CTS Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

CTS Corporation Reviews

Updated April 11, 2017

Full-time Part-time

"Don't bother unless you have DUI on your resume"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice place to say you have experience, a foot in the door in basic manufacturing.

Cons

The buddy system management was a huge downfall in management style. Lot a lot of great people and skills lost so they can promote only drinking buddies from within, a former company transition created a residue that stains current growth.

Advice to Management

To the newest CEO, good luck. I like the direction you are trying to take the company. With that said, visit the facilities without them knowing you are coming. The amount of time I have personally spent "prepping" for a visit from you is worse than having a mother in law visit. A great company doesn't need to "prep" for internal visits like they do for you. Wasted time if it is all to trick you into thinking we really have it together... when you leave the same-o, same-o.....

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Elkhart, IN

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time

Pros

Low cost of living, without bonuses or pay raises beyond 1-2% max not much is expected so it's good to coast to retirement.

Cons

Lots of politics and good ol boys club. Engineering managers without college degrees let alone engineering degrees or knowledge. If you are not from the Elkhart area you will have much less opportunity than someone who is. None or poor raises even during good times. Unlike Detroit area no bonuses or promotions regardless or performance. Worked with a child molestor in engineering that is only is gone because he went to prison.

Advice to Management

The management in Elkhart needs to change or move elsewhere. Add bonuses, get rid of dead weight no matter how long they have been with the company.

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees on the floor. Benefits were pretty good.

Cons

Lack of true management and the way some middle management were allowed to treat others was deplorable.

Advice to Management

Replace a great majority of them and get people who are concerned about the company instead of themselves.

""white collar technical""

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time

Pros

Good people, far less customer and supplier travel across all positions than typical in automotive supply field., so if this is desired (not for me) for family reasons, the job is less intrusive than most. Housing is much cheaper than Detroit burbs.

Cons

Since advanced skillsets are not really needed, the norm of promoting/hiring people to high level positions does not occur based on advanced degrees, certs, training, etc. They make simpler tier 2 products, some tier 1, so it's based on word of mouth and other factors. There was a bit of high management turnover for a while, people hired who were friendly, outgoing, but poorly skilled and marginal leaders.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people thru buddy system. Use advanced degrees, certs, training, as a metric of achievement.

"Former Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Elkhart, IN

Pros

Good place to start your career.

Cons

The culture was oppressive. I have heard from several current employees that the new management is not getting it done.

"Just ok"

Former Employee - Administrative Support in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Support in Lisle, IL

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office environment was very nice and so were the people. The benefits provided were also decent, so that also helped.

Cons

Growth opportunities were limited for most unless you rubbed elbows with the right people in charge, which was a challenge as the corporate office was located in Elkhart, IN at the time.

"Chaotic, mismanaged and unorganized, otherwise a great experience."

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Elkhart, IN

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned to manage a group of individuals as well as multiple products. I accelerated in my time management ability. I learned about unfamiliar products and prototypes.

Cons

The only recognition received was that of negative enforcement. There was no team effort above my pay grade, only individuals faulting others instead of pulling together.

Advice to Management

Please get all of the facts and pertinent information before acting. Do not reinforce individuals because they tend to be loud or try to intimidate, positive attitudes should be rewarded. Hard work, personal effort and team players will make a corporation successful, and gain respect where it is due...management.

9. "Good learning experience."

Former Employee - Administrative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in San Jose, CA

Pros

The people were the best part of this company, learned many essential skills which I will use through out my career.

Cons

Lot of turn over in past two years, hard to make it through. Employees losing momentum.

10. "Do not work at CTS"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moorpark, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moorpark, CA

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some nice people. nice bathrooms........

Cons

Too many to list; it would hurt my fingers.

Advice to Management

show SOME value to employees or fire them and get new ones.

11. "Just another American based company that takes jobs away from American workers for a better bottom line."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility I worked at was a very friendly environment filled with highly skilled and helpful coworkers. Hours were reasonable with occasional over time.

Cons

The facility I worked for was closed, all production lines were moved to Juarez, Mexico to save money and raise profits for share holders. Numerous awards in excellence and a highly skilled core of employees was not enough to stop them from closing down this factory. No raise in 3 years of service.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your skilled employee's more than your share holders.