CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Lead Commercial Installation Field Technician"

Former Employee - Lead Commercial Tech/Trainer in Stuart, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Commercial Tech/Trainer in Stuart, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The harder and faster you work, the more you make.

Cons

Slow days or weeks, where we had too many technicians and not enough work.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth with your techs, they have a wealth of knowledge.

2. "HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Installer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Installer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Several:

Long hours
    Pay is not consistent with what we were told we will be getting paid

Poor management- the managers do not know how to speak to employees

professionally, or respectfully and they never want to be called when we need help.

Rude Staff

Very disorganized- mistakes are constantly being made on timesheets and ID's as well as there is constantly days where we have no equipment to do our jobs.

Advice to Management

learn how to speak to your employees with respect.

Be available and willing to help when needed

3. "Lead Commercial Installation Technician & Trainer"

Former Employee - Lead Commercial Installation Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Commercial Installation Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Pros

Commercial money was GREAT!!!! Residential? Not so much... But the LATEST pro? CUI Cable bought them out!!!!!!

Cons

Need to increase pay for your technicians, especially because without their billing, the company would not have revenue...

Advice to Management

Keep advancement opportunities coming. If an employee feels as though it is a dead end job, they will stop caring or trying.They will focus their time on finding another "JOB", not a "CAREER"...

5. "Beware"

Former Employee - Cable Technician and Field Trainer in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Technician and Field Trainer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time

Pros

It is a stable job

Cons

***BEWARE*** You will be required to work very long hours. You will be required to work weekends despite whatever the recruiter or management tells you. Nothing is what it seems with this company. You will be told whatever they have to tell you to keep you working, they will promise you $1000+ per week, they will promise you that you don't have to work Sundays but you will be told after hire that you will work Sundays. They give you a truck and monitor your location with GPS and if you take a short break from the heat and the truck is running for a/c they will dock your pay for every minutes the truck is running. They will backcharge you for equipment even if it is returned and dock your pay for weeks. If you decide to leave to go to work for another cable company they will withhold your badge for a minimum of 30 days preventing you from going to work at your new employer. Trust me, I have been out of work for 6 weeks because they were retaliating against me for leaving. This company is shady, they discriminate and they treat you like garbage. Management in the office I worked in is unprofessional, has poor people skills and they will threaten you if you need to take a day off or if you are sick. This company is shady. It looks good in the beginning and I promise you after a couple weeks you will see everything I have listed happen numerous times. I was happy working there until these things started to happen and when I wanted to move on they put a block on me and held my badge so my new employer couldn't apply for one for me to start my new job. Use extreme care when considering this company.

Advice to Management

CTIS ownership should cut ties with the corrupt management and rebuild that offices personnel from the ground up.

6. "Worst company I've ever worked for...PERIOD!!"

Former Employee - Cable Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Less than a year)

Pros

None...you get a truck for work.

Cons

Long hours low pay. I nearly worked 7 days every week and my checks seem as if i worked minimum wage. People are promoted into higher paying jobs out of friendship rather than seniority or performance. They keep you out working on low paying task someone else was assigned to out of favoritism.

The dispatch team are very unprofessional, they talk to tech they don't like like trash At first management lies about pay potential which is significantly lower than they say the average is. This is where you go when you've run out of options.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and update processing to digital format.

"Cable Tech"

Former Employee - Cable Installer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Installer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide the tools and training, as well as a truck with no up front cost from you, Majority of the techs and lower support staff are pretty nice, down to earth people.

Cons

- The hours are insane, expect to work 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day.
    - Pay can be good if you're really quick with each job, but starting out you're going to be making minimum wage.
    - The worst part of the job is management. They do not care about you and their current plan is to squeeze as much work out of you before you quit. There is an incredible turn over rate. There was one individual who's child needed a blood transfusion from an accident, and management said "not our problem, don't miss work". They have the same attitude towards everyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your techs like human beings, Your production will go up when you treat your people well and they decide to actually stay more then 3 months. When you actually have people stay, you'll have enough people so they aren't working 60-70 hours a week.

8. "Company is ridiculous"

Former Employee - Florida (FL) Cable Tech in Punta Gorda, FL
    Former Employee - Florida (FL) Cable Tech in Punta Gorda, FL

Pros

None what so ever.
    Can't think of any good from ctis
    Complete nightmare to work for

Cons

Over worked under paid no support treated like garbage no family life company is a slave driver.

Advice to Management

The entire management sucks. From owners to project mangers to office managers. No clue how to run a business.

9. "Technician"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

That is an ok company,They give you tools some training,they give you truck to drive home,but they don't have the people skills management,force you to work at least six day a weak and more for some technician.Start early in the morning and finish at least 6,7 until 10 o'clock at night.it just crazy

Cons

I already give the down side they don't know how to treat employees,some managers don't have the management skills

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to their technician,and put their buts on the field to know what is really going on out there.Before let a technician go collect enought data from both party not just one

10. "tech 3"

Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Pros

if you can work for unlimited time ; it is your job!
    if you looking for some money to earn and if you are hard worker then go in.

Cons

6 day working.
    some nights have to go home late.
    need to work under raining.

Advice to Management

you are good!

11. "Terrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Pros

Money, that's about it, nothing else

Cons

The management is stupid. The supervisor in Port Saint Lucie would not buy chargers to ensure that his techs had working meters. I would get to the shop at 6 AM and it would still take hours to get equipment. I would get sent 30 minutes off my route to do an 8 dollar service call. The list goes on and on

Advice to Management

Hire competent people.