CTIS, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Work"

Former Employee - Technician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good to work for.

Cons

No cons for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Not a good place to work"

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good benefits and pay is competitive. Good people to work with. Some managers ok or good.

Cons

Lots of changes but nothing ever changes. The CEO is not mentally stable. The company is not financially stable either. Work from home is a joke. The company has absolutely no growth.

Advice to Management

Create growth for the company.

Mar 15, 2017 – Sr. Director HR and Admin. Services

Thank you for your feedback. CTIS is committed to diversity and our multidisciplinary team strives to create an innovative, comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our... More

"Do not waste your time"

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

Decent and competitive salary. Worked with a few great people.

Cons

Don't be fooled by the fact that many of their employees have been there for so long. It is not because they love the place, it is because they are trapped and can not leave as they will not get paid the same salary elsewhere. Yes, they pay well, but its equivalent to selling your soul to the devil. Management are demeaning, untrustworthy, and have no morals. They lead by fear, not inspiration and motivation. Don't be fooled by positive reviews as I have no doubt they were created by pawns to boost ratings as they can not handle knowing how miserable employees are.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because even if I offered any you would be too arrogant to recognize that there is even a problem instead of actually trying to fix it.

Mar 13, 2017 – Sr. Director HR and Admin. Services

"This place is bad and discriminatory toward non-Indians"

Former Employee - Mid-Java Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Mid-Java Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team culture among lower-level employees

Cons

The fear that management is leading well and there's nothing to say or do to fix anything

Advice to Management

Get new management.

Mar 13, 2017 – Sr. Director HR and Admin. Services

5. "Contractor"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Rockville, MD

Pros

Good Company, Great flexibility, Nice co workers.

Cons

I guess, I not yet identified any cons.

Advice to Management

NA

"Afraid to say too much for fear of retribution"

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive, but not worth it.

Cons

Lack of transparency and clear direction. Back biting and lack of empathy from senior management. Using time off and work from home is always a battle.

"bad politics & telugu favouritism inside company !!!"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architeect/Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architeect/Engineer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

stable government contracts , supportive Gujarati upper management !!!

Cons

Too much politics & favoritism to telugu people !!!There is a gang of non performing telugu people who dont allow other professionals to work in the project !!! too much of back biting & leg pulling by these telugu people !!! they all support each other in their group & will complain & victimize other productive non telugu professionals to such an extent that the higher CTIS management is forced to eliminate such professionals on performance grounds!!! Many hard working & productive professionals having genuine work experience have just left ctis having faced such bad politics in CTIS !!! These telugu gang has got a false or problematic engineering degree due to which they are scared or hyper possessive of leaving or changing their job in CTIS due to which they doesnt allow efficient non telugu professionals to survive in the projects on the perception that retaining only telugu people will cement / secure their position in the company..
    Unfortunately they have been in CTIS for many years and the management is dependent on them for their technical knowledge. They takes undue advantage of this privilege. assigned to them by the management. Their modus operandi is simple they will retain all telgu people in the project irrespective of their performance or capabilities to perform the assigned task . On the contrary they will snoop and interfere in the work of other non telugu professionals & create false negative stories around them & escalate it at regular intervals . The result is obvious , other productive & committed non telugu professionals are forced to leave the project after certain period of time. In return the non productive telugu professionals will simply appoint themselves as the best employee & worthy of award during annual gathering of CTIS !!!

Advice to Management

CREATE an fair & transparent by controlling telugu people ,restricting them from the interfering into the hiring process since they only hire & recruit other telugu people & blindly eliminate non telugu people.!!!

8. "Community Liaison"

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great place to work that provides amazing rewards!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, I love it!

"Great tech firm that has heart!"

Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at CTIS for over a year and gained so much experience in a small amount of time. They are constantly innovating new technology that has a real world impact. I was happy to work for a company that valued my input and allowed for a large amount of autonomy. I had a great time working with the great minds that I met there. So many of the developers were full of great ideas and that was very inspiring.

Cons

I wish there were more restaurants close-by. The parking was not very shady so bring a visor for your windshield or you'll be super hot on summer days.

"Learned So Much from a Great Team of People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

I really valued my time at CTIS and learned a lot from everyone within the company. As a small business you become a family and really look out for one another like you would as siblings. Team work is key and knowing you can count on one another makes any day easier to get through. At the end of the day, I was able to be apart of many projects and learned so much over the 2 years I worked there.

Cons

I wish I had a bit more flexibility with my work schedule.