors on the market. I really feel like I am part of innovating the future. Every employee I have interacted with is friendly and I come to work everyday with a smile on my face. The room for growth is amazing as the company is growing. This is a huge plus for me. I love the work that I... do and appreciate that the company encourages me to be creative and share my opinion on projects.

Cons

No cons really. Management does a great job to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in your role.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing a great work environment and continue what you're doing!

CTC Global Corporation2019-08-28

"A Shameful Waste of Time"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job that will give you less-than-necessary income if you truly are desperate to work there.

Cons

No overtime; poor wages and benefits; poor management; poor and unsafe working conditions; poor regulation or enforcement of the rules, so everything anyone says is different from someone else, making it difficult to know what the correct step to take is; working here means you sacrifice your merit if you are even one minute late, meaning you can work your butt off every day for six months straight, but if you were... late by one minute more than 3 times in that six months, you are passed up for any wage increase or promotion, such as a temp to a direct-hire may never get hired because of "poor attendance". Extremely disorganized management causes the staff to gossip and talk mockingly about the company standards, and the rules for production and QC are often broken just to slither by without getting in trouble. Even the supervisors are willing to cut corners and lie in order to boost their image.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are more willing to do the right thing while being one minute late, instead of hiring a bunch of underqualified robots who are always on time but barely invest 50% of their efforts into their work. Stop allowing your management to sit on their butts, waiting to retire, while every week of production runs rampant with simple issues, like keeping trash off the floors, or keeping food or drinks away... from the machines (which is still a problem, even after multiple meetings about how important it is to avoid those habits). Also, you could try motivating your staff by giving them information regarding direct-hires to the company, including the pay rates your workers make compared to temp staff; no one is going to look into helping your company "grow" if you aren't even willing to share how much your workers make, unless you already know its a poor wage for a crappy job that you make out to be the saviors of the world on your website videos. You talk about growth in the production rates, but to me, the fact that your management team is so impotent to deal with their daily responsibilities (like taking walks through production while asking questions and raising concerns) tells me that investing in this company's growth is as foolish as investing in a company that's been bankrupt three times before, and thats the word out in your facility. Makes it hard to take a company so full of dirt seriously, don't you think Mr. CEO?

CTC Global Corporation2018-04-24

May 7, 2018Director Tehnology

We are sorry to hear how disappointed you are. Have you shared your concerns with our HR department? Considering we are growing nearly 30% per year, we recognize there are plenty of challenges, but many of us that have been here since the beginning see this as an opportunity to improve. Your feedback, while a bit harsh, is still very helpful. Thank you

"I would recommend finding another job at another place."

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at CTC Global Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

A source of income when you do not have one. Located in Irvine. Makes you appreciate other companies you worked for.

Cons

Weird company. Seems like no body cares and everyone wants out. Very apparent that the owner wants to show some revenue to sell the company.

CTC Global Corporation2018-04-18

May 7, 2018Director Tehnology

We hope you are happier in your new role

"Great Technology yet Negative Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at CTC Global Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a technology of the future. I had an amazing, immediate Supervisor. Most co-workers are great. There is longevity for the resilient and committed.

Cons

Negativity and yelling. Many are overworked without time to eat or gain proper support. Some salary employees have little time for a healthy home life. There is an absolute double standard there. It often takes 5 - 10 years to get an overdue raise for many dedicated, hardworking employees. Fumes are also a concern for the underpaid employees who are on their feet all day. They often work long shifts, 7 days a... week and holidays. Each Executive should spend a month on their feet running Production to better appreciate Production employees.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to be humble and work on his compassion. More positive reinforcement in addition to the negative yet occasional constructive criticism. Stop yelling and talking down to others. We are all equally human. See quote from Steve Jobs just before death. Corporate okay, however one life. Let’s be kind.

CTC Global Corporation2018-01-12

February 6, 2018Director Tehnology

Many thanks for your honest feedback. As you probably know, we have been growing at nearly 30% per year which is both exciting and stressful. To help our management team including our CEO, we have shared a book called "The Ideal Team Player" by Patrick Lencioni. The easy to read book teaches the importance of being "Humble, Hungry and Smart." We are all continuing to learn and working hard to build a better and more comfortable environment. All the best with your future endeavors.

"Life Changing"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator and Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I began here at CTC about a month ago and the company has drastically changed my life for the better. The management style is facilitated and closely monitored in a way that allows space for growth as well as pleasant human interaction. The team here from top to bottom is helpful, nice, and generally speaking, people I have already come to know as friends. The industry advantages of the products produced speak for... themselves and therefore the work load is never overwhelming but still challenging in different ways everyday. The products are also certified environmentally friendly so you can feel good about your work on a global level. I would highly recommend CTC Global to any one regardless of where their interests lie.

Cons

They make me go home to my wife from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work !

CTC Global Corporation2017-06-15

"R&D Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CTC Global has an environment conducive to self directed and creative people. Always striving to improve upon the designs that have been proven over time and with much field experience. The core group of employees are happy to be involved in the constantly improving product line and work environment. We are a young company, with 15 years under our belt, but growing rapidly as the industry we service begins to... recognize the benefits we present. If you are personable and desire this kind of work environment, we would be happy to meet you.

Cons

The commute is difficult but it is balanced well by the freedom experienced in the course of my duties. All is a trade-off. We had some rocky years, with incoherent directives, but the recent management team is pulling together and cleaning up the definition of our goals. Things continue to get better.

Advice to Management

Take great care in the selection of prospective candidates and carefully observe their interaction with current employees. Don't allow a bad apple to spoil the barrel.

CTC Global Corporation2017-03-28

"Company Update"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CTC Global Corporation full-time

Pros

CTC Global (Formerly CTC Cable - a division of Composite Technology Corporation) is now a privately owned company (since 2012), with many original staff members. While I can appreciate that a few former employees (or people claiming to be former employees) may offer disgruntled remarks in this forum, CTC is a great place to work. Our new CEO is the best ever and he does what he says he'll do and is giving his team... lots of latitude to do our jobs.

Cons

CTC builds composite core for overhead power lines. To date we have completed 325 projects in 30 countries. With that said, utility folks are a very conservative bunch and not always easy to please. Working in places like Africa and India are not easy. Fortunately most of us work at the main office / factory in Irvine.

Advice to Management

Try to hold fewer meetings so we can get more work done. Hire more staff in the departments that need help (or move people around). Thanks for implementing the 401K program.

CTC Global Corporation2015-05-07

"CTC Global Corporation is completely disorganized from the CEO down to its lowest level employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at CTC Global Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sorry, I can't think of any "Pros" for working for this company.

Cons

Employee morale is low due to inefficient and ineffective management. Senior management completely ignores its top performing employees and focuses more on ways to stifle productivity.

Advice to Management

Be more attentive to your employees. Implement performance reviews of all employees including the CEO. Don’t just say your “Planning on reviewing” Start giving pay raises or even at the very least “Cost of Living” increases. Hire better Managers (Managers that actually have people skills).

CTC Global Corporation2012-11-15