CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Reviews in Birmingham, AL | Glassdoor

5.0
CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) CEO Larry Lilley
Larry Lilley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very respectful of work/life balance (40-45 hour work week is the norm) (in 6 reviews)

• CTS is a truly a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There have been no cons at this point in my employment (in 4 reviews)

• On my first project, we were asked to travel 80% for 2 months, then about 40% for another 3 months (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management at the company is great. They will make certain to have one on ones with you, find out what you desire in your career and help you get there. I have been very impressed with everyone I have worked with.

Cons

In order to advance within the company you will be required to do certifications and classes outside of your 40 hour work week. This is a very minor con in my book, and it is nice to know exactly what set of thing you need to accomplish to further your career.

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Manager, Employee Relations and Development

Giving employees feedback on their performance and understanding what your goals are so we can better align your projects is important to us. Thank you!

"Great Company who values their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CTS is a great company with high morale and a true value on work/life balance. Upper management is readily available to all levels on employees and places employee engagement as a top priority. CTS strives to provide the best customer service for their clients.

Cons

I have no real cons.

Advice to Management

Continue with the great work

"Best IT company to work for in the South East."

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The owners are conservative and structured the company to maintain a healthy growth rate. There are clear paths for career progression. We have more opportunities than the typical IT shop to learn a broad range of technologies. Our project leverage model ensures that each team has senior level members available and access to our entire consulting pool. We provide training for all new hires to make sure everyone is ready to be placed on projects. The leadership team is made up of truly good people that have everyone's wellbeing in mind. CTS rewards hard work and commitment to the company by promoting from within when possible. Our recruiters do an excellent job finding quality people. I started my career at CTS and fully expect to retire from here. We are a big family that is constantly growing.

Cons

Just like any company that is growing and expanding, we have experienced growing pains. Some of the original company culture has diminished over the years mostly due to geographic expansion. We used to have company wide events, but the logistics have limited us to individual office events.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. Everyone that I have talked to is happy with our leaders and I feel confident that we are in good hands. I think we should expand the awards each year to include more people and categories.

4. "Abundance of opportunities"

Current Employee - Portfolio Director in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Portfolio Director in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since CTS is positioned as a conservative growth company year over year, there is a high frequency of career opportunities for someone who is talented, hard working, flexible, and truly cares about their work quality. If you are ambitious, willing to take full ownership, do all the right things regardless of the situation, and thrive in every challenge then you will be hard press to find a better place to work.

Cons

Few if any true cons.

5. "Great people and culture"

Current Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Gives you a lot of oppurtunities to learn and grow

Cons

No down sides so far

6. "Intern Learning"

Former Intern - Intern in Birmingham, AL
    Former Intern - Intern in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a ton, company trips, lunches, culture is nice

Cons

Your opinion really does not matter there...Not really a con though

"Overall great company!"

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time

Pros

Truly value employees work/life balance and have a genuine desire to help employees further their careers.

Cons

Conduct market analysis each year to keep up to date with competitors salaries and benefits

Advice to Management

Senior Management has done a great job ensuring the culture of the company.

8. "Very relaxed environment"

Current Employee - Intern in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Intern in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CTS has very friendly workers. Incredibly helpful

Cons

I didn't love the location

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Analyst 2"

Current Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Good Working atmosphere ,Friendly managers , Good opportunity to for fresh graduates , Opportunity to work on a lot of different technologies.

Cons

Pays very less , Employs a lot of more people when a lot of the current employees are in bench .

Advice to Management

NA

10. "Great company to get experience"

Current Employee - Consultant II in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Consultant II in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great place to get experience. They promote many different types of training. They pay and give bonuses for certifications. The entry level positions are asked to learn about all major technologies we work with before focusing on their field.

Cons

You are a consultant, meaning sometimes you may be asked to travel to a client's site. Consultants sometimes work odd hours. Most days are the standard 8:30-5:30, but that may change due to deadlines or client obligations. If you do not know how to balance work and life without the standard 9-5 situation, this is not for you.
    If you only want to do one thing and one thing only, this is not the place for you. They push you to make you more well rounded. QA people sometimes do a little development work and vise versa.

Advice to Management

Utilize the subjective factors more when considering people for promotion. Just because they met all pre-reqs for promotion does not mean they are ready.