CTR Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Arn Boyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Benefits Coordinator"

I worked at CTR Group full-time

Pros

CTR became my work family. I started as a file clerk and worked my way up to Benefits Coordinator. They always gave me opportunity to learn and advance while I was with them. I could not have worked for better people.

Cons

I was always satisfied with my employment and treatment at CTR. I cannot think of anything at this time.

2. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Newport News, VA

I have been working at CTR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CTR makes an effort to place you into the right job, and will keep trying. The recruiters genuinely want to help you.

Cons

Don't get discouraged if you aren't selected for the first job you apply for - the recruiters are there to help you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)

3. "Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at CTR Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The executive team is an excellent team to work for, the environment is pleasant, and the culture is excellent.

Cons

There are not any cons that I have experienced. The company is always open to feedback, so when there are concerns they are quick to address.

4. "AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Newport News, VA

I have been working at CTR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at CTR we are all treated as family. I enjoy coming into work everyday and feeling like I have purpose. Love finding opportunities for people that best fit their skill set and later receiving calls with them constantly thanking me. SO many advancements and opportunities go along with this company as well. For example, our Vice President went from being a receptionist to, well, our VP! Work also does not go unnoticed here; I receive constant praise and support from not only my colleagues but also managers, VP, and President. I am so thankful to be part of a company where celebrate one another's birthdays, have cookouts, and St. Patrick Day parties. Such a fun and rewarding company to work for!!! I love being able to meet new people from all walks of life, getting to talk and not be stuck at a desk all day long. Also, my managers are AMAZING. Never have I worked for a company where your managers work alongside you and not power hungry whatsoever. We all are passionate about our jobs and finding others opportunities just as wonderful as ours.

Cons

None what so ever

5. "Talent Sourcer"

Current Employee - Talent Sourcer in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Talent Sourcer in Newport News, VA

I have been working at CTR Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For me, the pros go beyond the workplace. Knowing I am providing a living for the community and region I live in and being able to return that investment to local businesses is just the beginning of what makes each day important.

Cons

The cons are that I miss listening to music like we used to at the annex office, however cons are so minor that I am usually left thinking of how grateful I am when I make my own mistake and realize I should strive to correct myself to make a difference in the workplace, as well.

Advice to Management

Feel free to let me know what I can do to make any task easier and more efficient when it comes to our process of sourcing and recruiting, and the ability to solidify creativity within the workplace to make everyone else's day more enjoyable.

6. "Don't waste your time at CTR group"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at CTR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. this was a waste of my time and money.

Cons

CTR landed me a job at a local metal shop. My starting pay was very little only $11.00 and hour but whatever I needed the job. Upon the first day at my new job I was told by the manager that my pay would change depending on what I was doing so if the company did not have a lot of work I basically would be making min wage.

Advice to Management

Don't help place people into terrible paying companies that are greedy and want people to work their butt off for no pay. My business with you was a complete joke

7. "CTR Pros and Cons"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Newport News, VA

I worked at CTR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Productive work environment with people that want to see you succeed
    - For the most part, a fun group of people who are easy to work with and want to see you grow as an employee.The best manager I ever had was here.

Cons

-I felt there should have been some rules involving submittal ethics within the trades recruitment department. Very cutthroat atmosphere due to added commission on people that you hired. It was not uncommon for some people within the department to steal candidates that you found.
    - There weren't enough sure options on clients that were hiring. Quite often we would staff for places or make submittals for interested and qualified candidates that wouldn't be addressed until months later.

8. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Portsmouth, VA

Pros

My time at CTR GROUP was outstanding, I started at a lower level when I came to the company as I showed what I could a accomplish I received and promotion. CTR is a veterans best friend when looking for a job if you can perform to the standards or just need some training CTR will get you what you need and get you employed where needed. CTR GROUP WORKS HARD TO KEEP THERE EMPLOEES WORKING if the work on one shipyard slows down and you want to travel CTR will make it happen . GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, My experience with CTR was VITAL to me getting my current job with DOD because In my eyes CTR get the top people and get you ready for the next step to the federal Govt.

Cons

I really have no cons about CTR GROUP they always kept their word on what they told there employees when you first start you job after being hired.

9. "Outside Machinist"

Former Employee - Outside Machinist in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Outside Machinist in Newport News, VA

I worked at CTR Group full-time

Pros

Consistancy, was the key for me. Great leadership willong to go above and beyond to get the job done with quality.

Cons

Contracting company so I rarely seen overtime.

10. "Landscaping Laborer"

Current Employee - General Laborer in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - General Laborer in Newport News, VA

Pros

Great Company for replacements when not working

Cons

Have to wait for assignments .

Advice to Management

Maybe near future