CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you love being outside and meeting new people

Cons

sometimes installation projects get be long

2. "Very unprofessional"

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros of working at CTIS.

Cons

They worked the dispatchers 40-50 hours a week and kept them at "Part time" status. Some dispatchers were at work until 10pm to 2am. Management should be more professional.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep dispatchers at part time, do not work them full time hours. There is no reason that a technician should still be at a customers house after 10pm.

3. "HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Installer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Installer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Several:

Long hours
    Pay is not consistent with what we were told we will be getting paid

Poor management- the managers do not know how to speak to employees

professionally, or respectfully and they never want to be called when we need help.

Rude Staff

Very disorganized- mistakes are constantly being made on timesheets and ID's as well as there is constantly days where we have no equipment to do our jobs.

Advice to Management

learn how to speak to your employees with respect.

Be available and willing to help when needed

4. "Cable technician"

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time

Pros

You'll learn a trade in a crash course environment

Cons

Horrible everything. From management on down

Advice to Management

Get a life

5. "Lead Commercial Installation Technician & Trainer"

Former Employee - Lead Commercial Installation Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Commercial Installation Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commercial money was GREAT!!!! Residential? Not so much... But the LATEST pro? CUI Cable bought them out!!!!!!

Cons

Need to increase pay for your technicians, especially because without their billing, the company would not have revenue...

Advice to Management

Keep advancement opportunities coming. If an employee feels as though it is a dead end job, they will stop caring or trying.They will focus their time on finding another "JOB", not a "CAREER"...

6. "Lead Commercial Installation Field Technician"

Former Employee - Lead Commercial Tech/Trainer in Stuart, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Commercial Tech/Trainer in Stuart, FL

Pros

The harder and faster you work, the more you make.

Cons

Slow days or weeks, where we had too many technicians and not enough work.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth with your techs, they have a wealth of knowledge.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Cable Technician and Field Trainer in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Technician and Field Trainer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time

Pros

It is a stable job

Cons

***BEWARE*** You will be required to work very long hours. You will be required to work weekends despite whatever the recruiter or management tells you. Nothing is what it seems with this company. You will be told whatever they have to tell you to keep you working, they will promise you $1000+ per week, they will promise you that you don't have to work Sundays but you will be told after hire that you will work Sundays. They give you a truck and monitor your location with GPS and if you take a short break from the heat and the truck is running for a/c they will dock your pay for every minutes the truck is running. They will backcharge you for equipment even if it is returned and dock your pay for weeks. If you decide to leave to go to work for another cable company they will withhold your badge for a minimum of 30 days preventing you from going to work at your new employer. Trust me, I have been out of work for 6 weeks because they were retaliating against me for leaving. This company is shady, they discriminate and they treat you like garbage. Management in the office I worked in is unprofessional, has poor people skills and they will threaten you if you need to take a day off or if you are sick. This company is shady. It looks good in the beginning and I promise you after a couple weeks you will see everything I have listed happen numerous times. I was happy working there until these things started to happen and when I wanted to move on they put a block on me and held my badge so my new employer couldn't apply for one for me to start my new job. Use extreme care when considering this company.

Advice to Management

CTIS ownership should cut ties with the corrupt management and rebuild that offices personnel from the ground up.

8. "Worst company I've ever worked for...PERIOD!!"

Former Employee - Cable Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Less than a year)

Pros

None...you get a truck for work.

Cons

Long hours low pay. I nearly worked 7 days every week and my checks seem as if i worked minimum wage. People are promoted into higher paying jobs out of friendship rather than seniority or performance. They keep you out working on low paying task someone else was assigned to out of favoritism.

The dispatch team are very unprofessional, they talk to tech they don't like like trash At first management lies about pay potential which is significantly lower than they say the average is. This is where you go when you've run out of options.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and update processing to digital format.

"Cable Tech"

Former Employee - Cable Installer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Installer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide the tools and training, as well as a truck with no up front cost from you, Majority of the techs and lower support staff are pretty nice, down to earth people.

Cons

- The hours are insane, expect to work 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day.
    - Pay can be good if you're really quick with each job, but starting out you're going to be making minimum wage.
    - The worst part of the job is management. They do not care about you and their current plan is to squeeze as much work out of you before you quit. There is an incredible turn over rate. There was one individual who's child needed a blood transfusion from an accident, and management said "not our problem, don't miss work". They have the same attitude towards everyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your techs like human beings, Your production will go up when you treat your people well and they decide to actually stay more then 3 months. When you actually have people stay, you'll have enough people so they aren't working 60-70 hours a week.

10. "Grade D Company"

Current Employee - Cable Technician
    Current Employee - Cable Technician

Pros

If you become a tail (snitch) for upper management, you will be thrown small incentives. You'll then have the opportunity to make thousands per week! Your allowed to follow highly paid technicians to find any mistakes they have made in order to back charge them hence reducing that persons pay and rewarded to you!

Cons

If you should EVER stand up for yourself in this company..you will strategically be thrown horrible, long lasting, unbearable jobs and stripped of all accolades! Supervisors demean and treat employees very poorly. Also slapping them with back charges for equipment that they have no way of disputing and deducting hundreds of dollars from their already limited income. The base pay is below minimum wage ($6-$7). This is a very vindictive company and will use anybody that will allow it so be most CAREFUL!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you would like Comcast to treat you...Comcast knows very little of the shenanigans this company upholds..but no for long! BBB will hear of your harsh practices as well.