CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Reviews in Port Charlotte, FL | Glassdoor

CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Port Charlotte Reviews

1 review

Port Charlotte, FL

1.0
CEO

"Beware.."

Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Charlotte, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Charlotte, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I seriously can't think of any real pros of this job.

Cons

Overall a very seazy company. The only thing professional about these guys is that they're pros at screwing the employees. Don't trust them, and if you do get hired, document everything! You'll need it to build your case for Wage and Hourly. Thats what I did and it was worth the hassle.

Its all piece work, which means you will be working 12 to sometimes 16 hours a day and they will find ways to NOT pay you. And when you quit, make sure you quit at the end of the day on Saturday. This is very important because if you dont, you will never see your final paycheck. Why? Because the pay period ends on Thursdays and you're paid on Fridays. They pay you for the week prior and they expect you to quit on a payday because most people do. Dont quit on a Friday because that gives them time to contact payroll and hold your final check the following week (one scam is to claim you have missing tools and bill you for them). If you wait until late Saturday then that weeks payroll is already sent to to be processed by a third party company, which means its too late for them to take money out. If you do this, all they can do is try to bill you for them, which is what they did to me. Luckily I documented everything.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management, only a warning. Your hubris was and is your downfall. Oh yeah, make sure that the next employee you screw isn't related to the Govonor. =O

Showing 1 of 30 review