CTS LanguageLink "interpreters" Reviews | Glassdoor

CTS LanguageLink Employee Reviews about "interpreters"

Updated May 30, 2019

Found 43 reviews

3.3
Jeff Barger
Pros
  • "Opportunity to work from home, save on gas, work in your pajamas, fair pay, very easy access to management if you have any issues(in 6 reviews)

• "The call center leads were always very resourceful and clever when helping with issues with the systems or procedures with clients(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "this is for the call center only(in 3 reviews)

• "Interpreters from South America get paid 5USD an hour(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "interpreters"

Return to all Reviews

"Worked as a Spanish Interpreter for over 3 years"

I worked at CTS LanguageLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

reliable work and income.

Cons

poorly compensated in comparison to work load. ridiculous schedules that frequently changed. high turnover rate of interpreters because there was literally NO support for them. high expectations with no incentives. also had to deal with a significant amount of sexism and racism within the work place, so watch out!

Advice to Management

i informed them that they needed to offer the interpreters better support, better wages, and a much more professional management team. I stayed there for 3 years because I had a different manager that valued the work the interpreters did and stood up for us. I left shortly after she resigned because things took a turn for the worst.

CTS LanguageLink2015-07-26

"Ripeoff to interpreters"

Current Employee - Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CTS LanguageLink for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing can be reported as pros.

Cons

Poor management, poor customer services. Interpreters don't get reimburssed for mileage after they had already cover assignments. Pay after more than two month from the assignment date.

CTS LanguageLink2013-03-06

"Interpreter"

I have been working at CTS LanguageLink full-time

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

Interpreters from South America get paid 5USD an hour. That is less than the minimum wage in the USA and in our own countries. Our half hour lunch is not even paid and breaks are paid as a ¨prize¨ for being on time every day.

Advice to Management

I would recommend treating interpreters the way they should and give them a DECENT salary. I don´t know about American employees and what their salaries and benefits are like, but interpreters in South America get paid $5 dollars an hour and get absolutely no benefits. The sole reason I work here is because my country is undergoing a major crisis and I can´t find anything better.

CTS LanguageLink2017-11-13

CTS LanguageLink Response

November 20, 2017Vendor Management Office

Rates are determined by the manager of each country. LanguageLink HQ just accepts (or not) the rates suggested by said managers for their interpreter’s time based on whether it is profitable for us as a business or not. This is an hourly rate paid because these interpreters are ...

Found 43 reviews