CTIS, Inc. Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Raj Shah

1. "Contractor"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Rockville, MD

Pros

Good Company, Great flexibility, Nice co workers.

Cons

I guess, I not yet identified any cons.

Advice to Management

NA

"This place is bad and discriminatory toward non-Indians"

Former Employee - Mid-Java Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Mid-Java Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team culture among lower-level employees

Cons

The fear that management is leading well and there's nothing to say or do to fix anything

Advice to Management

Get new management.

CTIS, Inc. Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Sr. Director HR and Admin. Services

Thank you for your feedback. CTIS is committed to diversity and our multidisciplinary team strives to create an innovative, comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our ... More

"bad politics & telugu favouritism inside company !!!"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architeect/Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architeect/Engineer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

stable government contracts , supportive Gujarati upper management !!!

Cons

Too much politics & favoritism to telugu people !!!There is a gang of non performing telugu people who dont allow other professionals to work in the project !!! too much of back biting & leg pulling by these telugu people !!! they all support each other in their group & will complain & victimize other productive non telugu professionals to such an extent that the higher CTIS management is forced to eliminate such professionals on performance grounds!!! Many hard working & productive professionals having genuine work experience have just left ctis having faced such bad politics in CTIS !!! These telugu gang has got a false or problematic engineering degree due to which they are scared or hyper possessive of leaving or changing their job in CTIS due to which they doesnt allow efficient non telugu professionals to survive in the projects on the perception that retaining only telugu people will cement / secure their position in the company..
    Unfortunately they have been in CTIS for many years and the management is dependent on them for their technical knowledge. They takes undue advantage of this privilege. assigned to them by the management. Their modus operandi is simple they will retain all telgu people in the project irrespective of their performance or capabilities to perform the assigned task . On the contrary they will snoop and interfere in the work of other non telugu professionals & create false negative stories around them & escalate it at regular intervals . The result is obvious , other productive & committed non telugu professionals are forced to leave the project after certain period of time. In return the non productive telugu professionals will simply appoint themselves as the best employee & worthy of award during annual gathering of CTIS !!!

Advice to Management

CREATE an fair & transparent by controlling telugu people ,restricting them from the interfering into the hiring process since they only hire & recruit other telugu people & blindly eliminate non telugu people.!!!

"Great tech firm that has heart!"

Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at CTIS for over a year and gained so much experience in a small amount of time. They are constantly innovating new technology that has a real world impact. I was happy to work for a company that valued my input and allowed for a large amount of autonomy. I had a great time working with the great minds that I met there. So many of the developers were full of great ideas and that was very inspiring.

Cons

I wish there were more restaurants close-by. The parking was not very shady so bring a visor for your windshield or you'll be super hot on summer days.

"Learned So Much from a Great Team of People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

I really valued my time at CTIS and learned a lot from everyone within the company. As a small business you become a family and really look out for one another like you would as siblings. Team work is key and knowing you can count on one another makes any day easier to get through. At the end of the day, I was able to be apart of many projects and learned so much over the 2 years I worked there.

Cons

I wish I had a bit more flexibility with my work schedule.

7. "Mission focused company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mission oriented company with a focus on building solutions that will eventually help save lives. Most hands-on work environment with one of the best thought leader in the industry at it's helm. One of the best delivery team in and around the beltway that I have come across and feel very proud to be involved with the company at all levels.

Cons

Work -Life balance needs to improve a little more and that the company needs to focus on some more best practices that is focused towards a structured growth and innovation.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the right things and don't get distracted with any internal/external factors. Get more structure around BD and growth and make use of the best practices that the company excels in at delivery.

8. "Positive Learning Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Rockville, MD
    Former Intern - Intern in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It was nice to work with a business that has a friendly company culture. I was assigned tasks daily that really helped me gain insight on what my life would be like once I graduated. They were all related to what I wanted to do when I got out of school. I think that gave me a leg up on some of my classmates who had pretty lame internships. There's no coffee gopher here and who needs one when they have a Keurig anyway!! I had a wonderful experience with CTIS and I am so thankful for the opportunity they gave me.

Cons

Traffic on 270 and 495 can get totally insane on the way home.

Advice to Management

The interactions I had with management really showed me how good leadership is done.

9. "Thrive company that make difference in Healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CTIS is a company with Heart from CEO to management. The most important thing that I about the company is that there is never a dull moment so the staff here are never bored. This is company that is making a difference in Health care. Flex working hours, Excellent Pay, Excellent benefits.

Cons

Not that I can think

Advice to Management

Management does a great job at helping employees advance in their careers. Keep focus on those with great potential and keep doing what you already do to help them succeed.

"Get out if you can!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great but sometimes the stress that comes along with it makes you wonder whether it is worth it.

Cons

Well first let me start off by saying. The CEO looks likes a little devil. Once I saw him I then understood why everyone in the office had the same look of despair and hopelessness they feed off of your happiness. There is clearly a hierarchy there if you are not of Indian descent it is very hard for you to advance. Diversity is a joke as they hire token non-Indians (in my honest opinion) to meet the status quo.

You will spend your entire day in meetings and listen to the CEO rant about, On one occasion for example during a blizzard I might add, about him getting Medicare but then you will get screamed at for not getting your work done. CTIS is known for passing the buck. No one can take ownership of their faults. It is a trickling effect from the CEO on down.

The fact that the company was named one of the Healthiest Companies in Maryland is a joke. You are allotted 30mins to walk once a week. Be mindful for if you are away from your desk for too long they may send the hounds to come after you. You will get so stressed at CTIS you will either lose a lot of weight or will gain a lot of weight depending on how your body handles stress.

They spend so much money to host elaborate events and invite very high profile figures but they cannot pay any of their vendors on time.

Too many talented people have come and gone. The CEO cannot keep a personal assistant for more than 6 months max. I applaud the one lady who walked out on her second day she was my hero. The CEO always has an entourage of people following him most are women to whom he demeans.

The CEO loves to belittle his employees. It seems as though it is his favorite past-time. The senior management team is ineffective and many don't know what to do. There are constant changes in strategy sometimes daily. Leadership roles aren't clearly defined

LONG HOURS weekends included!!!! You are not expected to have a life outside of CTIS. You will get in trouble for it.

The CEOs motivational emails are ramblings, when he isn't screaming at someone. Aside from his physical health issues I believe he may has some mental health issues as well.

I will end this by say saying CTIS pays you well above market rate but kills your soul.

Advice to Management

Understand that without your employees this business cannot flourish and grow. Treat your employees better.

"Wish I Knew About Glassdoor Before Accepting a Job Here!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Rockville MD office is close for those who live in Maryland (I don't). There is ample parking in the parking lot. The elevators work. There are nice restaurants nearby for lunch. It is near 270. The lowly staff (like me) are truly good people who are scared for their livelihood and jobs. The benefits are ok. The pay is ok but the merit raises are small.

Cons

I am honestly afraid of retribution for posting this, but I have to. CTIS is the worst work experience of my life. There is little diversity here. Most of the staff are of Indian background like me. Other races don't seem to last long here. I think the CEO's publicly known health issues have affected his ability to lead. He rants constantly and often puts down us workers in front of the entire company. He seems to enjoy embarrassing his employees, especially the females. They must sit in his meetings and stay silent even when he unleashes a tirade against them. The senior management team is ineffective and impotent. A few also seem to enjoy yelling at the staff and blaming everyone else for their problems. There is a new strategy every few days. The CEOs emails to the staff are the stuff of Dilbert. He thinks he's inspiring us with his words of wisdom and thought for the day but the messages are often senseless and rambling and scary. His wife seems to silently run the company though she never speaks in any staff meeting. I once turned to HR for advice and help but will never make that mistake again. I don't think any of them have HR experience and made it clear they support the management.

Advice to Management

This place is broken. Maybe stop meeting with each other all the time and have a real meeting with the staff to learn to help the company. I feel like I am on a sinking ship.